United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 21-10-2019, 02:22 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Who is that weapon?
Stoney

Unread 21-10-2019, 02:47 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
This guy isn’t it?

Unread 21-10-2019, 03:17 PM
MagnificentSeven

our two best performances this season have been against chelsea and liverpool. good stuff, but we need to play like that when it actually matters. i hate the thought of united becoming one of those teams that just raise their game against big sides, that we've had to deal with down the years. another everton or blackburn or newcastle we are not.

Unread 21-10-2019, 03:31 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
our two best performances this season have been against chelsea and liverpool. good stuff, but we need to play like that when it actually matters. i hate the thought of united becoming one of those teams that just raise their game against big sides, that we've had to deal with down the years. another everton or blackburn or newcastle we are not.
It's not about raising our game for the big sides but that they leave us space to counter attack into and we can just sit back soak up pressure

Our problem is the pressure that comes with having to make the game against teams who we are expected to beat
Trying to break down teams who sit deep is our achilles heel and nothing about how we played Sunday changes that

Unread 21-10-2019, 03:40 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
It's not about raising our game for the big sides but that they leave us space to counter attack into and we can just sit back soak up pressure

Our problem is the pressure that comes with having to make the game against teams who we are expected to beat
Trying to break down teams who sit deep is our achilles heel and nothing about how we played Sunday changes that
Absolutely - we don't have a player to unpick tight defences and deep defences negates our considerable pace.

Unread 21-10-2019, 03:51 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Stoney
I know what stoney looks like.

It's bunks isn't it?

Unread 21-10-2019, 04:17 PM
Billy Redface

Some real scouse fuuuuuuming round these parts today.

All from first dropped points in 18 games and an equaliser in the last five minutes.

Their £#%&!ing heads will explode if they blow it again this season.

Unread 21-10-2019, 04:19 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Some real scouse fuuuuuuming round these parts today.

All from first dropped points in 18 games and an equaliser in the last five minutes.

Their f***ing heads will explode if they blow it again this season.
Social media has been quite fun tbf

Even when they’re having their most successful period for 30 years they’re still more concerned with how we’re getting on

Unread 21-10-2019, 04:23 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Social media has been quite fun tbf

Even when they’re having their most successful period for 30 years they’re still more concerned with how we’re getting on
Yep.

Someone earlier quoting Rashford's post-match saying how we should have won, then posting the match stats to confirm what an 'absolute #@&%!' he was.

Imagine getting wound up and quoting a kid's post match comments after a creditable draw in the last five minutes.

You can tell they haven't dropped points in a while.

God knows how they'd have reacted if they lost.

Unread 21-10-2019, 04:25 PM
waynes ear's

mancs r wools!

Unread 21-10-2019, 04:52 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustling jimmies
Tactically outwitting -

66 percent possession for the team away from home, a 1-1 draw against a Liverpool side who failed to turn up until the last 5 mins.

Sorry to break this to you, but Liverpool are quite a good side. You seem to think them "not turning up" until late on had nothing to do with us.

Unread 21-10-2019, 07:11 PM
Part 36 Offer

Is Neville £#%&!ing stupid? He seems to constantly miss the point at all times. Souness isn't even criticising Rashford here ffs. Neville is a #@&%! at times and highly annoying.

Unread 21-10-2019, 07:14 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAN_bceOfSE

Is Neville f***ing stupid? He seems to constantly miss the point at all times. Souness isn't even criticising Rashford here ffs. Neville is a #@&%! at times and highly annoying.
Loves the sound of his own voice.

Grates the hell out of me when commenting, especially on United games.

Carragher on MNF saying both managers performed really well yesterday

It took Klopp over 70 minutes to work out wtf to do and us being absolutely knackered to help allow them back into the game.

Unread 21-10-2019, 08:54 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Loves the sound of his own voice.

Grates the hell out of me when commenting, especially on United games.

Carragher on MNF saying both managers performed really well yesterday

It took Klopp over 70 minutes to work out wtf to do and us being absolutely knackered to help allow them back into the game.
I once heard a person with a strong welsh accent try to say the word ‘werewolf’. Presume you’re taking the piss pal?

actually don’t disagree

Unread 21-10-2019, 11:51 PM
utd99

Quote:

Is Neville £#%&!ing stupid? He seems to constantly miss the point at all times. Souness isn't even criticising Rashford here ffs. Neville is a #@&%! at times and highly annoying.
He’s definitely chairman of his own fan club.

Unread 22-10-2019, 07:17 AM
believe

Quote:

He constantly misses the point of any conversation he’s in and talks like a JC post because he thinks everyone is hanging on his every word. Watch him in that interview with Keane. The Irish lads get to a point where they’re sick of him derailing every conversation and he comes back with a “do you know who I am?” Kind of defense. He really thinks he’s some kind of professor of the game.

Unread 22-10-2019, 08:13 AM
barca99

Thought we played well and the atmosphere was brilliant

A step in the right direction and hopefully takes us into this 'easier' run of games with a bit more confidence that we can win them and move up the table. 4th is well and truly up for grabs if we could just get our act together

There was some inevitability about the Liverpool equaliser but i think that was more to do with them than it was with us.

Based on their performance though can only see City winning the league.

Unread 22-10-2019, 12:20 PM
Hector

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Based on their performance though can only see City winning the league.
United are 500/1 at most bookies - that's got be worth wasting a quid or three.

Unread 22-10-2019, 12:22 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector
We'll be back in the mix come Christmas.....
YHIHF.
#BITMAS

Unread 22-10-2019, 01:08 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector
I'll give you odds of 1000/1.

PM me for details.