United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-10-2020, 09:30 PM
barca99

Might come in January if we are 15 points or so off 4th, take the heat off.

Unread 05-10-2020, 09:31 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Might come in January if we are 15 points or so off 4th, take the heat off.
He’ll never accept another call from United if he’s got his head screwed on. I bet his agent has blocked Woodward’s number.

Unread 05-10-2020, 09:33 PM
Patty_b

Not even bothered after the way this dragged on, got boring after the first couple of weeks. He would've been shit anyway, our big money signings always are.

Burn the thread and try to forget this shit show ever happened.

Unread 05-10-2020, 10:30 PM
Neo

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Free shot at a talent of this magnitude. It's outstanding how far we've fallen. Really something.
It’s staggering ineptitude.

Can’t think of many times a player like this, who was so fitting of the profile of player we’re looking for, who was available, and with zero competition from other clubs.

If he has another top season, which he clearly will given his ability, then United won’t get a sniff now. Same with Haaland and Bellingham. They’ll all end up moving to top clubs who are challenging for the biggest trophies, whilst we look at replacing Cavani in 2 years.

Unread 05-10-2020, 10:37 PM
dunk

Liverpool bound next summer according to the mirror

Unread 05-10-2020, 10:41 PM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Explains it.

Salah/Mane replacement perhaps.

Lets face it if ANY other top team came in for him he would pick them.

Unread 05-10-2020, 10:41 PM
AK14

Quote:
Wouldn’t be at all surprised tbh

But I’m thinking City or Madrid.

Unread 05-10-2020, 10:43 PM
BarryX

Glazers out

Unread 05-10-2020, 10:55 PM
Ronny

It’s Woodward, he’s the culprit here.
He thinks he’s too clever and clicks on social media equals success.
Pressure must be on him, the Glazers are too far removed from the club to notice we are being broken.

Unread 05-10-2020, 10:57 PM
Sparky***

Well i for one am shocked our notoriously incompetent and frugal club didn't spend 100m+ on one player during a global pandemic after haemorrhaging cash since March.

Shocked.

Unread 05-10-2020, 11:08 PM
utd99

Unread 05-10-2020, 11:37 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

You'd have to be pretty stupid to come to us now if you have ambition to win things beyond second tier cup competitions

Unread 06-10-2020, 07:13 AM
windy waffles

Said it before - meh.

Worst transfer 'saga' ever.

Unread 06-10-2020, 09:00 AM
Zorg

If The Athletic have it right, Dortmund demanded a deal worth up to €250 million including all add-ons, fees etc.
They just didn’t want to sell unless it was astronomical, and United mistakenly thought they’d cave in.

They also reckon United offered Sancho lower wages than he’s on now

And this

Quote:
United did ask Bayer Leverkusen for Kai Havertz in January but were put off by the €100 million fee and never made a follow-up call this summer, clearing the path to Chelsea.

Unread 06-10-2020, 09:03 AM
believe

I don't think we'll get him.

Unread 06-10-2020, 09:13 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I don't think we'll get him.
Not now we've got Dembele, no.

Unread 06-10-2020, 09:28 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
If The Athletic have it right, Dortmund demanded a deal worth up to €250 million including all add-ons, fees etc.
They just didn’t want to sell unless it was astronomical, and United mistakenly thought they’d cave in.

And this
Havertz looks shit so far anyway so bullet dodged...

Unread 06-10-2020, 09:33 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg

And this
I've got no issue with United walking away from the Sancho deal at €108m, nevermind €250m ffs. I can even live with them sidestepping Havertz, though I think he'll end up a great signing for Chelsea, on the grounds that he isn't a natural winger, which is what we required, nor does he fill any of the other gaps.

What I can't forgive is pissing about for 3 long months+ waiting in the hope that the situation would change and not prioritising other players capable of playing RW that aren't fresh off the teat and unlikely to play for the first team for years.

IF, and it's a big one, they couldn't find an attacker or two worth a signing, why the £#%&! weren't they identifiying/negotiating for other problem areas such as Left Sided CB (Gabriel, Ake, Upamecano, Torres etc. What happened to all of those names, did we just opt not to bother?) or a CDM, there must be 1 out there worth a punt that isn't going to be as static and old as Matic?

It's absolutely £#%&!ing shocking.

Unread 06-10-2020, 09:37 AM
BarryX

Quote:
What I can't forgive is pissing about for 3 long months+ waiting in the hope that the situation would change and not prioritising other players capable of playing RW that aren't fresh off the teet.

And the fact that 4 of the 5 players we have bought, were done so three games into the season is also unforgivable.

Unread 06-10-2020, 09:40 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX

And the fact that 4 of the 5 players we have bought, were done so three games into the season is also unforgivable.
Signing 4 players on deadline day is disgusting tbh. 1 or 2 due to brinkmanship or late opportunity or even because the selling club is securing a replacement, ok, bit 4? 1 of whom was free, 1 we've paid a release fee for? Get £#%&!ed.

United started making calls for actual transfers on Sunday night I reckon.

If it weren't for VdS this window would be a complete bust. He's done a better job for us as DoF this summer than Woodward and he works for another £#%&!ing club
Closed Thread