United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 08-01-2023, 12:08 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
Weghorst.

Salary cap of 200k a week.

Sounds like there making a play to stick it out. They've sensed a manager is in place who can probably finish top 4 consistently on a limited budget.
Knew it was too good to be true that they’d sell up

Unread 08-01-2023, 03:10 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Knew it was too good to be true that they’d sell up
Bloody hell

Unread 08-01-2023, 03:46 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Bloody hell

Unread 08-01-2023, 09:01 PM
Neo

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Bickle
Forgive me for perhaps being a bit simplistic here, and also whisky-fuelled, but in my mellowed head I think I have an ideal solution to the whole ownership thing ...

I do not want us to be owned by a Nation State, American consortium, unethical individual etc. so my leftfield approach would be to scrap any bidding process and approach Gautam Adani to buy the club outright.

Recently named (again) the third richest man in the world with a net value of 150billion or so, 6 billion would be nothing to him. India, the world's largest democracy, sports mad ... Think of the revenue from shirt sales and TV rights alone, plus the growth of football in India.

I am now posting this before I sober up. Probably regret it at some point. Goodnight
Adani, the bloke who attempted (and failed) to steal land from millions of impoverished, independent Indian farmers by using his political connections to push through oppressive laws through the corrupt Indian parliament, leading to the largest mass protests in living memory?

Would rather the Taliban took over, tbh.

Unread 09-01-2023, 03:19 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
It might make it easier but a club as commercially successful as us doesn’t need Arab blood money. Would sacrifice some success to avoid being owned by a despotic regime, just need owners to are primarily interested in on-field success and are competent.
Yep. As long as the club is run with a modicum of competence, we’ll get along fine, as we always have done, without the need for any sugar daddy input. The most profitable club on the planet without any outside help. The financial bar has been raised, of course and we’ll never compete with these £#%&!ing leeches. Just need someone to purchase us and allow the club to run itself.

Unread 09-01-2023, 05:53 AM
Travis Bickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Adani, the bloke who attempted (and failed) to steal land from millions of impoverished, independent Indian farmers by using his political connections to push through oppressive laws through the corrupt Indian parliament, leading to the largest mass protests in living memory?

Yes, but apart from that ...

Unread 09-01-2023, 07:52 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

That'd be the women's team gone.

So yeah, the Taliban

Unread 09-01-2023, 08:07 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Theres none left prince harry wiped em out

Unread 09-01-2023, 09:31 AM
Rorschach

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona

So yeah, the Taliban

Unread 09-01-2023, 10:45 AM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona

So yeah, the Taliban

Unread 09-01-2023, 04:07 PM
Sparky***

Sounds like spurs

Unread 09-01-2023, 06:37 PM
Arnold Muhren

Unread 09-01-2023, 06:53 PM
jem

qatar sports investments are considering both a full takeover or a stake in manchester united or liverpool or something else, maybe, maybe not.

Unread 09-01-2023, 06:56 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
qatar sports investments are considering both a full takeover or a stake in manchester united or liverpool or something else, maybe, maybe not.
This

I’ve heard the Glazers have been quietly seeking investors for quite a while and had no takers because it’s common knowledge what a £#%&! up they’ve made of it financially

Screams full sale or £#%&!ed for ages..

Unread 09-01-2023, 07:00 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
This

I’ve heard the Glazers have been quietly seeking investors for quite a while and had no takers because it’s common knowledge what a £#%&! up they’ve made of it financially

Screams full sale or £#%&!ed for ages..
that was always going to be the issue. we're an expensive £#%&!ing mess.

Unread 09-01-2023, 07:57 PM
Joe Biden

If Qatar end up with Liverpool and we end up stuck with the glazers or another set of American sports ball investors it's going to be a very long rest of our lives.

Unread 09-01-2023, 09:07 PM
Vedder

Quote:
If Qatar end up with Liverpool and we end up stuck with the glazers or another set of American sports ball investors it's going to be a very long rest of our lives.
If these rats don’t £#%&! off im knocking football on the head

Unread 09-01-2023, 09:14 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
If these rats don’t £#%&! off im knocking football on the head
He’s just a wum pal don’t let him get to you.

Unread 09-01-2023, 09:21 PM
Boring Dave

Quote:
This is actually a pretty accurate statement.

I think I’m going to be sick…

Unread 09-01-2023, 09:53 PM
redhegemony