United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-01-2022, 09:08 AM
NedKelly

Is he having a go at us because we didn’t let them into the game when we were 2-0 up and shut up shop? Even though we scored again? And then they scored?

@#%&!

Unread 20-01-2022, 11:04 AM
dunk

That wasn’t a dig at DdG btw, he did everything asked of him, I just get the feeling his performance is getting talked up to create the narrative that we’re shit and reliant upon him, and that Brentford were superb and deserved to be ahead. They didn’t, they created 2 clear chances and £#%&!ed them. Tough shit.

Unread 20-01-2022, 11:06 AM
redhegemony

The movement up front was miles better Ronaldo went down both sides and Elanga and Greenwood were very mobile. Given the way they play breaking them down required some patience.

Unread 20-01-2022, 11:10 AM
dunk

Problem we’ve had with Ronaldo (and Cavani) is he drops off looking for the ball because he wants to make something happen, then finds himself in the build up and when we get into the final 3rd there’s been no one attacking the box as whoever is on the wings has opted to hold their position. Happened about 4 times v Villa at OT, ball right over on the left with 3 players stood around it and Greenwood on the touch line on the opposite side with the 18 yard box devoid of red shirts.

Last night Elanga showed a hunger to get in amongst it and attack space in the middle with his runs. Rashford and Greenwood used to do similar but just haven’t recently. Can’t comment on Sancho.

Unread 20-01-2022, 11:22 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
That wasn’t a dig at DdG btw, he did everything asked of him, I just get the feeling his performance is getting talked up to create the narrative that we’re shit and reliant upon him, and that Brentford were superb and deserved to be ahead. They didn’t, they created 2 clear chances and £#%&!ed them. Tough shit.
Should know by now, mate

We’re always reliant on:

Ddg
Bruno
Rooney
Ronaldo
Ruud
Phil Nev
Schmikes
Eric
Robbo
George

Have arse, dippers, Ciddy etc ever been dependent on Ooornree, Suarez, Salah, Aguero etc… nah… @#%&!s

Unread 20-01-2022, 11:28 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Agreed.

Two good chances. One second half. No big deal. I’d expect to concede three chances away from home. And none of them were easy. ‘Good’ chances, but we were far from destroyed or smashed etc

Unread 20-01-2022, 11:28 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Trying to work out what he's actually saying.

"They were lucky to beat us and only did so because they played better than us in the second half and have a 72 million winger who didn't play."

Thought Brentford were okay before this. Small minded @#%&!. Can they still get relegated? This clown and Dean Smith together would be a bonus.

it's the strangest post-match interview since keegan. i can't believe nobody pulled him up on it. weird guy.

Unread 20-01-2022, 11:32 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
The movement up front was miles better Ronaldo went down both sides and Elanga and Greenwood were very mobile. Given the way they play breaking them down required some patience.
Last night didn’t do the ‘Ronaldo is a problem’ narrative any favours. He isn’t and never has been. It’s the forward line as a whole and how we play. We have several effective players and combinations if we play the right way and I don’t think any of them are a problem or weaken us. Flashes of Rashford form last night too. Good to see.

And in simple terms, some of them are just playing better than they have been. Bruno back amongst it, Elanga offering something, The Scottish Player is adding goals to his game and Greenwood finally getting a goal his performances deserve.

Unread 20-01-2022, 11:55 AM
Stickman

Quote:
That’s so true re De Gea. Even his half decent saves are talked up as heroics to create the salty viewpoint if we do get a result we were fortunate.

As an aside I’ve a mate whose a Leeds fan (£#%&! off) and he tells me the Brentford gaffers always been a squid from their championship days.

Unread 20-01-2022, 11:57 AM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth

it's the strangest post-match interview since keegan. i can't believe nobody pulled him up on it. weird guy.
It reminded me of Eric Trump's insane coke-addled rants. Jumped-up no mark #@&%!

Unread 20-01-2022, 12:56 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
That’s so true re De Gea. Even his half decent saves are talked up as heroics to create the salty viewpoint if we do get a result we were fortunate.

As an aside I’ve a mate whose a Leeds fan (£#%&! off) and he tells me the Brentford gaffers always been a squid from their championship days.
Recently the most run of the mill of saves is talked up as being game saving or world class, I’ve been blaming Dave for making the mundane look spectacular unnecessarily, but I’m starting to think it’s all agenda/narrative building.

Unread 20-01-2022, 01:25 PM
92ToBury

Unread 20-01-2022, 01:28 PM
Coracao

I should turn off at half time more often.

Unread 20-01-2022, 01:29 PM
guerreiro

I get we all go into defence mode when an outsider has a dig, but we were utter crap in the first half and very lucky not to be losing.

Really can’t any difference on the pitch between Ole’s time and now. The thing which makes it more palatable is that RR adits he can see we’re crap and calls it, whereas Ole was leaning far too heavily into keeping it behind closed doors.

Unread 20-01-2022, 01:29 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Recently the most run of the mill of saves is talked up as being game saving or world class, I’ve been blaming Dave for making the mundane look spectacular unnecessarily, but I’m starting to think it’s all agenda/narrative building.
The counter narrative to yours?

Unread 20-01-2022, 01:38 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
The counter narrative to yours?
No. Mine remains the same. He’s a shithouse who’s refusal to leave his line and erratic kicking has the defence on tenterhooks. Great at positioning and making reaction saves though.

The counter narrative to mine would be you or saffers who seemingly believe he is the perfect goalkeeper.

The agenda/narrative I described is merely a tool to undermine the team and the manager as a whole.

Unread 20-01-2022, 01:57 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
No. Mine remains the same. He’s a shithouse who’s refusal to leave his line and erratic kicking has the defence on tenterhooks. Great at positioning and making reaction saves though.

The counter narrative to mine would be you or saffers who seemingly believe he is the perfect goalkeeper.

The agenda/narrative I described is merely a tool to undermine the team and the manager as a whole.
He is by no means the 'perfect' goalkeeper but he is a bloody good one and miles ahead of 'Hendo' who is bobbins.

Unread 20-01-2022, 02:01 PM
Coracao

Quote:

Stop telling outright lies

Unread 20-01-2022, 02:03 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Stop telling outright lies
Wish I was

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
He is by no means the 'perfect' goalkeeper but he is a bloody good one and miles ahead of 'Hendo' who is bobbins.
But miles better than Romero

Agreed though.

Unread 20-01-2022, 02:04 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Wish I was
afraid you are.

Shame on you.
Closed Thread