United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 29-06-2023, 11:33 AM
BigJim

Default GONcalo Ramos

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...Rui-Costa.html

This kid just oozes 'red'.

Would Ramos, Onana and Mount represent a good window?

How about if Hojlund was added to that mix, at about an average of 60m per player, but no CB brought in?

Or would we continue to be a shambles no matter what?

Discuss.

Unread 29-06-2023, 11:46 AM
Ethers

If we can get him for £60m-ish that’s a very good deal imo.

From what I’ve seen of his goals last season, almost all of them seem to come in or around the 6-yard box, which is exactly what we’ve been missing.

Unread 29-06-2023, 11:49 AM
dunk

I wonder if they’ll move for this lad and Hojlund late in the window once it’s certain they can’t get Kane and finances/takeover issues are a bit clearer tbh.

Just get the feeling they’re reluctant to commit on a striker until they definitely know they can’t have Kane, regardless of briefs.

Unread 29-06-2023, 11:50 AM
Baron

Benfica were heavily linked to Alex Telles the other day as well, chuck him in for free & pay the asking price. The lad looks like he has all the tools to be a success here.

Not sure on his pace, is he rapid? Would be my only concern.

Unread 29-06-2023, 12:03 PM
Ethers

He’s fast, but you wouldn’t say he’s got blistering pace. He’s not going to be bursting past defenders with the ball at his feet anyway.

He’s no slouch though, and very good at getting to everything in and around the box before anyone else.

Unread 29-06-2023, 12:29 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I wonder if they’ll move for this lad and Hojlund late in the window once it’s certain they can’t get Kane and finances/takeover issues are a bit clearer tbh.

Just get the feeling they’re reluctant to commit on a striker until they definitely know they can’t have Kane, regardless of briefs.
It definitely feels like we're leaving centre forward to last to see what funds we'll have after the midfield and goalkeeper signings and potential departures

Unread 29-06-2023, 12:45 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
He’s fast, but you wouldn’t say he’s got blistering pace. He’s not going to be bursting past defenders with the ball at his feet anyway.

He’s no slouch though, and very good at getting to everything in and around the box before anyone else.

Being able to anticipate & have spatial awareness is obviously important, Kane isn't blistering but you need to not be a lummox basically. He looked mobile enough at the World Cup, am sure he's got a lot to give. Didn't exactly look phased when he replaced Ronnie in the line up & bagged a hat-trick.

Unread 29-06-2023, 12:54 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

Sounds about right tbf

Unread 29-06-2023, 01:02 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

This. Been desperately lacking.

Tap ins: the most underrated gift in football.

Unread 29-06-2023, 01:14 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

just seen he wears 88, so, basically a neo-nazi.

Unread 29-06-2023, 01:39 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
just seen he wears 88, so, basically a neo-nazi.
ETH sure does love a daft racist.

Unread 29-06-2023, 01:57 PM
marlo

Has he at any point player in the Dutch league?

Unread 29-06-2023, 02:02 PM
BigJim

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
Has he at any point player in the Dutch league?
Not sure; why don't you bell Jorge Mendes and ask? I'm sure you have his number.

Unread 29-06-2023, 02:25 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJim
Not sure; why don't you bell Jorge Mendes and ask? I'm sure you have his number.
Why is everything a personal attack, like why are you trying to get personal and poke fun at my job.
my job has made me rich…what about you?

When you dig deeper it’s bit crazy and I’d be called tacky if i say anything back.
I’m just minding my own business, mind yours and get your ££££ up. Love you!

Unread 30-06-2023, 11:01 AM
BigJim

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
Why is everything a personal attack, like why are you trying to get personal and poke fun at my job.
my job has made me rich…what about you?

When you dig deeper it’s bit crazy and I’d be called tacky if i say anything back.
I’m just minding my own business, mind yours and get your ££££ up. Love you!
What, you mean like you calling Dunk an "office worker"?

Besides, I'm not poking fun at the job, I'm poking fun at the lies.

Unread 30-06-2023, 06:17 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron

Being able to anticipate & have spatial awareness is obviously important, Kane isn't blistering but you need to not be a lummox basically. He looked mobile enough at the World Cup, am sure he's got a lot to give. Didn't exactly look phased when he replaced Ronnie in the line up & bagged a hat-trick.

Unread 03-08-2023, 11:01 AM
Coracao

Looks like he is going to PSG.

Unread 22-01-2024, 06:04 AM
Coracao

Being linked with a move away already. Bit of a disaster.

Unread 22-01-2024, 06:20 AM
shenwen

was never fully convinced by him but he would be a very interesting loan option.

Unread 22-01-2024, 10:08 AM
Ethers

PSG was an awful move for him.