United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 27-04-2020, 07:46 PM
Pancho77

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Maybe the United player my dad disliked more than any other, strangely perhaps he was always a Lingard fan tho.
Lingard started off and a looked a prospect for a bit then disappeared up his own arse mate

Unread 29-05-2020, 02:03 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
"My mind wasn't there, I wasn't really pushing myself," Lingard said on Instagram. "It felt like it wasn't me. You feel like when you watch yourself you're like 'that's not Jesse.'

"I know who I am and my family know who I am, I know how I play and, like I say, I didn't really push myself last season.

"For me it's like a fresh start when we restart the season and I wanted to start off flying. I feel good with my fitness and feel good mentally, which is really important.

"Last year, I wasn't really with it. I wasn't really at it last year. A lot of things played a part but now everything is sorted off the pitch. Now I can enjoy football and I can't wait to get back."
https://www.espn.co.uk/football/manc...nd-wasnt-there

In the £#%&!ing bin you little @#%&!

Unread 29-05-2020, 02:12 PM
goldfinger II

"I didn't really push myself last season" is a fairly damning statement.

Unread 29-05-2020, 02:33 PM
Bunker Buster

One last chance ?

Unread 29-05-2020, 02:34 PM
silv

couldnt be bothered, eh?

Unread 29-05-2020, 02:34 PM
Ethers

Could be like a new signing.

Unread 29-05-2020, 02:42 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
One last chance ?
£#%&! him

Unread 29-05-2020, 05:26 PM
red in cumbria

Where is utd99ers, normally on this stuff like a moth to a flame

Unread 29-05-2020, 07:59 PM
Pancho77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
One last chance ?
No way mate

Hes never been good enough for United if he had a better attitude hey may have made up for it a bit but hes an odious little @#%&! who unsettled Rashford. Reminds me of Kieron Richardson and I cant really give him a bigger insult than that

Unread 29-05-2020, 08:18 PM
My Name is Heath

Best stats in training I think.

Relaaaaaax lads.

Jesse will come good.

Unread 29-05-2020, 08:55 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger II
"I didn't really push myself last season" is a fairly damning statement.
And the 5 years prior to that? Useless £#%&!ing weasel.

Unread 29-05-2020, 09:23 PM
utd99

Oh £#%&!ing hell, the van Gaal crowd have cottoned onto Lingard now.

Unread 30-05-2020, 02:02 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Looked his normal self to me.

Unread 30-05-2020, 09:13 AM
utd99

He’s like the professional footballer equivalent of Julie from HR who needs everyone to be understanding because her boyfriend just broke up with her.

Yeah Jess it’s a sad story, now go tell it to Eddie Howe you £#%&!ing little hobgoblin.

Unread 01-07-2020, 06:29 AM
Mr_Ed

Who? VVG2C...

Send him and Jones off to the nationwide league (probably Leeds if they come up).

Unread 01-07-2020, 06:41 AM
Patty_b

Is it just me, or does he seem to get some sort of protection from pundits whenever they talk about him?

He only has to do one thing of half decent quality in a match and it seems he can just live of it for a while. He was abject shite against Norwich, but because he managed to show some quick feet before shanking an effort into row Z, he gets let off for being shite 99.9% of the time.

He seems to have a natural gift in finding space on a football pitch, but he's so shit that he runs out of it before anyone can find with a pass.

£#%&! him. It'd be worth the money just terminating his contract.

Unread 01-07-2020, 09:50 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Is it just me, or does he seem to get some sort of protection from pundits whenever they talk about him?

He only has to do one thing of half decent quality in a match and it seems he can just live of it for a while. He was abject shite against Norwich, but because he managed to show some quick feet before shanking an effort into row Z, he gets let off for being shite 99.9% of the time.

He seems to have a natural gift in finding space on a football pitch, but he's so shit that he runs out of it before anyone can find with a pass.

f*** him. It'd be worth the money just terminating his contract.
Yes. Because he's English.

Only need to compare the reception of Pogba's 'antics' in the media.

They still call Lingard young. He's 28.

The fact of the matter is that Lingard was never a massively talented player, but was a decent squad option as he could chip in with a goal here and there, was capable of the spectacular and you always felt worked hard, despite all the @#%&!tishness.

Now, he doesn't do ANY of that.

He is less effective than he's ever been. The goals and assists stats are embarrassing and he simply has no effect on games at all, for someone who is a forward player.

Worst of all, he has become lazy. He's had numerous chances this season and has failed to impact or improve at all.

Ole seem to totally lose any faith in him when he lost it with him at a City - by far and away the most angry he has appeared since being in the job - after he lazily gifted the ball back to City.

Ole has given a fair crack to everyone. Look at Matic. Not everyone's cup of tea, and very much a Jose signing. Didn't hit it off with Ole, but got his head down, didn't complain and has come back stronger, fitter and simply better.

Aside from the fact he's a better player and better at his job, he's a better pro.

He's had a chance to at least make himself a squad option and I don't think many would have an issue with him in that role if he could be trusted to contribute something.

Instead, he's regressed, hasn't worked to get out of it and now can't get into an extended match day squad.

He's played his way out of the club and has only himself to blame.

Pundits will continue to cut him some slack because he has a role to play for England.

Unread 01-07-2020, 10:15 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Yes. Because he's English.

Only need to compare the reception of Pogba's 'antics' in the media.

They still call Lingard young. He's 28.

The fact of the matter is that Lingard was never a massively talented player, but was a decent squad option as he could chip in with a goal here and there, was capable of the spectacular and you always felt worked hard, despite all the @#%&!tishness.

Now, he doesn't do ANY of that.

He is less effective than he's ever been. The goals and assists stats are embarrassing and he simply has no effect on games at all, for someone who is a forward player.

Worst of all, he has become lazy. He's had numerous chances this season and has failed to impact or improve at all.

Ole seem to totally lose any faith in him when he lost it with him at a City - by far and away the most angry he has appeared since being in the job - after he lazily gifted the ball back to City.

Ole has given a fair crack to everyone. Look at Matic. Not everyone's cup of tea, and very much a Jose signing. Didn't hit it off with Ole, but got his head down, didn't complain and has come back stronger, fitter and simply better.

Aside from the fact he's a better player and better at his job, he's a better pro.

He's had a chance to at least make himself a squad option and I don't think many would have an issue with him in that role if he could be trusted to contribute something.

Instead, he's regressed, hasn't worked to get out of it and now can't get into an extended match day squad.

He's played his way out of the club and has only himself to blame.

Pundits will continue to cut him some slack because he has a role to play for England.
This. Most on here would have wanted him to succeed simply because he’s one of our own, too. He’s had every opportunity under several managers and has never showed any sign of improving. You look at Rashford, who’s not had the smoothest ride by any means, and at one point probably was relying on the good faith of the supporters (and, I’ll say it, even Jose put a lot of responsibility on him); he has paid that faith back tenfold and it justifies the patience shown.

Also, he’s also 3/4 years older than you think he is. 28 ffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He's 28 in December pal.
Ah. Only saw it in Dr Strangers post and didn’t bother to verify. Still. 27

Unread 01-07-2020, 10:23 AM
atticusgrinch

Let's just hope his wages aren't too high so we can flush this turd.

Unread 01-07-2020, 10:24 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Let's just hope his wages aren't too high so we can flush this turd.
Newcastle by September..