United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 23-09-2021, 02:50 AM
shenwen

So we played our reserve team and got beat. No big deal. better that stretching this out until we inevitably get beaten by City.

Positives were DVB showing that while that may not be his best position, he still plays it better than Fred. Martial showing yet again why he shouldn't be at the club. And...that's about it.

Need Sancho to get into gear now if we're being honest. Early days, obviously, but expected him to show more.

Unread 23-09-2021, 04:34 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
So we played our reserve team and got beat. No big deal. better that stretching this out until we inevitably get beaten by City.

Positives were DVB showing that while that may not be his best position, he still plays it better than Fred. Martial showing yet again why he shouldn't be at the club. And...that's about it.

Need Sancho to get into gear now if we're being honest. Early days, obviously, but expected him to show more.
Jeeez

Unread 23-09-2021, 05:05 AM
saffers

What did he just say?

Unread 23-09-2021, 06:11 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
You’re the coach FFS… you’re supposed to cater for things like that.

Jesus Christ. Thanks for pointing out what we’ve all been aware of this last two years.

Unread 23-09-2021, 06:12 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
"Low block".

"Let me tell you how to beat us..."

Unread 23-09-2021, 07:31 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Jeeez
Well it's happened twice in the previous two seasons. If we'd have beaten WH, I'd have put money on it happening again. Three in three.

No idea what's controversial about that

Unread 23-09-2021, 07:33 AM
MUFC One Love

We have Villa Saturday early kick off, Villareal Wednesday then Everton next Satursay early kick off. He knows he needs the main lads for them 3.

Should have had 1-2 more of the main players on the bench last night though.

Unread 23-09-2021, 07:38 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
one shit pass.

d.on played ok, but dm is not and never will be his position.

I refer you to my previous post.
id suggest watch again

Unread 23-09-2021, 08:38 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
He’s right in what he says but the question is what is he and the coaching staff going to do to rectify this issue on the training ground

There should be more structure to our attacking play other than leaving it to our players to figure it out on the pitch

Unread 23-09-2021, 08:45 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
He’s right in what he says but the question is what is he and the coaching staff going to do to rectify this issue on the training ground

There should be more structure to our attacking play other than leaving it to our players to figure it out on the pitch
If he’s just identified it as our issue then what the £#%&! has he been doing for the past 2 years? And if he’s known all along where we struggle, why has nothing been done to counter that?

Unread 23-09-2021, 08:48 AM
dinger

Quote:
Thats where the coaching bit of your job comes in Ole.........ffs man

Unread 23-09-2021, 09:01 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Well it's happened twice in the previous two seasons. If we'd have beaten WH, I'd have put money on it happening again. Three in three.

No idea what's controversial about that
Might as well get knocked out before we play a better team?

Man United?

Absolute apologist guff.

and you have the gall to throw me a

christ.

Unread 23-09-2021, 09:07 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Might as well get knocked out before we play a better team?

Man United?

Absolute apologist guff.

and you have the gall to throw me a

christ.
Are you feeling okay? Has that earthquake given you a knock on the head? . My point was that going out of this cup is no big deal. We tried as we should have with a second-string team. We failed. We'll get over it. I've made the point elsewhere I would rather we stayed in, as long as it was for reserve players. The city reference was just to highlight where throwing our all into a minor cup has left us in previous seasons. Out but with a more stretched and tired squad.

Unread 23-09-2021, 09:15 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
id suggest watch again
god, no.

Unread 23-09-2021, 09:27 AM
Sparky***

Quote:

Smithers, I'm beginning to think that Homer Simpson was not the brilliant tactician I thought he was.

Unread 23-09-2021, 10:10 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Are you feeling okay? Has that earthquake given you a knock on the head? . My point was that going out of this cup is no big deal. We tried as we should have with a second-string team. We failed. We'll get over it. I've made the point elsewhere I would rather we stayed in, as long as it was for reserve players. The city reference was just to highlight where throwing our all into a minor cup has left us in previous seasons. Out but with a more stretched and tired squad.

That’s quite a bit different to your actual statement, better to go out now the inevitably get beaten by City further on.

Unread 23-09-2021, 10:14 AM
dunk

Massive overreaction for a change

Unread 23-09-2021, 10:18 AM
Stickman

Good place this

Unread 23-09-2021, 12:38 PM
Neo

Thumbs down

Let's be honest, it's an awful result.

A midweek, night game, Cup match under the floodlights of a packed Old Trafford, and we didn't even score. Despite the high number of 'attempts', I can't think of a gilt-edge chance we created.

We can talk about it being a second-string, but these lads have just as much to play for in terms of pushing for a starting XI spot, and West Ham also left out arguably their two best players in Rice and Antonio.

Obviously the Carabao Cup is far from the priority, but it's still a Cup, and we need to be winning any type of silverware ASAP, especially after the circus that we witnessed in the Europa League Final last season.

Very disappointed, tbh, and I'm growing a tad concerned at the lack of control we have on games, and identity in our play. It's all very slapdash, and last night was a striking example when we basically just thought "shit, it's not working again, stick Mason and Bruno on, and let's hope they rescue us with a moment of magic".

Need a big reaction at the weekend.

Unread 23-09-2021, 12:47 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Let's be honest, it's an awful result.

A midweek, night game, Cup match under the floodlights of a packed Old Trafford, and we didn't even score. Despite the high number of 'attempts', I can't think of a gilt-edge chance we created.

We can talk about it being a second-string, but these lads have just as much to play for in terms of pushing for a starting XI spot, and West Ham also left out arguably their two best players in Rice and Antonio.

Obviously the Carabao Cup is far from the priority, but it's still a Cup, and we need to be winning any type of silverware ASAP, especially after the circus that we witnessed in the Europa League Final last season.

Very disappointed, tbh, and I'm growing a tad concerned at the lack of control we have on games, and identity in our play. It's all very slapdash, and last night was a striking example when we basically just thought "shit, it's not working again, stick Mason and Bruno on, and let's hope they rescue us with a moment of magic".

Need a big reaction at the weekend.
Bang on. Obviously in Top Red Top Trumps you have to blind yourself to reality, but these performances are becoming a trend regardless of the team we put out.