United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Other Sports & Fitness

Unread 11-06-2021, 02:32 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX View Post
Great card coming up this weekend.

Adesanya vs. Vettori and Edwards Vs Nate Diaz should both be absolute bangers. Not really seen much of the either Figueiredo or Moreno, but three five rounders/two championship fights should make for great viewing.

Also, saw this today about the hospital fight between Diaz the elder and Joe Riggs. Crazy bastards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18t2IiLo_3g
Their previous bout was one of the fights of the year. Fancy Figueiredo to finish Moreno this time.

Hope Edwards can push on. Was reading that other welterweights are dodging him. Why's that?

Unread 13-06-2021, 01:12 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen View Post
Their previous bout was one of the fights of the year. Fancy Figueiredo to finish Moreno this time.

Hope Edwards can push on. Was reading that other welterweights are dodging him. Why's that?
Really enjoyed all of the fights, but what was Nate thinking when, after pretty much knocking Edwards out on his feet, he stopped, flipped him the bird and laughed at him, instead of going straight in for the kill / Easy to criticise from the comfort of the sofa, of course, but great fun to watch either way.

Moreno was superb and as for Adesenya, he just makes it look so easy. What strength and skill he showed throughout (getting too c**ky for my liking, though). It's because of nights like that, that I love watching MMA.

Unread 13-06-2021, 01:23 PM
Vedder

Diaz mad c***. Thought Edwards was excellent till the last round

Unread 13-06-2021, 01:50 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder View Post
Diaz mad c***. Thought Edwards was excellent till the last round
Yeah, he's nails alright. Don't see him being ready for Usman, though. Would love to see him get in with Masvdial next. Would be brutal.

Unread 13-06-2021, 02:13 PM
silv

Edwards is a genuine welterweight challenger.

Diaz is a natural lightweight just not cutting weight, inactive and passed his prime. Thought he did quite well and was glad he wasnít beaten silly!

Btw is anyone ready for Usman?? Canít see anyone troubling him at all

Unread 13-06-2021, 04:03 PM
shenwen

Watched the last minute of the Edwards fight covering my eyes. Overall though he was impressive. Can't see how he would beat Usman though. Dana all but guaranteed Colby is next for Usman. Reckon Edwards will fight winner of Burns and Thompson to decide who's after that.

Decent night. That arm break that wasn't

Happy for Moreno. Israel untouchable at middleweight right now. Patting Vettori's arse

Unread 13-06-2021, 06:32 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Thought Edwards was wumming for a half second.
Surprised Diaz didn't finish after that.

Unread 13-06-2021, 07:10 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Thought Edwards was wumming for a half second.
Surprised Diaz didn't finish after that.
He naturally went into showboating mode for a few seconds, when he should have taken him down or battered him. Hugely frustrating, but that's why he's one of the most popular fighters in the sport I guess. Easy to criticise from the comfort of my own sofa, and let's hpe he gets to fight Connor for a final payday. The trilogy fight would be massive for them both.

Last edited by BarryX; 13-06-2021 at 08:49 PM.