United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-03-2012, 05:49 AM
Crumps

Anyone advocating his signing for us puzzles me slightly as our main problem has been ball retention, controlling the game properly in a positive manner and linking the midfield and attack. He's not going to help at all with that, no more so than a half fit Fletcher and a 19 year old who's played here there and everywhere anyway.

On the extremely rare occasion Ando is on blob he's twice the player he is too (in every way)

Unread 03-03-2012, 06:36 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
He's just about above average and his work ethic makes him stand out. A player who's main role is to allow better players around him to play. No vision, no imagination, hard working which has been the epitome of the England team for some time. I have noticed a correlation IRL between those who rate Parker and slag Carrick off.

Gatttuso at his peak was on a different planet to him. Rino had a belting right foot too.

Spurs is about his level in terms that he's a good foil for Modric.
Fair point on Carrick/Parker, Im a Carrick fan by the way but I know which one of the 2 Id stick in the team at Anfield.

Gattuso was a world class player, Parker is not (someone quote that with a cheeser or rollseyes and sarcy comment) but the point I was making was what Gattuso's game mainly consisted of. Aggression, power, hard work, determinaton etc.

Tbh I think a lot on here go overboard because Parker won the player of the year last season. fwiw it was Vidic's year for me but there you have it.

Unread 03-03-2012, 06:53 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Fair point on Carrick/Parker, Im a Carrick fan by the way but I know which one of the 2 Id stick in the team at Anfield.

Gattuso was a world class player, Parker is not (someone quote that with a cheeser or rollseyes and sarcy comment) but the point I was making was what Gattuso's game mainly consisted of. Aggression, power, hard work, determinaton etc.

Tbh I think a lot on here go overboard because Parker won the player of the year last season. fwiw it was Vidic's year for me but there you have it.
Gattuso was very capable techically but it wasn't his role at Milan. Thought Hargreaves would end up being our version of him tbh due to the similarities in their game and us playing 3 in the middle, (Carrick - Pirlo, Urly @#%&! - Rino and Scholes followed by his heir apparent Ando as Seedorf) both pretty adept wide players anywhere on the right too, minus the mental streak off course.

Bloody loved Rino, was convinced we were gonna get him but we just had a good old fashioned look instead I think. "His bird is Scottish, he speaks English, his sister in law is on GMTV, nailed on this one" Always spoke highly of us too.

Unread 03-03-2012, 06:57 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Gattuso was very capable techically but it wasn't his role at Milan. Thought Hargreaves would end up being our version of him tbh due to the similarities in their game and us playing 3 in the middle, (Carrick - Pirlo, Urly @#%&! - Rino and Scholes followed by his heir apparent Ando as Seedorf) both pretty adept wide players anywhere on the right too, minus the mental streak off course.

Bloody loved Rino, was convinced we were gonna get him but we just had a good old fashioned look instead I think. "His bird is Scottish, he speaks English, his sister in law is on GMTV, nailed on this one" Always spoke highly of us too.
Wasnt he offering reds out from the dugout after Rooneys winner in 07?

Unread 03-03-2012, 07:06 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Wasnt he offering reds out from the dugout after Rooneys winner in 07?
Don't remember tbh, think I may have been a little bt drunk, el vino and all that. Sounds like something he'd do.

Unread 03-03-2012, 08:17 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Don't remember tbh, think I may have been a little bt drunk, el vino and all that. Sounds like something he'd do.
was on RI after the match, apparantly a few fans were gooning at him big style and he lost his shit

Unread 04-03-2012, 02:15 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Rumour flying about on Twitter than both Smalling and Valencia have travelled.

Doubt it very much but you never know.

Unread 04-03-2012, 02:35 AM
r0ckcold

is bale out of the match?

Unread 04-03-2012, 03:05 AM
Prideofalleurope

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Rumour flying about on Twitter than both Smalling and Valencia have travelled.

Doubt it very much but you never know.
Praying Big Tony makes it
Closed Thread