Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-12-2011, 01:33 PM
antonin jablonsky

Default Return of terraces.

In Scotland at least.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottis...proved-by-spl/

SPL clubs free to introduce safe standing areas

Clubs will now be able to ask the league's board for permission to pilot standing areas.

19 December 2011 12:08 GMT

Safe standing sections could be introduced in the Scottish Premier League, following the approval of a plan to allow top flight clubs to pilot the idea.

Following a meeting of the 12 member clubs on Monday, a vote was passed to amend current rules stating all SPL grounds must be all-seater.

The SPL board will now have the ability to approve any request made by a club to pilot a standing area, subject to further approval from the police and local authorities.

Neil Doncaster, chief executive of the SPL, said: “Since I joined the SPL in 2009, there has been widespread support amongst fans to re-introduce safe standing areas.

"I am delighted that we have been able to respond positively to supporters’ views on improving the match day experience.

There is no jurisdiction under Scots law preventing standing areas returning, with only an amendment to the SPL's rules required.

Top flight grounds in Scotland have been all-seater since 1994 and current regulations stipulate the need for all clubs to have a minimum capacity of 6,000 all-seated.

Unread 19-12-2011, 01:36 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
In Scotland at least.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottis...proved-by-spl/

Clubs will now be able to ask the league's board for permission to pilot standing areas.

19 December 2011 12:08 GMT

Safe standing sections could be introduced in the Scottish Premier League, following the approval of a plan to allow top flight clubs to pilot the idea.

Following a meeting of the 12 member clubs on Monday, a vote was passed to amend current rules stating all SPL grounds must be all-seater.

The SPL board will now have the ability to approve any request made by a club to pilot a standing area, subject to further approval from the police and local authorities.

Neil Doncaster, chief executive of the SPL, said: “Since I joined the SPL in 2009, there has been widespread support amongst fans to re-introduce safe standing areas.

"I am delighted that we have been able to respond positively to supporters’ views on improving the match day experience.

There is no jurisdiction under Scots law preventing standing areas returning, with only an amendment to the SPL's rules required.

Top flight grounds in Scotland have been all-seater since 1994 and current regulations stipulate the need for all clubs to have a minimum capacity of 6,000 all-seated.
well I for one am glad that there's absolutely no chance of any pissed up sectarian violence between two knife weilding scouse-a-like supporters ruining this experiment in forward thinking.

Unread 19-12-2011, 01:38 PM
Pop

Have the angels been consulted?

Unread 19-12-2011, 01:40 PM
forzagarza

Are they going to introduce safe deep fried pizza as well?

Unread 19-12-2011, 01:41 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzagarza
Are they going to introduce safe deep fried pizza as well?
I don't think that's possible.

Unread 19-12-2011, 01:47 PM
antonin jablonsky

Could this be the precursor of sumat similar in England?

Unread 19-12-2011, 01:50 PM
Cream

Quote:
Could this be the precursor of sumat similar in England?
If there's a dollar in it, yes.

Make tickets 10 quid a pop, no women or children, en suite bar, smoking allowed and I'm back in da game.

Unread 19-12-2011, 02:13 PM
The Return of JC

Unread 19-12-2011, 02:55 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by reem
If there's a dollar in it, yes.

Make tickets 10 quid a pop, no women or children, en suite bar, smoking allowed and I'm back in da game.
don't be so £#%&!ing stupid...

football fans getting what they want?

as if....

Unread 19-12-2011, 02:56 PM
believe

I bet the four people left who watch scottish football are made up.

Unread 19-12-2011, 03:01 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

What the world did in the 80s, scotland does today.

It's a shit idea. You can't even watch football properly on a terrace. Too many fat old drunks ruining it by shouting and pushing.

Unread 19-12-2011, 03:04 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop

It's a shit idea. You can't even watch football properly on a terrace. Too many fat old drunks ruining it by shouting and pushing.
It's happened. Fuzzy has finally become Ginners.

Unread 19-12-2011, 03:04 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:

Unread 19-12-2011, 03:06 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:

Tbf they've been doing this in Germany for ages. Went to see St pauli a few years back, stood on a terrace, fantastic fun reliving yer yoof.

Unread 19-12-2011, 03:09 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Tbf they've been doing this in Germany for ages. Went to see St pauli a few years back, stood on a terrace, fantastic fun reliving yer yoof.
they've got a coal mine in their ground?

Unread 19-12-2011, 03:10 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
they've got a coal mine in their ground?
Ho £#%&!ing ho you cheeky @#%&!.

Unread 19-12-2011, 03:12 PM
carlosartorial

Have RAWK announced a boycott of Scotland yet?

Unread 19-12-2011, 03:14 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Hope so, I'm up there in a week r so, would be a huge bonus.

Unread 19-12-2011, 03:26 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Ho £#%&!ing ho you cheeky @#%&!.

Unread 19-12-2011, 05:41 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Closed Thread