United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-04-2012, 09:07 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
We won't of Fergie continues to try and play him as an an attacking/creative midfielder, he's shit at it.
He tries to be all 'relaxed' and strut around spraying balls about. I'm not saying he should be playing up tight, but he needs to get back into his 'zone'. Fergie said recently Rooney is best when he plays on the 'edge', i.e when he actually wants effect a game properly. I swear though, if it's tight on Sunday and we're struggling to break them down and time is running out and we keep playing it to Valencia, I will smash my tele up.

Unread 20-04-2012, 09:08 AM
The Return of JC

I suspect we may see an unchanged side.......nah, surely not.

Would like to see Nani on the left, take Young out of the spotlight. And because Nani is better than Young.

Unread 20-04-2012, 09:10 AM
The Return of JC

Rooney due a goal at home against Everton

Unread 20-04-2012, 09:28 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Please don't £#%&! about Fergie. Best team we can pick please, summat along the lines of :-

De Gea
Rafael
Evans
Rio
Evra
Valencia
Carrick
Scholes
Nani
Cleverley
Rooney
I'd love that, but I'd take Berbs in for Clevers...

Unread 20-04-2012, 09:33 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
I suspect we may see an unchanged side.......nah, surely not.

Would like to see Nani on the left, take Young out of the spotlight. And because Nani is better than Young.
Yep. Reckon Ferie has had a word?

Unread 20-04-2012, 09:46 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
£#%&!ing no chance. Valencia is bigger and quicker than Baines, but smaller and slower than Distan, I know who I'd fancy him against...
but distan will be out of position and not bombing forward, he wont cross the half way line

Unread 20-04-2012, 09:48 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
but distan will be out of position and not bombing forward, he wont cross the half way line
That makes it worse, he's never going to be out of position or leave space in behind him for Valencia to exploit. Plus, Distan has played LB plenty of times, he's no novice.

Hopefully, they'll put Drenthe there.

Unread 20-04-2012, 10:01 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
nani and young pal? you for real?
100% for real. We don't have a proper "number 10", so play Nani in that role. Can go left or right, space for the shot, can interchange with Rooney and Young. Bit of movement, pace etc, the shit we haven't seen at OT in years. No chance it'll happen, but worth trying out imo.

Unread 20-04-2012, 10:07 AM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
this

picks itself
How the hell does that team pick itself when he can't decide who to pick between Nani and Young?

Unread 20-04-2012, 10:08 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
How the hell does that team pick itself when he can't decide who to pick between Nani and Young?
young

or nani

Unread 20-04-2012, 10:11 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Yep. Reckon Ferie has had a word?
Possibly. Just with it being the first game after his DIGRACEFUL (RAAAAARGGGH!) antics, it might be an idea to just take the heat off him. I could see him getting absolutely poleaxed all day and getting £#%&! all. Plus Nani needs games and looked good when he came on against Villa.

Unread 20-04-2012, 10:14 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
That makes it worse, he's never going to be out of position or leave space in behind him for Valencia to exploit. Plus, Distan has played LB plenty of times, he's no novice.

Hopefully, they'll put Drenthe there.
Sorry Dunkers, but Baines is a far better left back than Distin and will be a big miss for them. Him and Pienaar is their biggest threat. Also, moving Distin from the middle will disrupt them.

Drenthe's in the bad books. I doubt he'll feature.

Unread 20-04-2012, 10:16 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Young to dive in the box in the first 10 mins.

Unread 20-04-2012, 10:26 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Sorry Dunkers, but Baines is a far better left back than Distin and will be a big miss for them. Him and Pienaar is their biggest threat. Also, moving Distin from the middle will disrupt them.

Drenthe's in the bad books. I doubt he'll feature.
You don't need to be a top left back to stop Valencia, you just need to be able to match him physically.

Unread 20-04-2012, 11:01 AM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
100% for real. We don't have a proper "number 10", so play Nani in that role. Can go left or right, space for the shot, can interchange with Rooney and Young. Bit of movement, pace etc, the shit we haven't seen at OT in years. No chance it'll happen, but worth trying out imo.
Your right it is indeed worth trying, but it will never happen sadly.

Unread 20-04-2012, 11:06 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Young to dive in the box in the first 10 mins.
I'd piss myself laughing if he got another pen.

Unread 20-04-2012, 11:09 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
I said that last week somewhere on here...

Scholes Carrick

Valencia Nani Young

Rooney

Looks a winner to me in the movement and threat stakes

Unread 20-04-2012, 11:19 AM
jem

de gea

smalling - snoop - evra

valencia - carrick - scholes - cleverley - nani

welbeck (bertbatov really) - rooney

obviously tempted to fabio in midfield, but young can £#%&! off. shouldn't be in the squad, the cheat.

Unread 20-04-2012, 11:24 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
de gea

smalling - snoop - evra

valencia - carrick - scholes - cleverley - nani

welbeck (bertbatov really) - rooney

obviously tempted to fabio in midfield, but young can £#%&! off. shouldn't be in the squad, the cheat.
Perfect time for Fergie to go to 3 at the back with Nani as one of his wingbacks.

Oh wait a minute, that'd just end up being Valencia at RB and a weird unbalanced midfield. Well done jemima.

Unread 20-04-2012, 11:28 AM
PaulParkers

Nani isnt good enough to play through the middle as a number 10. Would be a nightmare. Has got the ball retention skills of a tomato.
Closed Thread