United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 20-09-2020, 03:17 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Not having it. Not this season. Ole may have decided to roll the dice on CL qualification by using the same starting 11 too frequently to end last season, but if he doesn’t find a way to use the whole squad and keep them fresh this time round then it’s just bad management.
The majority of our squad is shit mate, he tried to use the squad yesterday and we saw what happens. It's a lose - lose situation.

Use our whole squad, drop points/get knocked out of cups = "shit management".

Over use our best starting 11 (which isn't even good enough anyway) = "shit management"

We need players and we ain't going to get them. If we don't improve the squad, the squad will never be good enough. Same shit, different manager.

Unread 20-09-2020, 03:20 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
The majority of our squad is shit mate, he tried to use the squad yesterday and we saw what happens. It's a lose - lose situation.

Over use our best starting 11 (which isn't even good enough anyway) = "shit management"

We need players and we ain't going to get them. If we don't improve the squad, the squad will never be good enough. Same shit, different manager.
In a nutshell.

Unread 20-09-2020, 03:26 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

Yep.

We saw it last season against Chelsea. Something had to give and we had rely on squad members.

It doesn't make him immune to criticism, but when the main thing he has to decide is whether to drop a good player for one you know will likely let you down, it doesn't bode well.

Did anyone seriously expect anything from The Scottish Player, TFM and James yesterday? Was it anyway surprising that they were shit. Or that Pogba was shit. Or that Lindelof got bullied. Or that Shaw fell asleep.

And these are all areas where the alternative squad options are just as bad.

He's aware of it. It's why we're after Sancho and a left back. I'm sure a CB and more options in midfield will be next too.

If we're going to drag out transfers the way we do, then that'll take another 3-4 windows to sort. Before which, the team will suffer, he'll be sacked and back round we go.

Unread 20-09-2020, 03:29 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Yep.

We saw it last season against Chelsea. Something had to give and we had rely on squad members.

It doesn't make him immune to criticism, but when the main thing he has to decide is whether to drop a good player for one you know will likely let you down, it doesn't bode well.

Did anyone seriously expect anything from The Scottish Player, TFM and James yesterday? Was it anyway surprising that they were shit. Or that Pogba was shit. Or that Lindelof got bullied. Or that Shaw fell asleep.

And these are all areas where the alternative squad options are just as bad.

He's aware of it. It's why we're after Sancho and a left back. I'm sure a CB and more options in midfield will be next too.

If we're going to drag out transfers the way we do, then that'll take another 3-4 windows to sort. Before which, the team will suffer, he'll be sacked and back round we go.
Some of us said it was a bad side prior to kick off, tbf.

Unread 20-09-2020, 03:32 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
You did tbf and they were far worse than I expected. I'm not about to defend that call or that team after yesterday.

They're capable of doing more, but they didnt and they were shocking to a man.

The lack of prep is enough for us to be rusty, but not that level of ineptitude.

Crystal Palace screwed up several counter attacks with 2 on 2 and 3 on 3. It's no exaggeration to say they should have scored 5 or 6.

We created 2 chances, 1 of which we took.

It was an absolute horror show.

Unread 20-09-2020, 03:34 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
It was, but how many players had he changed from what would be a preferred starting 11? Two? Three at a push.

If the squad can't accommodate that then the issue goes far beyond Ole. We're proper £#%&!ed if that's us this season. We're either going to get knocked out of the Champions league in the group stages, or almost guaranteed to drop points the game after each Champions League match.

£#%&!ed.

Unread 20-09-2020, 03:36 PM
Coracao

Quote:
It was, but how many players had he changed from what would be a preferred starting 11? Two? Three at a push.

If the squad can't accommodate that then the issue goes far beyond Ole. We're proper £#%&!ed if that's us this season. We're either going to get knocked out of the Champions league in the group stages, or almost guaranteed to drop points the game after each Champions League match.

£#%&!ed.
https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showp...3&postcount=25

Unread 20-09-2020, 07:43 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Good job Chelsea look £#%&!ed after no proper pre season.

Oh wait, they added 4-5 quality names to their squad.
Might have waited until after today's game before posting that

Unread 20-09-2020, 09:29 PM
barca99

Heard he wanted to go back to Ajax after his first training session. After his first game hes set off walking.

Unread 20-09-2020, 10:46 PM
AK14

Quote:

Should still be good enough to beat Crystal Palace at home though tbf

Or at least not look utter garbage for 90 minutes.

Unread 20-09-2020, 10:59 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Heard he wanted to go back to Ajax after his first training session. After his first game hes set off walking.
I genuinely don't know if you're joking or not.

Strange times when you're actually feeling sorry for a young talented footballer joining this shit show of a club.

Unread 20-09-2020, 11:22 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
I genuinely don't know if you're joking or not.

Strange times when you're actually feeling sorry for a young talented footballer joining this shit show of a club.
He was almost certainly promised he wouldn't be our only signing this summer.

Unread 21-09-2020, 08:15 AM
barca99

Deserves better tbf, as does Bruno.

Martial may think enoughs enough if he bags another 20+. Thank £#%&! Greenwood is English he may stay a while.

Others can all get to £#%&!.

Unread 21-09-2020, 09:57 AM
Jethro

Quote:

Unread 21-09-2020, 10:12 AM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
You may joke (I hope) but you wonder when someone has come from a club where they do things right and have done for a long time, where they probably have a training set up that runs thoughout the clubs from the under 11s and upwards and then they turn up at ours where we've chopped and changed and he's texting his mates after the first training session in amazement at how amateur everything is and he probably can't even get any hot water in the showers due to Glazer cutbacks.

Unread 21-09-2020, 11:34 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro

Never gets old.

Unread 21-09-2020, 12:03 PM
Vedder

Needs to start ahead of Pogba

Unread 21-09-2020, 12:12 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
My first match for the club and then you want to win,' Van de Beek said. 'It doesn't matter how you want to win.

'I'm really disappointed that we lose 3-1 at home. I think it's really bad.

'Yeah (we did not have as much match sharpness as Palace) but last week in training we did really well.

'We trained good, so my feeling was really positive. But, yeah, today we played too slowly.

'We went too long with the ball and I think against an opponent like Crystal Palace you need to speed up the game to create something. That was not good enough.'

Not only was Van de Beek candid in his assessment but the Holland international clearly took no consolation in netting on his debut.

'To play for all the fans in stadiums like this it's more nice to score,' he said.

'But still I scored but we lose and this is the most important thing, that we win.

'We lose but it's always really nice to play for a club like this.

I made my first game and I hope to help the team and next time that we win, for sure.'

'I mean, next week we need to step up and we need to win,' Van de Beek told MUTV. 'Also for our feeling, we need to step up now.'
Make him player-manager.

Unread 25-09-2020, 02:34 PM
bosskeano

“We’ve got Scott The Scottish Player, Fred who can do that holding role. Then you’ve got Pogba.

“I thought Paul started off poor even though he finished the season really strong. Maybe it is just a matter of time for the lads to get going. But the last thing you want is playing catch up to Liverpool.

“Pogba, Fernandes and Van de Beek, can you get the three of them in the team? Only time will tell.”

Robson is also of the opinion that United need to further bolster their ranks before the summer transfer market closes for business on October 5.

Van de Beek remains the only addition for now, with the Red Devils struggling to get deals over the line when it comes to long-running pursuits of attacking and defensive reinforcements.

Robson added, with Solskjaer’s side being tipped to mount a title challenge if they can repeat their success of recent windows: “We saw what Fernandes did to the club.

“He energised them and he was a real bonus when he came in. That is one player and he got the best out of other players.

“Another couple of top-drawer players in our team and I really believe we can challenge Liverpool and Man City.”

https://talksport.com/football/76479...i-van-de-beek/

Unread 25-09-2020, 07:10 PM
utd99

Love Robbo I bet he could still put in a shift.