Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-07-2012, 11:30 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by fix up look SHARPE
first player that sprung to mind for a comparison

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...-new-deal.html
jesus christ, he's done absolutely £#%&! all to be on 60k a week never mind 90k. that is bonkers.

Unread 24-07-2012, 12:59 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
jesus christ, he's done absolutely £#%&! all to be on 60k a week never mind 90k. that is bonkers.
They had to pay him shitloads to get him off City at the end of his contract.

Unread 24-07-2012, 08:18 AM
Albert Tatlock

When pip neville left he was on 50K/week

Ok he was older and more established, but that was a while ago so 60K for a player that is good now and will become a fantastic player, is for me at least, the right level of renumeration

Unread 24-07-2012, 08:25 AM
Pop

Can see him signing and then getting injured for two years shortly after.

Unread 24-07-2012, 08:57 AM
borsuk

supposedly a deal was agreed back in april at £45k/week, if the lad's agent wants to go back on that on the back of a good euros then you can understand the club saying they've already agreed a deal.

anyway, i think they should just pay him the 60k. he'll be united's first-choice striker in two years imo.

Unread 24-07-2012, 09:10 AM
Harri Jaffa

Big season for wellers - Still plenty to prove imho...

Unread 24-07-2012, 09:12 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
supposedly a deal was agreed back in april at £45k/week, if the lad's agent wants to go back on that on the back of a good euros then you can understand the club saying they've already agreed a deal.

anyway, i think they should just pay him the 60k. he'll be united's first-choice striker in two years imo.
So why wasn't it signed? I'd not heard that, just that negotiations have been stalled.

Unread 24-07-2012, 09:15 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
When was Welbeck on loan at Preston?

edit: remember now, he got crocked and barely played.
Is this the forum equivalent of talking to yourself?

Unread 24-07-2012, 09:25 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
So why wasn't it signed? I'd not heard that, just that negotiations have been stalled.
there were reports that a deal was agreed. just papers, so it could be rubbish, but if one side was leaking you'd expect the other to deny it if it wasn't true.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/footbal...nited-contract

and supposedly

http://m.talksport.co.uk/sports-news...ed-deal-177007

Unread 24-07-2012, 09:33 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
there were reports that a deal was agreed. just papers, so it could be rubbish, but if one side was leaking you'd expect the other to deny it if it wasn't true.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/footbal...nited-contract

and supposedly

http://m.talksport.co.uk/sports-news...ed-deal-177007
Hmmmmmm. I think we can state with some certainty that goal.com got that wrong.

The latter seemingly is closer, that there were negotiations, which it seems haven't gone anywhere since.

Unread 24-07-2012, 10:04 AM
Tumescent Throb

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
When pip neville left he was on 50K/week

Ok he was older and more established, but that was a while ago so 60K for a player that is good now and will become a fantastic player, is for me at least, the right level of renumeration
tbf Phil Neville had won 6 league titles and 2 FA Cups at United by the time he left. Sturridge has won nothing, or had won nothing anyway.

that was 7 years ago I suppose, but even so, judging by what borsuk typed anyway, United offered Welbeck 45k a week, which implies that that is the going rate at United. Fair enough, he's broken into the England set-up fwiw, but all he's won is 1 League Cup.

Wtf happened to earning your money, confirming your potential by actually doing it on the pitch over a period of time, and then getting your rewards with an improved deal or a new contract?

Unread 24-07-2012, 10:06 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
tbf Phil Neville had won 6 league titles and 2 FA Cups at United by the time he left. Sturridge has won nothing, or had won nothing anyway.

that was 7 years ago I suppose, but even so, judging by what borsuk typed anyway, United offered Welbeck 45k a week, which implies that that is the going rate at United. Fair enough, he's broken into the England set-up fwiw, but all he's won is 1 League Cup.

Wtf happened to earning your money, confirming your potential by actually doing it on the pitch over a period of time, and then getting your rewards with an improved deal or a new contract?
............jumpers for goalposts....................

Unread 24-07-2012, 10:07 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:

So agree on 50K with a review in 12 months time.

If he bags 25 goals (in all comps) then he gets the 60K, otherwise not

Unread 24-07-2012, 10:15 AM
Frayzee

Quote:

Is it your money

Unread 24-07-2012, 11:12 AM
forwardirektion

Quote:

If we do that he'll have 24 goals and fergie will drop him for the last 4 games

Unread 24-07-2012, 11:15 AM
red @rmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion

Unread 24-07-2012, 12:57 PM
Dr Gonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
( or play him in goal )

Unread 24-07-2012, 07:39 PM
rafabio

if you want to keep top players (in our case average ones), we have to pay them the going rate. if we don't pay 60k to welbeck someone else will.

Unread 24-07-2012, 07:40 PM
forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
if you want to keep top players (in our case average ones), we have to pay them the going rate. if we don't pay 60k to welbeck someone else will.
But he can still play for United?
Closed Thread