Smalling
Vidic
Evra
Nani
Carrick
Fletcher
Young

Rooney

*Yeah, i typed Vanilla instead of Villa and it's really funny, if you don't think so, £#%&! off and set fire to your head.

Unread 02-12-2011, 09:05 AM
MUFC One Love

Hopefully Morrison will be on the bench. Morrison did well when he came on, on Wednesday his touch and passing on the edge of the box was brilliant. With Cleverley being out we have missed the short passing around the edge of the box.

Unread 02-12-2011, 09:08 AM
Gruber

Gay Boy

Smallers Rio Vida Evra

Young Jones Carrick Nani

Pea Rooney

Unread 02-12-2011, 09:23 AM
TheNew

Not going to pick a team but as I'm going to my first away of the year you can guarantee we won't win.

Kill me now.

Unread 02-12-2011, 09:26 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Hopefully Morrison will be on the bench. Morrison did well when he came on, on Wednesday his touch and passing on the edge of the box was brilliant. With Cleverley being out we have missed the short passing around the edge of the box.
Be nice to see him in the same side (eventually) with Cleverley, Rooney, Nani, Young, Chich. Times on Wednesday when there wasn't many on his wavelength when he had the ball.

Unread 02-12-2011, 09:28 AM
antonin jablonsky

We are lacking a creative attacking midfielder. With Clevers injured, Ravel is the best option we have so he should play. I think he'd do well in a more experienced team.

Unread 02-12-2011, 09:28 AM
Tiberian

The big decision is over midfield. Does Fergie hold Giggs back for the Basle game and go with Fletcher against Villa? Unlikely that either Fletcher or Giggs can play 2 effective games in a short time but with Carrick suspended for the European tie it looks highly likely that one of them will have to.

Unread 02-12-2011, 09:31 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
The big decision is over midfield. Does Fergie hold Giggs back for the Basle game and go with Fletcher against Villa? Unlikely that either Fletcher or Giggs can play 2 effective games in a short time but with Carrick suspended for the European tie it looks highly likely that one of them will have to.
Tbh we should just pick our best team, we'll likely go out in Basle anyway so we might as well try and get our league form sorted.

Unread 02-12-2011, 09:48 AM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Tbh we should just pick our best team, we'll likely go out in Basle anyway so we might as well try and get our league form sorted.
I would be very surprised if Utd go out against Basle. They have a decent attacking threat, but at the time Utd played them the Utd defence was a mess, very open in midfield and showed a lack of focus.

Basle have to attack and they are quite open defensively. Utd have either not been able or chosen to not play the strongest available side in the whole European Campaign so far, Valencia has started every game so far for instance.

It is a very important game though so I expect some surprises in selection for the Villa game.

Unread 02-12-2011, 09:51 AM
PaulParkers

Crapid The Gay

Jones
Smaller
Vidic
Evra

Nani
Carrick
Morrison
Young

Rooney
Pea

At least we'd lose trying

Unread 02-12-2011, 09:51 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I would be very surprised if Utd go out against Basle. They have a decent attacking threat, but at the time Utd played them the Utd defence was a mess, very open in midfield and showed a lack of focus.

Basle have to attack and they are quite open defensively. Utd have either not been able or chosen to not play the strongest available side in the whole European Campaign so far, Valencia has started every game so far for instance.

It is a very important game though so I expect some surprises in selection for the Villa game.
Carrick will be a big miss out in Basle, been holding our midfield together recently.

Unread 02-12-2011, 10:06 AM
Tiberian

Quote:
Carrick will be a big miss out in Basle, been holding our midfield together recently.
Gets a lot of unfair stick. He had a bad year after the Rome final but came on strong in the second half of last season and has probably been the most consistent midfielder at the club since he joined.

Some might say that second part in an indictment of the midfield though.

Unread 02-12-2011, 10:09 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Gets a lot of unfair stick. He had a bad year after the Rome final but came on strong in the second half of last season and has probably been the most consistent midfielder at the club since he joined.

Some might say that second part in an indictment of the midfield though.
He'd be really good if we could get some better players around him.

Unread 02-12-2011, 10:21 AM
Ginners

de gay

smalling
jones
vidic
fryers

young
carrick
morrison
nani

rooney
pea

we'll probably end up with gibson park and valenica all playing tho.

Unread 02-12-2011, 10:21 AM
Sloane

i doubt morrison will make the squad

Unread 02-12-2011, 10:22 AM
dunk

DdG

Jones
Rio
Vidic
Evra

Nani
Carrick
Gibson
Young

Rooney
Hernandez

Unread 02-12-2011, 10:23 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
i doubt morrison will make the squad
Almost certainly not, which would be very wrongheaded indeed.

Unread 02-12-2011, 10:23 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
DdG

Jones
Rio
Vidic
Evra

Nani
Carrick
Gibson
Young

Rooney
Hernandez

Oh ffs.

Unread 02-12-2011, 10:27 AM
dunk

Quote:
Oh ffs.
I know.

Unread 02-12-2011, 10:30 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I know.
Pick the team you want then, instead of that shit.
Closed Thread