United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive
Reply
 
Unread 16-04-2023, 10:09 AM
believe
 
Default Notts Forest v Manchester United : Official match thread - 4:30pm 16.4.23

Looking forward to it. Have no other info.
 
Unread 16-04-2023, 11:02 AM
thatsfuctit
 
Default

A bit of this would be nice

 
Unread 16-04-2023, 11:12 AM
Stickman
 
Default

2-1

22 pages

Boiled piss aots.
 
Unread 16-04-2023, 11:15 AM
Dr Stranger
 
Default

How do we feel about a draw?

Point gained on Spurs and Newcastle. Another game ticked off.
 
Unread 16-04-2023, 11:19 AM
Coracao
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
How do we feel about a draw?

Point gained on Spurs and Newcastle. Another game ticked off.
Will win a grand today if Utd don't win, so I'm expecting a Weghorst hat-trick.
 
Unread 16-04-2023, 11:20 AM
Dr Stranger
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Will win a grand today if Utd don't win, so I'm expecting a Weghorst hat-trick.
Jesus. How much did you put on?
 
Unread 16-04-2023, 11:21 AM
Sparky***
 
Default

Spurs and Newcastle both lose on the same weekend. That won’t happen a lot. And we have a chance to take advantage playing the team in 18th.

I we don’t win we don’t deserve 4th
 
Unread 16-04-2023, 11:22 AM
suedeshoes
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Will win a grand today if Utd don't win, so I'm expecting a Weghorst hat-trick.
You bet against United? I can't do that. Hope you win £#%&! all.
 
Unread 16-04-2023, 11:26 AM
Coracao
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Jesus. How much did you put on?
A tenner. Last man standing in the pub and it has rolled over three times (so suppose £30 in total).

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
You bet against United? I can't do that. Hope you win £#%&! all.
No.
 
Unread 16-04-2023, 11:29 AM
Dr Stranger
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
A tenner. Last man standing in the pub and it has rolled over three times (so suppose £30 in total).



No.
Ah right. Thought you’d lumped about £300 on Forest to make yourself feel better if it happens 😂
 
Unread 16-04-2023, 11:31 AM
Coracao
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Ah right. Thought you’d lumped about £300 on Forest to make yourself feel better if it happens 😂
Not a chance

Tempted to throw a big bet on Utd to guarantee some winnings tho tbh.
 
Unread 16-04-2023, 11:33 AM
Dr Stranger
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Spurs and Newcastle both lose on the same weekend. That won’t happen a lot. And we have a chance to take advantage playing the team in 18th.

I we don’t win we don’t deserve 4th
But Newcastle or Tottenham do if they lose?…

Today is no gimme. Forest are no mugs at home. Drawn with city, beaten Liverpool and Newcastle needed a last minute penalty to beat them a couple of weeks back.

We’re absolutely patched up and facing yet another game just 3 days after a European game. It will be a difficult.

I wouldn’t be condemning our top four chances based on today. Especially when the team closest to taking our fourth place just lost at home to £#%&!ing Bournemouth.
 
Unread 16-04-2023, 12:16 PM
20LEgend1999
 
Default

Completely agree that if we have either 3 or 4 points more than the team in 5th place having played a game less we don't deserve 4th.

0-2 today I think. Martial and Bruno. Although part of me thinks 1-1, and I predict us to drop points about as often as Lawro does Liverpool.
 
Unread 16-04-2023, 12:20 PM
Sparky***
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
But Newcastle or Tottenham do if they lose?…

Today is no gimme. Forest are no mugs at home. Drawn with city, beaten Liverpool and Newcastle needed a last minute penalty to beat them a couple of weeks back.

We’re absolutely patched up and facing yet another game just 3 days after a European game. It will be a difficult.

I wouldn’t be condemning our top four chances based on today. Especially when the team closest to taking our fourth place just lost at home to £#%&!ing Bournemouth.
Dress it up however you want but if you pass up opportunities like this then you get what’s coming to you.

We’re a better team than Newcastle and we’re a better team than Spurs, it’s time we started showing it a bit more.
 
Unread 16-04-2023, 12:21 PM
jem
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
How do we feel about a draw?

Point gained on Spurs and Newcastle. Another game ticked off.
we need three points, because we can't rely on any more going forward, given injuries, suspensions, shit refs, bad luck, etc. our next three league games area against spurs, villa and brighton, so.... we need to beat shit teams.
 
Unread 16-04-2023, 12:52 PM
Dr Stranger
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Dress it up however you want but if you pass up opportunities like this then you get what’s coming to you.

We’re a better team than Newcastle and we’re a better team than Spurs, it’s time we started showing it a bit more.
It’s not ‘dressing it up’ at all. It is what is. I’ve said we’re missing players and that their home form is decent. That’s not an opinion.

You’ve said as much yourself regarding our injuries and ridiculous schedule, but now you’re saying we must win or we don’t deserve top four?

But also we’re better than spurs and Newcastle

If we all lose this weekend, who deserves top four?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
we need three points, because we can't rely on any more going forward, given injuries, suspensions, shit refs, bad luck, etc. our next three league games area against spurs, villa and brighton, so.... we need to beat shit teams.
Reasonable.

Still doesn’t make today any easier. I’m not sure Forest are especially shit at home. Any kind of win will do and would be massive.

Every game feels huge this season.

Nice to have that feeling again tbh
 
Unread 16-04-2023, 01:20 PM
woody78
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
How do we feel about a draw?

Point gained on Spurs and Newcastle. Another game ticked off.
As much as I'd love a win a draw wouldn't be the end of the world.

I genuinely think if we win 4 out of the last 9 we'll get top 4
 
Unread 16-04-2023, 01:27 PM
AK14
 
Default

Winning our home games should be enough?

I think we’ll do that, so a draw here and there shouldn’t a be a problem.
 
Unread 16-04-2023, 01:28 PM
Dr Stranger
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody78
As much as I'd love a win a draw wouldn't be the end of the world.

I genuinely think if we win 4 out of the last 9 we'll get top 4
I understand people thinking we’ll drop points, but one look at the other two and you can do the same.

Imagine this place if we lost a 95th minute winner at home to Bournemouth, leaving us 3 points adrift having played two games more.

It’s not like going for the title where a draw or loss can be the difference. We’ve got 9 games left. 6 wins guarantees it unless Spurs win every game (they won’t). 4 or 5 realistically does it. Anything around 70 points will be fine and usually is for top four.

14 from a possible 27 is very do-able, even with the injuries.
 
Unread 16-04-2023, 01:31 PM
Neo
 
Thumbs down

Got bad vibes, tbh.

The thought of Lindelof and Maguire at the back is giving me 'Der Gaffer' era flashbacks.
Reply
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Notts Forest v Manchester United : Official match thread - 4:30pm 16.4.23
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Man United?s predicted XI v Notts Forest fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 27-12-2022 10:40 PM
Man Utd v Notts Forest 1996/97 thatsfuctit Manchester United Hall of Fame 17 12-11-2020 05:02 AM
*official united v city match thread (teams and time to get our act together) Sparky*** Manchester United Match Thread Archive 815 15-02-2011 01:43 PM
last time I went to Notts Forest I had to throw my underpants away no fun Football 30 24-02-2009 09:50 AM
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:13 AM.
Copyright ©2006 - 2024 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.