United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-09-2020, 11:23 PM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Finding it really hard to be bothered for this tbh. And that's not me being a f***ing doomlord either...

it's just it still doesn't feel right, playing in empty grounds, the constant threat of covid getting games postponed, weird fixtures, no pre-season...

it just feels not real and not right.
That feeling is helped by the fact that we are shit.

Wait while we drop points to Brighton.

My interest level will be zero come Christmas.

Unread 24-09-2020, 11:57 PM
Cream

Didn’t know we were playing the other night and don’t know when we play next.

Unread 25-09-2020, 03:54 AM
Patty_b

I don't think the general mood has been helped by the absolute shit we saw last week. If we tore Palace to shreds and it looked as though this season might be a success then it might be different.

As it is, we're doing the exact same thing we've done before, the squad seems to be regressing and club hierarchy are £#%&!ing over everyone with their reluctance to strengthen when we need to.

Add that to the fact that there's no fans, fixtures are all over the place and being played at a relentless level, then it's just shit. Really £#%&!ing shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
He could always close his eyes for 10 seconds before KO. That way he can watch united and stick it to racial inequality message the teams want to bring light upon.
Yeah, but what colour do you see when you close your eyes? I think that would be a major issue for Pancho.

Unread 25-09-2020, 08:16 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Finding it really hard to be bothered for this tbh. And that's not me being a £#%&!ing doomlord either...

it's just it still doesn't feel right, playing in empty grounds, the constant threat of covid getting games postponed, weird fixtures, no pre-season...

it just feels not real and not right.
Agreed.

Like the restart, it seems like a cynical rushed job.

If they finished last season and just said 'right, we're done now til this is all sorted', the players would be rested, the fans could return and football would have its actual role of something to be enjoyed, simple life pleasure.

But oh no, far too much money at stake for that. So we'll rush players back, take all the glamour out of cup ties, cram all the fixtures together, start everyone at different times.

All the time pretending it's just as good.

The 'spirit' of it is awful.

I'll still be watching tomorrow though.

Unread 25-09-2020, 08:38 AM
Wilkins75

I'm agreeing with a lot of people on this thread,the pure unadulterated pleasure of the match and everything that goes with it just isn't there.I find myself looking at the empty seats and all the flags,cardboard cutouts and shit more than the action on the pitch.I'll take it though rather than nothing but that's just because i like a flutter at the weekend to be honest.

Unread 25-09-2020, 08:44 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilkins75
I'm agreeing with a lot of people on this thread,the pure unadulterated pleasure of the match and everything that goes with it just isn't there.I find myself looking at the empty seats and all the flags,cardboard cutouts and shit more than the action on the pitch.I'll take it though rather than nothing but that's just because i like a flutter at the weekend to be honest.
Yeah, better than now and the greedy consumer in me will take it, but the longer it's gone on and the more used to it we become, it's easy to forget that it's still shit.

Luton game hit home. Those kinds of fixtures are for the fans. What's the point of the glamour tie with United if you can't £#%&!ing go?

Unread 25-09-2020, 09:15 AM
NedKelly

No interest. I’m still watching the games but it’s background noise for the most part now. I will always support Utd, and more than likely force myself to watch 90% of the games, but it doesn’t feel the same at all. Even among my mates it seems to be a bit of a dead topic, where a year ago you could easily have a mini-argument about respective teams etc. Now everyone is all “I didn’t even know the game was on”.

Unread 25-09-2020, 10:20 AM
Wilkins75

United at Anfield will be the starkest reminder.Always get the butterflies with that one,seeing the Red Army buzzin' away in that corner of the Anfield Road.

Unread 25-09-2020, 10:26 AM
believe

I’m also surprised not has been made about the number of goals scored. In matchweek 2 () the first full 20 team fixtures, there were 44 goals scored, which without checking or being certain is possibly the highest scoring week in the history of the league.

I can see plenty more weeks like it too and wouldn’t be surprised to see plenty of games finishing 5-4 etc because there is no way players are giving anywhere near 100% in this situation.

Unread 25-09-2020, 10:37 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I’m also surprised not has been made about the number of goals scored. In matchweek 2 () the first full 20 team fixtures, there were 44 goals scored, which without checking or being certain is possibly the highest scoring week in the history of the league.

I can see plenty more weeks like it too and wouldn’t be surprised to see plenty of games finishing 5-4 etc because there is no way players are giving anywhere near 100% in this situation.
Was talking about this to someone the other day. The low intensity is affecting players, both in terms of the stakes not being as high, but also the fact everyone seems more relaxed.

We're seeing shit players rifling in brilliant finishes because that pressure just isnt there.

It's training ground stuff.

I reckon Palace would have shit themselves if there was a crowd and we pulled that goal back last week.

Unread 25-09-2020, 10:50 AM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe

Good point.

Every goal should be revised down worth to 0.75 goals.

Nice goals (opinion of the TV anchor) get 0.8

Unread 25-09-2020, 12:13 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Was talking about this to someone the other day. The low intensity is affecting players, both in terms of the stakes not being as high, but also the fact everyone seems more relaxed.

We're seeing shit players rifling in brilliant finishes because that pressure just isnt there.

It's training ground stuff.

I reckon Palace would have shit themselves if there was a crowd and we pulled that goal back last week.
Tbf last season when we scored late to get back in the game against Palace at home, they immediately went back up the other end of the pitch and scored again.

Unread 25-09-2020, 12:18 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Tbf last season when we scored late to get back in the game against Palace at home, they immediately went back up the other end of the pitch and scored again.
True

Unread 25-09-2020, 12:28 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

Even Darren Fletcher wouldn't shit himself against our team.

Unread 25-09-2020, 07:23 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
I don't think the general mood has been helped by the absolute shit we saw last week. If we tore Palace to shreds and it looked as though this season might be a success then it might be different
That would certainly help, a bit. But the novelty of "covid football" has now well and truly worn off - and the return of *any* fans being delayed indefinitely is a real body blow.
Closed Thread