Big Norm

Default 12 Years Ago Today

12 years.

Unread 21-05-2020, 08:53 AM
believe

Feels longer

Unread 21-05-2020, 09:08 AM
Seamus

I didnt make it across, I knew when I was in Barcelona for the semi that if we got through after the home leg I wouldnt be going as the missus was heavily pregnant and she was having a rough pregnancy.

It took me ages to bond with the child as all I could see when I saw his face was Van Der sar saving Anelka's penalty

Unread 21-05-2020, 09:15 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus View Post

It took me ages to bond with the child as all I could see when I saw his face was Van Der sar saving Anelka's penalty
ffs

Unread 21-05-2020, 09:16 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
I didnt make it across, I knew when I was in Barcelona for the semi that if we got through after the home leg I wouldnt be going as the missus was heavily pregnant and she was having a rough pregnancy.

https://youtu.be/pHFyX4ch_kk

Likewise - didnít make it. We got put off by all the visa stuff which back then felt really complicated and so we went to Loaf or one of those places in deansgate locks which was a ticket only affair. Despite not being there, it was brilliant - the place went radio rental during the pens. All onto Albert square afterwards.

Still regret missing it though.

Unread 21-05-2020, 09:19 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:

Unread 21-05-2020, 09:22 AM
believe

Youíre lucky stoney. Every time I think of van der sars save I see hopskipjumps face.

Unread 21-05-2020, 09:23 AM
Seamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe View Post
Youíre lucky stoney. Every time I think of van der sars save I see hopskipjumps face.
oh shit I forgot about that

Unread 21-05-2020, 09:45 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe View Post
ffs

i think this was the last season i stopped going to away games. gave up home games in 2005.

my son was 7 weeks old so i couldn't go and i remember scaring the shit out of him with the goons during the penalties. little f***er doesn't like united now. i wonder if this is the reason?

Unread 21-05-2020, 09:59 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth View Post

Likewise - didnít make it. We got put off by all the visa stuff which back then felt really complicated and so we went to Loaf or one of those places in deansgate locks which was a ticket only affair. Despite not being there, it was brilliant - the place went radio rental during the pens. All onto Albert square afterwards.

Still regret missing it though.
Match ticket was your visa.

I thought it was a shite trip tbh. Miserable Shithole and the atmosphere was average (I thought) at the game outside of the big moments.

Still euphoric of course.