United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-09-2020, 02:30 PM
Bunker Buster

Default This Season.

With no hope of fans returning anytime before Xmas what's the £#%&!ing point ?

I enjoyed the games up to a point as something to watch and take my mind off things....

With Germany getting fans back and the talk of a "planned return" now scrapped it's just all so £#%&!ing pointless...

Luton V United

Great.

Unread 22-09-2020, 02:34 PM
suedeshoes

France have had a partial return of fans but I've read that they're going to change that now.

But, besides that..agreed. The novelty of watching loads of games on TV has waned and it's just boring. I watched 10 minutes of the city game last night. Probably be a game I'd get into usually but it's just nothing is it?

Unread 22-09-2020, 02:36 PM
Bunker Buster

Oh it's worn off alright, watched United without crowd noise and it was utterly depressing, it's not the same for the players either ..

Really missing the whole Saturday experience...

Unread 22-09-2020, 02:36 PM
Dr Stranger

I've got used to it after initially hating it. I watched that first game back v Spurs and thought I couldn't get used to it.

Now, it's better, but its still not the same. I think defeats bring it home more too. Saturday felt absolutely shite.

Crap performance, no intensity, no fans there. Just felt like an empty experience.

As you say, what's the point?

We finished last season. I get why they needed to do that

If they abandoned this season tomorrow and said we'll be back when fans can come back and enjoy it, would anyone even be arsed?

Players would be fit, rested and fresh and Carragher can touch Henry's knee again.

Unread 22-09-2020, 02:37 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I've got used to it after initially hating it. I watched that first game back v Spurs and thought I couldn't get used to it.

Now, it's better, but its still not the same. I think defeats bring it home more too. Saturday felt absolutely shite.

Crap performance, no intensity, no fans there. Just felt like an empty experience.

As you say, what's the point?

We finished last season. I get why they needed to do that

If they abandoned this season tomorrow and said we'll be back when fans can come back and enjoy it, would anyone even be arsed?
I suppose teams doing well probably would

Unread 22-09-2020, 02:38 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
I suppose teams doing well probably would
2 games in. They'll get over it.

Unread 22-09-2020, 02:39 PM
no fun

One viewpoint is that football is the opiate of the masses, and by going ahead with the season it gives the lumpen proletariat something to talk about and it deflects from current affairs

Unread 22-09-2020, 02:41 PM
est.1878

Play it out on fifa with club captains

Unread 22-09-2020, 02:42 PM
suedeshoes

There's truth in what no fun says but it basically confirms what we know. TV owns football and it will do what it wants with it.

Unread 22-09-2020, 02:45 PM
MUFC One Love

Its defo wearing off. And that's nowt to do with the result against Palace. I'm noticing it watching other teams, with no fans its affecting the games.

Spending will stop now too. Now way will Utd spend big money on a player.

Unread 22-09-2020, 02:46 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
There's truth in what no fun says but it basically confirms what we know. TV owns football and it will do what it wants with it.
True

Money talks...in fact it’s giving orders, and we can’t afford to miss a word

Unread 22-09-2020, 02:47 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Yep.

Too much depends on the wheels keeping turning.

Unread 22-09-2020, 02:49 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Play it out on fifa with club captains
Made me laugh more than it should have.

Unread 22-09-2020, 02:50 PM
dunk

It's just shit without fans tbh.

Unread 22-09-2020, 02:51 PM
goldfinger II

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
One viewpoint is that football is the opiate of the masses, and by going ahead with the season it gives the lumpen proletariat something to talk about and it deflects from current affairs
Definitely a factor, I reckon. I'd much rather have it than not - the choice between having football or not having it, is an easy one in almost any circumstance.

Aside from the entertainment aspect, it's better for our players to be playing games than twiddling their thumbs.

Just wish they could've arranged it so that clubs could have had the chance to have a decent summer break and pre-season. The weird lack of fitness/sharpness for all the premierhsip teams was one of the things that diminished the end of last season, IMO. That couldn't be helped, nor could the lack of atmosphere, but I think more could have been done to allow the players go into this new season physically prepared to perform at their highest levels.

Unread 22-09-2020, 03:04 PM
est.1878

Robotic dolls chanting profanities by 2021 twici

Unread 22-09-2020, 03:07 PM
Chorlton74

only positive to this,

Leeds fans don't get to see them play in the prem after a 16 year wait and they get relegated.

anybody apart from the dippers are crowned champions, before fans return, thus ensuring any parading by the dippers of the pl trophy would look pretty tragic and spazzy. imagine waiting 30 years and never getting to see them do it.

Unread 22-09-2020, 03:31 PM
ryanMUFC

What’s the point? Entertainment.

At a time when it is quite easy to lose your head, it’s something that’s there if you want it.

Unread 22-09-2020, 03:35 PM
Drexl

Tell you what though: our lack of signings could turn out to be a masterstoke

Unread 22-09-2020, 03:38 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
Tell you what though: our lack of signings could turn out to be a masterstoke
Closed Thread