United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-01-2012, 11:24 PM
MUFC_91

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
i'd rather win £#%&! all than take a 'trophy' we qualified for by failing in another one. its the hollowist of victories parred only with the scouse winning the uefa by a golden own goal. (if memory serves, it normally doesn't)
By that logic, I'll take it you don't agree with teams who don't win their domestic league qualifying for the European Cup, thus you didn't celebrate our winning the European Cup in 99?

With the way things are at the moment, we should go for any trophy we can get. It'd also be nice to win the only major trophy we haven't won yet.

Unread 28-01-2012, 11:37 PM
saffers

We should parade it only if we win the league.

Unread 28-01-2012, 11:39 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC_91
By that logic, I'll take it you don't agree with teams who don't win their domestic league qualifying for the European Cup, thus you didn't celebrate our winning the European Cup in 99?

With the way things are at the moment, we should go for any trophy we can get. It'd also be nice to win the only major trophy we haven't won yet.
Hardly a major trophy. It's like the European Johnstone's Paint Trophy

Unread 28-01-2012, 11:42 PM
MUFC_91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bigbollox
While it's certainly lost some of it's prestige over the last 10 years or so, it's still classed as a major trophy. Add to this the fact that it could well be our only chance of silverware this season, and it makes sense to go for it.

Unread 28-01-2012, 11:44 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC_91

initially i didn't want the format of the european cup to change or the qualifying process. we did qualify though and played our way through the biggest teams in europe to win it, from start to finish. so yes celebrating wasn't an issue.
we're dropping into a competition that is 'lesser' than the one we were already in, its just wrong. the likes of fulham deserve to play for a trophy like this by achieving in the league, to have potential heavy weights drop in at a latter stage is just laugable.

its hardly like starting the fa cup campaign from the 3rd round either because all the top clubs start at the same time. give the places to losing cup finalist as a reward for getting there.

Unread 28-01-2012, 11:45 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bigbollox
thats got more credability if you ask me.

you qualify for the europa tin if you come top of the fair play league ffs

from next season...par league winners go straight into the group stage

Unread 28-01-2012, 11:55 PM
MUFC_91

Take no notice of me folks, I just try to be positive even when I know I'm talking shite.

Unread 29-01-2012, 02:45 AM
Neo

I wanna win it.

It's the only competition we've never won.

Unread 29-01-2012, 02:50 AM
denis lawless

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
I wanna win it.

It's the only competition we've never won.
id rather we won Eurovision tbh.....with a song call "bing bing-a-bong".......

less embarrassing

Unread 29-01-2012, 03:01 AM
Stone Monkey

I love you Wonks but pleeeeeeeeease go to bed.

My head hurts
Closed Thread