United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 28-02-2021, 07:33 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Reflects even worse on them given position in the table and them needing to overhaul us. Plus defensively we're not all that when you attack us so they probably would have won with more ambition.

But Tuchel has been in the job for 2 months. Ole's been here 2 years. It's poor man. We should focus on ourselves. This kind of mentality is why we've become a club happy to just finish top 4 and potless.
Nonsense. Tuchel has loads of top attackers if you read what people were saying when they were signing them. If United are so shit and Tuchel is a mastermind why didn't he beat us today? They did nothing.

Ole didn't get Sancho who he clearly wanted because his bosses wouldn't pay it. Will you use that when looking at it?

Unread 28-02-2021, 07:33 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
we were playing against a side who outspent everyone in european football.

I would love...absolutely LOVE to see some of these philso**** managers get higher than 2nd in the league with that array of forwards at their disposal.
How dare you use logic and reasoning to defend a performance.think both lindelof and maguire dealt with giroud very well.

Unread 28-02-2021, 07:34 PM
saffers

Quote:
we were playing against a side who outspent everyone in european football.

I would love...absolutely LOVE to see some of these philso£#%&! managers get higher than 2nd in the league with that array of forwards at their disposal.
Our forwards are bad?

Many would love our depth upfront.

It is the managers job to get the best out of them. We have phenomenal variety now with Cavani, Rashy, Bruno, Martial, James, Mata, Greenwood, Amad now.

Unread 28-02-2021, 07:34 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Nonsense. Tuchel has loads of top attackers if you read what people were saying when they were signing them. If United are so shit and Tuchel is a mastermind why didn't he beat us today? They did nothing.

Ole didn't get Sancho who he clearly wanted because his bosses wouldn't pay it. Will you use that when looking at it?
You too! Stop using logic and reasoning

Unread 28-02-2021, 07:35 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
When they do turn up our defence doesn’t
Aye.

Problem is we’ve only got two players that consistently score goals

One of which apparently goes missing in all the big games and the other plays like a man with no legs for 89 minutes most games.

Desperately need to go and get DM and CF in the summer.

Unread 28-02-2021, 07:35 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Our forwards are bad?

Many would love our depth upfront.

It is the managers job to get the best out of them. We have phenomenal variety now with Cavani, Rashy, Bruno, Martial, James, Mata, Greenwood, Amad now.
Rashford isn't consistent enough, Greenwood isn't ready yet, martial is pointless and Cavani is 100 years old.

So yeah. They aren't bad - but they're not good enough to take us that next step.

Unread 28-02-2021, 07:36 PM
saffers

Quote:

Ole was definitely let down by Woodward. That can't be denied and who knows how we'd look if he had gotten Sancho. Could have created a completely new balance in the team going forward and in midfield.

Tuchel I find it hard to criticise, he's been there less than 2 months and has them undefeated and won most of their games including away to runaway leaders of la liga in cl knockout tie. Don't know where Chelsea fans stand on him but suspect they're pretty happy with the clear progress theyve had in a short space of time.

Dr Stranger

Why are we the ones getting shit as the away team?

Chelsea are in form, at home and needed to win much more than us. They created 2 chances all game.

Much better point for us.

AK14

Keane is spot on tbf.

Jethro

I'm sure all top managers are salivating over Martial and James. Not to mention the kid who has played 5 minutes.

Unread 28-02-2021, 07:37 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Why are we the ones getting shit as the away team?

Chelsea are in form, at home and needed to win much more than us. They created 2 chances all game.

Much better point for us.
Why do you think.

Unread 28-02-2021, 07:38 PM
Dr Stranger

In general, we’ve been passive in big games this season, but I don’t think that was the case today. We went for it and kept attacking until the end. The result was 0-0, but I don’t think it reflected the intent of either team, on this occasion.

jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
This, the general performance was good, just needed to be more clinical in the final third. Not having Cavani available is hard work.
cavani would have done £#%&! all. the problem is our lack of creativity. I'll be generous and call The Scottish Player's cross at the end a tired cross. but how anyone can think we missed cavani rather than pogba....

cavani is fine if the ball lands on his head, but he missed a sitter v arsenal.

the stupid £#%&!ing balls we keep playing to midfielders and strikers with their backs to goal..... stupid. we need balls played for players to run onto. The Scottish Player's was the big chance to play that ball, but our crosses generally were woeful. james got one decent one in, too, but he is shit for a winger.

Dr Stranger

Quote:
Why do you think.
Same reason the penalty decision was ‘50-50’

MUFC One Love

Hasselbaink has just said United played with 11 behind the ball.

People will believe that.

Unread 28-02-2021, 07:39 PM
utd99

Jesus. I never imagined I’d ever miss Nani.

Unread 28-02-2021, 07:39 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Jesus. I never imagined I’d ever miss Nani.

Unread 28-02-2021, 07:40 PM
utd99

Quote:
Hasselbaink has just said United played with 11 behind the ball.

People will believe that.
He’s a first rate moron. We were very cautious though.

saffers

Quote:
Rashford isn't consistent enough, Greenwood isn't ready yet, martial is pointless and Cavani is 100 years old.

So yeah. They aren't bad - but they're not good enough to take us that next step.
I think theyve all showed signs of being serious goalthreats but that question has to be put to our manager.

red in cumbria

Quote:
Why do you think.
But the thing is, its not so justified by the performance.

As at Liverpool, we were the better team.