United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-01-2021, 09:01 PM
Neo

Angry

He's like a shit Ji-Sung Park.

Which says a lot considering Park was £#%&!ing abysmally shit.

I prefer United players to have more about them than running around a lot and getting pushed over.

Unread 21-01-2021, 09:13 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

I prefer United players to have more about them than running around a lot and getting pushed over.
This may be your worst footballing opinion, nqat.

Unread 21-01-2021, 09:15 PM
Carlton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medlock

The heroes of the 1980s like Robbo, Sparky, Norman etc. stood out because they were consistent even when playing with as bad a set of shitc***s as we've ever had. Nothing to do with "compilations"
The likes of Donaghy, Ralphie, Leighton, Duxbury, Hogg were (rightly) absolutely hammered, not least by RedIssue.
And that’s without even mentioning Mal Donaghy.

Unread 21-01-2021, 09:27 PM
otbarney

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlton
and that’s without even mentioning mal donaghy.
😁 😁 😁

Unread 21-01-2021, 11:22 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

What an absolute load of £#%&!ing %@#$&!s

Unread 21-01-2021, 11:41 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
This may be your worst footballing opinion, nqat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
What an absolute load of £#%&!ing %@#$&!s
Stand by it.

He looked good in that world-class side of 2007-2009, but even the likes of Anderson and Nani looked like world-beaters in that side. We won the European Cup with Wes Brown at right-back, ffs.

All the shite from that squad was exposed in the years after Tevez and Ronaldo had gone, and Park was one of the many lumps of useless shite that festered the squad in those late Fergie years.

Unread 22-01-2021, 12:45 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Great fitness, pretty dogshit player.....

Gives the ball away a lot and his passing at times is awful...

Seems a nice bloke.
This.

Don't think he's that underrated at all either, seems to get credit when it's due for his work off the ball, but also gets called out for being £#%&!ing horrific on the ball, which he absolutely is.

If he had a bit more about him on the ball then he would be a fantastic player, as it is he's just alright.

Unread 22-01-2021, 02:15 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
This.

Don't think he's that underrated at all either, seems to get credit when it's due for his work off the ball, but also gets called out for being £#%&!ing horrific on the ball, which he absolutely is.

If he had a bit more about him on the ball then he would be a fantastic player, as it is he's just alright.
Skillz

https://www.facebook.com/manchesteru...7592093447684/

Yeh I know it's a compilation but here's Fred showing more skills you say do not exist

Unread 22-01-2021, 02:55 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
Skillz

https://www.facebook.com/manchesteru...7592093447684/

Yeh I know it's a compilation but here's Fred showing more skills you say do not exist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRTW...el=KaiiZoFilms
What skills did I say didn't exist

I said he's shit on the ball, which he is. If I made 94 appearances in Man United's midfield you'd probably be able to get a 10 minute highlight video of my 'skillz' as well. Although I am £#%&!ing brilliant tbf

He's scored 3 goals and got 5 assists in those 94 appearances. I don't expect him to be competing with the all time great midfield goalscorers and creators in English football, but lets not pretend that if he had a bit more about him with the ball at his feet that he'd be putting up better numbers than that, as well as being an all round better player.

Unread 22-01-2021, 03:01 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
. We won the European Cup with Wes Brown at right-back, ffs.

First Park now Wesley?? Is there no player safe from your tyrannical commentary you monster

Unread 25-01-2021, 01:26 AM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
What skills did I say didn't exist

I said he's shit on the ball, which he is. If I made 94 appearances in Man United's midfield you'd probably be able to get a 10 minute highlight video of my 'skillz' as well. Although I am £#%&!ing brilliant tbf

He's scored 3 goals and got 5 assists in those 94 appearances. I don't expect him to be competing with the all time great midfield goalscorers and creators in English football, but lets not pretend that if he had a bit more about him with the ball at his feet that he'd be putting up better numbers than that, as well as being an all round better player.
He's not playing that advanced role so his 'stats' will be worse than someone like Bruno obv

Last two games he's played a key role in two goals that would have been 3 if Cavani's header had gone in.

Leave the opta shit alone and appreciate what he contributes to the team instead

Great cameo and helped stem the tide and turn things around in the middle with Bruno today

Unread 25-01-2021, 01:34 AM
Baron

There are stats that will show how shit his passing is, but you only need eyes & an understanding of the game to know he’s average. Good on his day but average. £50m for average, not good enough. Neither is Matic at £40m+ nor academy McTog. Supplement Bruno& Pogba with a defensive midfielder of their capability & it would be the best in the world.

Unread 25-01-2021, 01:44 AM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
There are stats that will show how shit his passing is, but you only need eyes & an understanding of the game to know he’s average. Good on his day but average. £50m for average, not good enough. Neither is Matic at £40m+ nor academy McTog. Supplement Bruno& Pogba with a defensive midfielder of their capability & it would be the best in the world.
Did you write that 18 months ago ?

It bears no relation on his value to the team today

Won ball back for Bruno to centre and Cavani to score

Played ball to Cavani for the free kick

Chased ball down and passed to Bruno for the Cavani header

Stick to FIFA Pro rankings and your nintendo gameboy

http://www.myfootballgames.co.uk/

Unread 25-01-2021, 01:46 AM
jem

Quote:
two dms.... or a dm and a box-to-box player... sure. we're likely to lose pogba first. be good if he played every game like he did today.

Unread 25-01-2021, 01:54 AM
Baron

Quote:
Did you write that 18 months ago ?

It bears no relation on his value to the team today

Won ball back for Bruno to centre and Cavani to score

Played ball to Cavani for the free kick

Chased ball down and passed to Bruno for the Cavani header

Stick to FIFA Pro rankings and your nintendo gameboy

http://www.myfootballgames.co.uk/
Your standards are too low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
two dms.... or a dm and a box-to-box player... sure. we're likely to lose pogba first. be good if he played every game like he did today.
Well, obviously. But that’s the peak optimism.

Otherwise, Pogba leaves & we buy either a wonderful box to box or a Carrick to sit & we get McTog to go full balls out box to box marauder. I think he could do it.

Unread 25-01-2021, 01:58 AM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Your standards are too low.

No they're not it's just that I don't obsess over Opta stats and prefer to focus on the team dynamics and blend

Unread 25-01-2021, 02:00 AM
Baron

As said, he’s fine but that doesn’t cut it when it comes to the crunch. He’s good. Not good enough. You’ll be back to reference this in 6 weeks.

Unread 25-01-2021, 02:07 AM
rubbernecker

Quote:
As said, he’s fine but that doesn’t cut it when it comes to the crunch. He’s good. Not good enough. You’ll be back to reference this in 6 weeks.
Does not even make sense and flies in the face of the reality of what has actually happened

Fred has been there when the team has been under the cosh and played an important role in our best wins over the last year or so

Try to appreciate his work rate and contributions in playing it to the person that gets on the OPTA list for the assist . It's not all about reverse passes and through balls .It's a team game

Unread 25-01-2021, 06:45 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Does not even make sense and flies in the face of the reality of what has actually happened

Fred has been there when the team has been under the cosh and played an important role in our best wins over the last year or so

Try to appreciate his work rate and contributions in playing it to the person that gets on the OPTA list for the assist . It's not all about reverse passes and through balls .It's a team game
Noone is talking about opta stats you £#%&!ing oddball. Goals and assists are not opta stats, they are just goals and assists ffs.

You saying I can't use his goals and assists, but you're happy to post a 10 minute YouTube highlights video to try and prove you're right

And you say he's not contributed more because he plays deep, not because he's crap on the ball, but The Scottish Player had scored 11 goals in 110 games despite never playing in an advanced midfield position. Again, that's not an opta stat, that's literally just how many goals he's scored while playing for Man United.

Fred is a good player off the ball, but not a good player on it. There's nothing much more to it than that.

Unread 25-01-2021, 07:13 AM
believe

Ftr, a stat I seen this week that blew me away. Keane only scored 33 goals in 12 seasons here.
Closed Thread