United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-12-2011, 05:58 PM
Bunker Buster

Had this in my head all day.........

Unread 20-12-2011, 09:57 AM
dunk

£#%&!ing hell :shakehead: 5 Live this morning, debate by 2 phone guests on this issue, a guy from Scotland speaking in favour of safe terraces for about 5-10% of a grounds capacity, against, a scouse woman called Margaret who sounded like she smoked 70 a day :shakehead:

5 minutes it lasted, the woman needs locking up.

'We've not seen any disasters since Hillsborough and we don't ever want to see any'

'I will listen to his opinion, as we all have one, but WE won't be swayed'

'Who's going to take responsibility for the people standing? There were 96 deaths that no-one has taken responsibility for. Who is responsible for those 96 lives that were taken'

Refused to put any stock in the new technology argument, dismissed Germany's safe standing saying 'that's Germany, I can't comment, I'm interested in the lives of people in England' :shakehead:

It was £#%&!ing awful

Felt sorry for the Scottish guy, like talking to a £#%&!ing brick wall.

Unread 20-12-2011, 10:00 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
£#%&!ing hell :shakehead: 5 Live this morning, debate by 2 phone guests on this issue, a guy from Scotland speaking in favour of safe terraces for about 5-10% of a grounds capacity, against, a scouse woman called Margaret who sounded like she smoked 70 a day :shakehead:

'We've not seen any disasters since Hillsborough and we don't ever want to see any'

'Who's going to take responsibility for the people standing? There were 96 deaths that no-one has taken responsibility for. Who is responsible for those 96 lives that were taken'

Refused to put any stock in the new technology argument, dismissed Germany's safe standing saying 'that's Germany, I can't comment, I'm interested in the lives of people in England' :shakehead:

It was £#%&!ing awful

I don't understand why we haven't just carpet bombed Merseyside, it'd be best all round.

Unread 20-12-2011, 10:01 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I don't understand why we haven't just carpet bombed Merseyside, it'd be best all round.
agreed

Unread 20-12-2011, 10:03 AM
dunk

Quote:
Apparently it is purely the decision of the families of those that died at Hillsborough as to whether we ever have standing in this country again, and there is absolutely no chance, regardless of technology and evidence that it works because...

'while we can do nothing for those that died, we are concerned for the living and want to ensure their safety'

Throw a party in Merseyside, lure every exiled scouser back home for some sort of celebration/mourning and then Napalm the £#%&!ers.

Unread 20-12-2011, 10:04 AM
Zorg

Quote:

It was £#%&!ing awful

They have this debate about twice a year on that station and it's the same every £#%&!ing time. They NEVER address Germany's safe standing properly or even describe what it £#%&!ing looks like (the fact that each row is separated by a barrier making a crush physically impossible is never talked about) - they just mention it briefly before returning to the urgent matter of asking scousers what they think.

I can't believe these people still think they should be allowed to dictate to everyone else based on a disaster that happened 20 odd years ago in an old, crumbling piece of shit ground. It's got £#%&! all to do with them.

Gaaaaah.

Unread 20-12-2011, 10:09 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:

It was £#%&!ing awful

facking enguluuuund.

Unread 20-12-2011, 10:25 AM
irk

Quote:
never understood these carpet bombs. I can't help but think explosive bombs would be much better.

the carpet bombing of germany backfired spectacularly and, according to military historians, prolonged the war by at least six months as soldiers who had succumbed to post goose-stepping stress disorder were sent to dresden to recuperate their tired feet on the luxurious £#%&! pile axminsters that lined each and every street.

Unread 20-12-2011, 10:26 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
never understood these carpet bombs. I can't help but think explosive bombs would be much better.

the carpet bombing of germany backfired spectacularly and, according to military historians, prolonged the war by at least six months as who had succumbed to post goose-stepping stress disorder was sent to dresden to recuperate their tired feet on the luxurious £#%&! pile axminsters that lined each and every street.

Unread 20-12-2011, 10:50 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:

It was £#%&!ing awful

It's funny when the scousers get asked to comment on this issue that a) they always send a woman and b) usually a relative of someone who died at Hillsborough - thereby ensuring reasoned debate doesn't happen.

Unread 20-12-2011, 10:52 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
It's funny when the scousers get asked to comment on this issue that a) they always send a woman and b) usually a relative of someone who died at Hillsborough - thereby ensuring reasoned debate doesn't happen.
you could have omitted (b) and it would have still made sense

Unread 20-12-2011, 10:56 AM
Fountz

How about we introduce a sub clause to the amendment.

6b IV. - Clubs are asked to put forward proposals to re-introduce safe standing areas at their ground.. except Liverpool who can't be trusted.

Unread 20-12-2011, 11:06 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Surprised it didn't fall on him tbh.

Unread 20-12-2011, 11:37 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Those @#%&!s stand up all the time on the Kop.

What's the problem?
Closed Thread