United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-04-2019, 09:42 AM
Sparky***

Default Jack Grealish

Should we be interested in him?

Obviously I’m saying this before he £#%&!s off to Spurs and we all ask why we weren’t interested.

Unread 13-04-2019, 09:43 AM
waynes ear's

Absolutely £#%&!ing not.

Unread 13-04-2019, 09:49 AM
silv

I would’ve thought he would make you irrationally angry

Seems the sort

Unread 13-04-2019, 09:55 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
I would’ve thought he would make you irrationally angry

Seems the sort
A human?

Cranking goal he scored the other night.

Unread 13-04-2019, 09:58 AM
TheFatGoth

Worth a cheap punt after a good season, but Villa will want silly money for him.

Unread 13-04-2019, 09:59 AM
barca99

Declan Rice now this guy

Yep they will help close the gap

Unread 13-04-2019, 10:01 AM
Baron

Spurs refused to pay £45m last summer, he scores a couple of worldies in the last few weeks and Villa are in contention - would be a ridiculous fee for someone out of the championship when that Partey (different position of course) is available from Atleti for the same money.

Still, the volley from the corner was genuinely beautiful.

Unread 13-04-2019, 10:07 AM
Mr_Ed

No

Unread 13-04-2019, 10:22 AM
Sparky***

I would argue he's shown more about him than someone like Sancho who we're talking about spending 80m on.

Unread 13-04-2019, 10:28 AM
waynes ear's

To be clear, massive preening #@&%! who is absolutely at his level in the championship. Signing him would be a £#%&!ing joke

Unread 13-04-2019, 10:45 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Should we be interested in him?

Obviously I’m saying this before he £#%&!s off to Spurs and we all ask why we weren’t interested.
You drone on and on about the shortcomings of the club, (some justified) but the majority of the time its doom and gloom over the players the manager etc. We are manchester united we should be doing better!.. Now youre suggesting they sign a player based on his performances in the championship

Unread 13-04-2019, 10:51 AM
puressence

maddison and brooks are better. And tielmans is better than all 3 and gettable

Unread 13-04-2019, 12:27 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
I would argue he's shown more about him than someone like Sancho who we're talking about spending 80m on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc4jhjnaLeo

Would you though, or are you just bored?

Unread 13-04-2019, 12:42 PM
Arnold Muhren

Grealish, Rice Pep and ZZ will be shitting themselves.

Unread 13-04-2019, 01:07 PM
Neo

Thumbs down

Used to work with a lad that knew Grealish. Told me years ago that unless he changed his attitude he'd never live up to the hype - was regularly on the piss, sleeping around, sniffing.

Steer well clear. May end up having a career at a mid-table Prem club, but will never, ever be an elite player.

Unread 13-04-2019, 01:12 PM
nick henry

Jarrod Bowen is the best player in the Championship. Likely to be off to Spurs in the Summer though.

Unread 13-04-2019, 02:08 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Used to work with a lad that knew Grealish. Told me years ago that unless he changed his attitude he'd never live up to the hype - was regularly on the piss, sleeping around, sniffing.

Steer well clear. May end up having a career at a mid-table Prem club, but will never, ever be an elite player.
Fair enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Would you though, or are you just bored?
I would.

Unread 13-04-2019, 02:12 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Fair enough.

I would.
Fair enough .

Never seen anything to get excited about whenever I've seen him for Villa in the Prem or Championship.

A good premier league player at best.

Unread 13-04-2019, 02:23 PM
Neo

Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Fair enough .

Never seen anything to get excited about whenever I've seen him for Villa in the Prem or Championship.

A good premier league player at best.
He's a very talented lad, far more talented than someone like Lingard, for example. Great touch, balance, can run with the ball at players through the middle of the pitch, and is also a good finisher.

His problem has always been attitude and application. Talent is not enough at the top level, which is why he is not someone I want United to be looking at.

If he gets promoted with Villa, or goes to another Premier League club, he'll be worth keeping an eye on to see if he matures, but he's not ready for a club like United yet.

Unread 13-04-2019, 02:26 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
He's a very talented lad, far more talented than someone like Lingard, for example. Great touch, balance, can run with the ball at players through the middle of the pitch, and is also a good finisher.

His problem has always been attitude and application. Talent is not enough at the top level, which is why he is not someone I want United to be looking at.

If he gets promoted with Villa, or goes to another Premier League club, he'll be worth keeping an eye on to see if he matures, but he's not ready for a club like United yet.
Fair enough. Perhaps I've just seen him on 'meh' days.

He seems tidy on the ball, composed, but I've never seem anything to suggest a special talent or enough to bridge the gap between relegation premier league/championship side and a side with top four or title aspirations.

Be interesting to see how he does if he gets a bigger move. Seems like someone that would go to Everton.
Closed Thread