Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
He said as much yesterday.
Did he? Link?

Unread 17-08-2012, 10:21 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Hope Kags gets a start, doubt RVP will. He's barely played all summer.

DDG

Valencia - Rio - Vidic - Evra

Carrick

Clevers - Kaggers

Nanners - Rooney - Wellers

Unread 17-08-2012, 10:24 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
He said as much yesterday.
it's going to be 442 no other way, no other chance of anything else.

wellers, kagawa and rooney will show up on the left wing this season.

be very interesting to see if saf goes without scholes.

Unread 17-08-2012, 10:28 AM
PaulParkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
it's going to be 442 no other way, no other chance of anything else.

be very interesting to see if saf goes without scholes.
I can fully understand why you would think this but I dont see that we have the personnel to play 4 in the middle of the park now. I know we've been used to square holes in round pegs but surely SAF can't only play 2 upfront seeing as he's brought in 2 more forwards?

Unread 17-08-2012, 10:35 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
Did he? Link?
When he was discussing his forward line as being as good as the 4 in 99 he mentioned Kagawa as a forward along with Chico, RVP, Roon and Wellers.

Unread 17-08-2012, 10:37 AM
ziggyman17

driver Fuzzy Dunlop;2981231]it's going to be 442 no other way, no other chance of anything else.

be very interesting to see if saf goes without scholes.[/quote]

I hope not.. I £#%&!ing hate 442.. with the players we have now, a variation of 433 is the way to go,, carrick , the brand and kagawa in a three with nani, rvp and Rooney interchanging in a front three

Unread 17-08-2012, 12:03 PM
The Return of JC

I've got a feeling he might go with players who have plenty of pre-season under their belts. With that in mind, expect to see Cheech, Anderson and Cleverley in there, with our £40m of new signings on the bench.

Unread 17-08-2012, 12:04 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
Fair point re. Owen and Berbatov although MO7 was always injured and it was always a last resort to play Berbs.

FWIW you're probably right, we'll be treated to 442 more often than not. I'm just trying to convince myself otherwise. I dont think I could take another season like the last.

I've got no problem with Scholes getting games though. He can still influence games IMO.

It's not the formation, just the rigid nature in which we deferred to Valencia. 4-4-2 needn't be dull if the variety and imagination is there.

Unread 17-08-2012, 12:05 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wart Chest
is this good or bad?
Dreadful. Bunks is only on it 'cos he wants to do the no pants dance with him.

Unread 17-08-2012, 12:09 PM
Sloppy

ddg

rafael vidic rio evra

valencia carrick cleverley nani

kagawa

rooney

Unread 17-08-2012, 12:10 PM
believe

DDG

Valencia - Rio - Vidic - Evra

Carrick

Clevers - Scholes

Nanners - Rooney - Wellers

Unread 17-08-2012, 12:12 PM
Sloppy

Why are so many putting valencia at rb?Rafael is fit.

Unread 17-08-2012, 12:14 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
ManUtdStuff: Injury Update: Smalling, Jones & Evans will all miss Monday’s game, while Rafael & Evra are available. Welbeck is back in training.
Not arsed what team he puts out, just hope Big Kaggers makes an appearance at some point

Unread 17-08-2012, 12:14 PM
PaulParkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
It's not the formation, just the rigid nature in which we deferred to Valencia. 4-4-2 needn't be dull if the variety and imagination is there.
Partly agree with that however it didnt help last season that our main centre forward caused endless plays to breakdown on account of his horrendous touch and short passing. Rooney was good in the box as his goals showed but useless outside of it. I would hazard a guess that, that influenced the play going out wide so often. That coupled with the fact that SAF has always loved playing with old school wingers.

Now we have a proper footballer who is technically gifted playing upfront we may be able to bring back a more fluid set up regardless of the way they line up.

Unread 17-08-2012, 12:29 PM
Time For Heroes

Could be we start the season at Everton with:

De Gayers

Valencias Rioers Vidders Evras

Nanners Carrers Clevers Youngers

Kaggers

Rooners

Frogson playing it tight first game etc, etc...

Could progress into:

De Gayers

Raffers Rioers Vidders Evras

Nanners Carrers Clevers Kaggers

Rooners Persiers

Kaggers plays on the left for Japan sometimes so I can see Freggles going to this option from time to time

Unread 17-08-2012, 12:44 PM
bobbledinho

Everyone's put Rio in their starting line-up but isn't there a decision due regarding the 'choc-ice' retweet today?

I expect he'll be given a suspension tbh.:shakehead:

Kagawa will start, his game was Wednesday afternoon our time and it's a Monday night match. Plenty of time to get back and get rested.

DDG
Rafa Rio Vidic Evra

Carrick Cleverley

Valencia Kagawa Rooney

RVP

Unread 17-08-2012, 01:03 PM
MJ Ramone

Thumbs up

De Gea

Evra
Rio
Vidic
Rafael

Carrick
Cleverley
Kagawa

Rooney
Van Persie
Nani

Unread 17-08-2012, 01:05 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbledinho
Everyone's put Rio in their starting line-up but isn't there a decision due regarding the 'choc-ice' retweet today?
Rio Ferdinand has been fined £45,000 by the FA after a charge of improper conduct was proven in relation to a comment posted on Twitter.

Unread 17-08-2012, 01:10 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbledinho

I expect he'll be given a suspension tbh.:shakehead:
Fined £45K.

Unread 17-08-2012, 01:22 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Why are so many putting valencia at rb?Rafael is fit.
because he played in olympics. that will be seen as a bad thing. need rest, etc.
Closed Thread