United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-04-2009, 07:29 PM
wonky no

Default the official darron gibson and other things positive thread

thought he was £#%&!ing brilliant. anderson was quite shite in the first 20mins, sloppy passing and mistimed tackles but i think the assurance gibson gave him helped anderson to grow into the game. maybe anderson was trying to hard, who knows and i don't know who is the older player out of the two either.

Unread 19-04-2009, 07:31 PM
believe

I've come to the conclusion that you are actually schizophrenic.

Unread 19-04-2009, 07:32 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
thought he was £#%&!ing brilliant. anderson was quite shite in the first 20mins, sloppy passing and mistimed tackles but i think the assurance gibson gave him helped anderson to grow into the game. maybe anderson was trying to hard, who knows and i don't know who is the older player out of the two either.
seriously.

i thought gibson was just about 'ok' tbh.

Unread 19-04-2009, 07:33 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I've come to the conclusion that you are actually schizophrenic.
you need to think a hell of lot more before you post.

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
seriously.

i thought gibson was just about 'ok' tbh.
i'm giving you the benifit of the doubt because your posts indicate that you're new to the sport.

Unread 19-04-2009, 07:35 PM
Horst_ Bucholst

positives

we were right to sell saha
wellbeck looks class
another clean sheet
i wouldn't mind phil neville lifting the fa cup

Unread 19-04-2009, 07:37 PM
gbmufc

Gibson would have been better utiliased behind the bar Your pissed admit it?

Unread 19-04-2009, 07:38 PM
Rhodzy

Gibbo has rapey eyes.

Unread 19-04-2009, 07:39 PM
rebelcountyred

positives : nemanja absolutely magnificent in defence today, ferdinand was also very good today, macheda, wellbeck, rafael all played well, gibson's performance was a bit of an eye opener for me, he had a really good game in midfield, seen him previously and he struck me as rather ponderous but today he did really well, worked his socks off too.

Unread 19-04-2009, 07:41 PM
gbmufc

Rapey eyes fantastic. That will add a few points!

Unread 19-04-2009, 07:42 PM
MUFC One Love

Anderson was terrific from start to finish imo. Great to see us back to our best defensively. Plenty of positives today, such a shame to go out in a semi though. Just a bit worried Fergie has got a bit carried away with Europe, the CL will be very hard to win again tbh, the F.A Cup was 1 more game, if we had won we didn't have to worry about it until the last game of the season 'cos it's after the CL final this year.

Unread 19-04-2009, 07:42 PM
gbmufc

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
positives : nemanja absolutely magnificent in defence today, ferdinand was also very good today, macheda, wellbeck, rafael all played well, gibson's performance was a bit of an eye opener for me, he had a really good game in midfield, seen him previously and he struck me as rather ponderous but today he did really well, worked his socks off too.

I thought he was not at the parade to be honest. Are you serious?

Unread 19-04-2009, 07:45 PM
BarryX

The biggest positive for me will be the real pain of defeat. The anger. The hurt.

That should be the spark that lights the fire to Premier League and European Glory, once more.

One Love, brothers.

One Love.

Unread 19-04-2009, 07:51 PM
Ether

Gibson was alright, nothing special imo. I'm not really sure what his best attributes are still, he's not fast, not a great passer, and not that good defensively. He likes a dig though, that's nice to see

Positives were the defence looking solid once again, Macheda and Wellbeck doing pretty well, and Anderson hitting form at just the right time. Also proved his fitness is where it should be, was still making surging runs right into extra time.

Unread 19-04-2009, 07:55 PM
jem

Default er.... are you suggesting we need a positives thread, wonks?

there was very little negative today.

clearly the team selection showed a total disrespect for the opposition and the competition, which we could easily have saved for shite like portsmouth.

but that youth team with a couple of centre backs still totally outplayed everton.

the only real negatives were mike @#%&! riley getting the only big decision (and most of the little ones) wrong - not to mention handing out yellow cards to our lads for nothing and not sending fellaini off.

and berbatov not actually being as good as he is cool when it comes to penalties. howard would have had to have been trying to let him score for that to have gone in.

it seems you don't need luck to win a quintuple, you just need to take every £#%&!ing game seriously.

I don't think we should bother entering the f.a. cup next year, given what has been done to us in the last two years.

Unread 19-04-2009, 07:55 PM
wiganste

The positives outweigh the negatives today.

Everton are difficult to beat at the best of times. We had a team of youths out there today and if it wasn't for Riley bottling the penalty decision, we would have won the game.

Macheda is gonna be a star over the next few years. I thought he played superbly

Unread 19-04-2009, 08:00 PM
irk

gibbo doesn't play it forward much does he?

Unread 19-04-2009, 08:00 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste

Everton are difficult to beat at the best of times. We had a team of youths out there today and if it wasn't for Riley bottling the penalty decision, we would have won the game.

Macheda is gonna be a star over the next few years. I thought he played superbly
agree with all of that.

Unread 19-04-2009, 08:06 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste

i agree, macheda is no flash in the pan. he looks like he's been playing first team football for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
there was very little negative today.

clearly the team selection showed a total disrespect for the opposition and the competition, which we could easily have saved for shite like portsmouth.

but that youth team with a couple of centre backs still totally outplayed everton.

the only real negatives were mike @#%&! riley getting the only big decision (and most of the little ones) wrong - not to mention handing out yellow cards to our lads for nothing and not sending fellaini off.

and berbatov not actually being as good as he is cool when it comes to penalties. howard would have had to have been trying to let him score for that to have gone in.

it seems you don't need luck to win a quintuple, you just need to take every £#%&!ing game seriously.

I don't think we should bother entering the f.a. cup next year, given what has been done to us in the last two years.
if i was going to as deluded and forward as to suggest i could think like fergie, i reckon he thought "these @#%&!s are making us travel down here, disrupting our campaign to be league champions, let alone representing the country in europe and they can't even get the £#%&!ing pitch right"

Unread 19-04-2009, 08:06 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

Yep, 2 years in a row when a ref not having the bottle to give an obvious penalty has hugely contributed to Utd going out.

Fascinating how Beglin tried to convince himself that it was not a pen, give it a couple of days and they will have Wellbeck down as a diver trying to cheat the courageous Everton out of their rightful place in the Cup final.

Unread 19-04-2009, 08:22 PM
Raging Pig

I thought the team that was out there were magnificent.

Just back from the match and seen that @#%&!ing commentators comments about how it's a penalty but not a blatent penalty

Welbeck had a cracking game as did Machida, the futures bright
Closed Thread