United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 22-08-2021, 01:02 PM
ZiggyStardust

Would have preferred Sancho over Martial and keep Greenwood up top but at least Dan James isn’t starting

Matic in for his added control I persume

Unread 22-08-2021, 01:04 PM
Dasilvatwins

Matic is probably there as added defensive cover on corners. He had a decent preseason , clearly some players aren’t fully fit , The Scottish Player has had one 60 mins since coming back.

Glad he is rotating a bit, martial will deliver

Unread 22-08-2021, 01:04 PM
NedKelly

Was hoping Sancho starts but it’s great to see the Fire Martial back on the team sheet. It’s a guaranteed win for me now.

Unread 22-08-2021, 01:05 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Would have preferred Sancho over Martial and keep Greenwood up top but at least Dan James isn’t starting

Matic in for his added control I persume
And probably because he had a full pre season.

I think we have to expect a bit of chopping and changing until we’re up to speed and Ole knows who is ready and who isn’t. We don’t.

Sancho and Varane will be nailed on starters in no time.

Unread 22-08-2021, 01:05 PM
windy waffles

Just stick Varane and Sancho straight in the team ffs.

Unread 22-08-2021, 01:07 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
The excitement has already ended

Same as last week. Hopefully same result.

Love to see the reason for starting Martial rather than Sancho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
And probably because he had a full pre season.

I think we have to expect a bit of chopping and changing until we’re up to speed and Ole knows who is ready and who isn’t. We don’t.

Sancho and Varane will be nailed on starters in no time.
Said the same about Beek last season.

One year on...

Should still beat Southampton though.

Unread 22-08-2021, 01:09 PM
Dr Stranger

I expected Sancho to start, but not Varane. He’s been here a week, hasn’t played and was unlikely to be thrown into an away game so early. It’s a vote of confidence to Lindelof too, I reckon. He’ll want to keep players like him onside and pulling him straight out for Varane wouldn’t say much about what Ole thinks of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen

Same as last week. Hopefully same result.

Love to see the reason for starting Martial rather than Sancho

Said the same about Beek last season.

One year on...

Should still beat Southampton though.
Sancho will get his fair share of Rotation because we have so many forwards, but Varane and Maguire will be a fixture soon enough.

Unread 22-08-2021, 01:13 PM
believe

Think he’s made the right choice with Greenwood tbf, he’s much more effective from the flanks just as long as the main striker does what he needs to. Got to be the last chance saloon for Martial this season surely?

Unread 22-08-2021, 01:16 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Think he’s made the right choice with Greenwood tbf, he’s much more effective from the flanks just as long as the main striker does what he needs to. Got to be the last chance saloon for Martial this season surely?
Yeah, it’s another big show of faith for Martial. Greenwood did well there last week and he could have easily carried on there. Martial has to deliver. No more excuses. Cavani overtook him last season and Greenwood will do so soon as well.

Unread 22-08-2021, 01:16 PM
My Name is Heath

Happy with that.

Saving the gunpowder for later on.

Will win this 6-4 6-2 and 6-love

Unread 22-08-2021, 01:17 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Just stick Varane and Sancho straight in the team ffs.
Madness ain't it, full time professional footballers, made this mistake pre Leeds on the match thread so, 6-1 united

Unread 22-08-2021, 01:27 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Madness ain't it, full time professional footballers, made this mistake pre Leeds on the match thread so, 6-1 united
Oh we will still win but it is frustrating that they have to be 'bedded in'.

Unread 22-08-2021, 01:32 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Delighted for Jem 👍
I'd be happier if it wasn't fred next to him or if we had three in midfield or if we'd bought neves and trippier already. but at least james is nowhere near it. greenwood is so much better than him.

Unread 22-08-2021, 01:32 PM
Jethro

0-4

Cake walk

Unread 22-08-2021, 01:36 PM
believe

Just noticed the bench. We’ll be £#%&! if we struggle to make goals, there’s no real natural scorer you’d look to the bench at. Where the £#%&! is Cavani?

Unread 22-08-2021, 01:37 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I'd be happier if it wasn't fred next to him or if we had three in midfield or if we'd bought neves and trippier already. but at least james is nowhere near it. greenwood is so much better than him.
I always feel better with him away from home. Reads the game well and composed on the ball under pressure. Got a good preseason under his belt too.

I feared Greenwood might have been the fall guy for Sancho, so I’m glad he isn’t.

Unread 22-08-2021, 01:40 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Just noticed the bench. We’ll be £#%&! if we struggle to make goals, there’s no real natural scorer you’d look to the bench at. Where the £#%&! is Cavani?
Only got back this week. He's been training but not match fit.

Unread 22-08-2021, 01:41 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Only got back this week. He's been training but not match fit.
needs time to bed in.

Unread 22-08-2021, 01:41 PM
JamesPolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Oh we will still win but it is frustrating that they have to be 'bedded in'.
Typical United fasion. Same with moving players out of the club nothing done uproot the weed until its too late.

Unread 22-08-2021, 01:46 PM
Dr Stranger

Scenes on here when our subs come on are James, The Scottish Player and Lingard.