United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-11-2021, 05:15 PM
est.1878

Football Woodward

Staying on longer to oversee the appointment(s)

The guy knows he won't be here after its done and zero incentive to get it right. What happened to garden leave and clear your locker out by COP

Unread 22-11-2021, 05:17 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Just goes to show how arsed Joel and the gang are to consult this £#%&!ing clown after he's turned the club into a self collapsing mess.

They've tried nothing and they're all out of ideas.

Unread 22-11-2021, 05:18 PM
dunk

The entire structure of the club is shite.

Unread 22-11-2021, 05:21 PM
Fat Al

Isn't he staying on after the New Year in some sort of consultancy role?

The proverbial unflushable turd.

Unread 22-11-2021, 05:21 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Staying on longer to oversee the appointment(s)

The guy knows he won't be here after its done and zero incentive to get it right. What happened to garden leave and clear your locker out by COP
Confirmed? Rumours that he might have been doing the rounds all day.

The Woodward era at the club feels like an act of sabotage by the @#%&!.

Unread 22-11-2021, 05:22 PM
NedKelly

You know we spent years saying “yeah we are defo bringing in a director of football” and every year Ed would sit there like a parody Bond villain laughing to himself while everyone believed them?

This is the same thing. Whoever we bring in it’ll be “oh Ed was key to the manager coming here so he’s staying on for a while.. just until he’s used to it here lol”

Unread 22-11-2021, 05:23 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
The entire structure of the club is shite.
I don't think this right.

The commercial side of the club is brilliantly run, it's the playing side that is a shambles.

If we used the top clubs as a template for how to run the football side then we'd be sorted.

Unread 22-11-2021, 05:25 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
I don't think this right.

The commercial side of the club is brilliantly run, it's the playing side that is a shambles.

If we used the top clubs as a template for how to run the football side then we'd be sorted.
Not necessarily, it looks decent, but maybe it’s underperforming in reality. The same #@&%!wombles in charge of everything else could easily be £#%&!ing the commercials up too.

Unread 22-11-2021, 05:33 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Not necessarily, it looks decent, but maybe it’s underperforming in reality. The same #@&%!wombles in charge of everything else could easily be £#%&!ing the commercials up too.
Yep.

I’m pretty sure an actual monkey could get decent results on the commercial front working for Manchester United.

Unread 22-11-2021, 05:39 PM
d_knight

I swear he's either a liverpool or city fan and everything he has done is deliberate

Unread 22-11-2021, 05:40 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Isn't he staying on after the New Year in some sort of consultancy role?

The proverbial unflushable turd.
Which is what Gill should have done when him and Fergie left. If he'd helped integrate Ed and shown him the ropes maybe we wouldn't be in the mess we are now.

Unread 22-11-2021, 05:42 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_knight
I swear he's either a liverpool or city fan and everything he has done is deliberate
Boyhood liverpool fan iirc?

Unread 22-11-2021, 05:43 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_knight
Pretty sure it was confirmed he was a childhood Liverpool supporter ?

Unread 22-11-2021, 05:46 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Pretty sure it was confirmed he was a childhood Liverpool supporter ?
Wouldn't surprise if he was one of those weird kids who didn't even like football growing up.

Unread 22-11-2021, 05:50 PM
d_knight

Seriously. I can just imagine him as a liverpool fan, having the man utd glazer takeover case file drop into his laps while he was at that bank (Chase? Morgan? Can't remember) and thinking to himself, "You're my bitch now!"

Unread 22-11-2021, 05:50 PM
est.1878

Have never met a sound accountant....

Unread 22-11-2021, 05:52 PM
atticusgrinch

Wouldn't the club be worth more if we were good?

I just don't get why this fool is in a job. If I was Joel Glazer I'd be on his ass 24/7, properly hounding the @#%&!. Priti Patel style. And I'd ditch the rats tail.

Makes no sense whatsoever.

Unread 22-11-2021, 05:55 PM
Rorschach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes
Which is what Gill should have done when him and Fergie left. If he'd helped integrate Ed and shown him the ropes maybe we wouldn't be in the mess we are now.
I did read that Gill was one of many unhappy with Woodward's scheming and power-building back then and thus the clean break.

The fact that this was allowed to happen at the same time as the first team manager retired, also simultaneously demonstrates both Woodward's greed and unsuitability for the role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Wouldn't the club be worth more if we were good?

I just don't get why this fool is in a job. If I was Joel Glazer I'd be on his ass 24/7, properly hounding the @#%&!. Priti Patel style. And I'd ditch the rats tail.

Makes no sense whatsoever.
They paid £#%&! all for the club. It's value has doubled / trebled (depending on who you listen to) and it gives them a cool £100M per year for £#%&! all.

Who cares what it's worth, when it's a freebie that shits money like that?

Unread 22-11-2021, 06:02 PM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Have never met a sound accountant....
I think they’re generally known as technicians

Unread 22-11-2021, 06:06 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach
I did read that Gill was one of many unhappy with Woodward's scheming and power-building back then and thus the clean break.

The fact that this was allowed to happen at the same time as the first team manager retired, also simultaneously demonstrates both Woodward's greed and unsuitability for the role.

They paid £#%&! all for the club. It's value has doubled / trebled (depending on who you listen to) and it gives them a cool £100M per year for £#%&! all.

Who cares what it's worth, when it's a freebie that shits money like that?
Because it's a freebie that could shit more money. Why give a moron like Woodward free reign with your £2-3 billion asset?

I just don't get the loyalty and lack of oversight for Woodward and his %@#$&! entourage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
I think they’re generally known as technicians
Rodgers will love that.
Closed Thread