United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-02-2021, 08:34 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
I think they couldn’t get anyone else. It was a shit window in general and they don’t have the financial pull. That and they were the greatest team of all time , so obviously they didn’t need to sign anyone.

Sky sports were actually debating the treble team to the scousers
Didn’t they end up getting more players in too?

Mane over Giggs. You know, Ryan £#%&!ing Giggs.

Unread 20-02-2021, 08:34 PM
elhombre

Quote:
I think they couldn’t get anyone else. It was a shit window in general and they don’t have the financial pull. That and they were the greatest team of all time , so obviously they didn’t need to sign anyone.

absolutely bonkers.

Unread 20-02-2021, 08:35 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
A manager's vanity are why liverpool are doing so badly imo. They could've walked the league signing someone like kante or ndidi but he went for thiago.
Plenty of people thought it was a good signing at the time tbf, including some on here - no names, no pack drill

Unread 20-02-2021, 08:35 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
absolutely bonkers.
Which is why this downfall is all the more sweeter.

Unread 20-02-2021, 08:36 PM
armchair

Always felt we missed out on Coleman.

nick henry

Sparky***

Quote:

They have to do that though, it's just sensationalism. They have to make out that they're the best team ever because the alternative would be having to admit that Liverpool pissed the league because it's now largely full of average teams that are just happy to be there.

All these record points numbers being posted up surely must mean they're the best ever? Not that our league's competitiveness has completely been eroded through greed and money. Nah.

Unread 20-02-2021, 08:38 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
They have to do that though, it's just sensationalism. They have to make out that they're the best team ever because the alternative would be having to admit that Liverpool pissed the league because it's now largely full of average teams that are just happy to be there.
No doubt it’s Man City’s turn now. Until they get kicked out the champions league. They seem to always peak a bit early and I can see them getting kicked out.

Unread 20-02-2021, 08:38 PM
red in cumbria

United only got 79 points when winning the league in 1998/99 - the case rests

Unread 20-02-2021, 08:40 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:

All these record points numbers being posted up surely must mean they're the best ever? Not that our league's competitiveness has completely been eroded through greed and money. Nah.
I said this to a colleague at work and he was having none of it . I admitted the scousers played miles better than anyone else last season, but only because the league was so shite.

I don’t care how many injuries, good title winning teams would have challenged the following year. I’m sure we went about 3-4 seasons having injuries left right and center during Ferguson’s reign late on and still challenged/ won the league.

Unread 20-02-2021, 08:40 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
United only got 79 points when winning the league in 1998/99 - the case rests
Tough league innit.

Unread 20-02-2021, 08:42 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
No doubt it’s Man City’s turn now. Until they get kicked out the champions league. They seem to always peak a bit early and I can see them getting kicked out.
Definitely a few sightings of this take in the last week or two.

Unread 20-02-2021, 08:45 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Definitely a few sightings of this take in the last week or two.
In a way it’s good, they’ll believe their own hype and go bust. It’s how the cycle works. Might put pressure on them and take it off our own .

Unread 20-02-2021, 08:48 PM
Sparky***

I saw some of Burnley v West Brom today and i honestly couldn't tell you who any of the players on the pitch were. All like carbon copies of generic players of average ability, tattoo sleeves, all buzzing about doing nothing of any sort of note.

Remember the days when you'd have Juninho, Ravanelli and £#%&!ing Paolo di canio in sides that were fighting the drop?

Remember the days when Dion Dublin finished top scorer in the premier league playing for £#%&!ing Coventry. He'd probably be sat on Man city's bench these £#%&!ing days.

Unread 20-02-2021, 08:51 PM
Tronics

sometimes i wonder about our player recruitment...

watching that game back i can confidently say Michael Keane is better than Lindelof and probably on the same level as Maguire ffs

Tom Davies looks a proper player too, very impressive performance from him

Unread 20-02-2021, 09:04 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
I saw some of Burnley v West Brom today and i honestly couldn't tell you who any of the players on the pitch were. All like carbon copies of generic players of average ability, tattoo sleeves, all buzzing about doing nothing of any sort of note.

Remember the days when you'd have Juninho, Ravanelli and f***ing Paolo di canio in sides that were fighting the drop?

Remember the days when Dion Dublin finished top scorer in the premier league playing for f***ing Coventry. He'd probably be sat on Man city's bench these f***ing days.
State of football . (Or I’m getting old) But you could name 3 to 4 top players in each position . Now I bet you can’t get past one world class RB or LB

Unread 20-02-2021, 09:09 PM
AK14

Unread 20-02-2021, 09:10 PM
Switching Off

Unread 20-02-2021, 09:10 PM
Cream

Quote:

Remember the days when you'd have Juninho, Ravanelli and £#%&!ing Paolo di canio in sides that were fighting the drop?

Remember the days when Dion Dublin finished top scorer in the premier league playing for £#%&!ing Coventry. He'd probably be sat on Man city's bench these £#%&!ing days.
Didn’t you hear?

Teams have a lot more money these days and aren’t in a position to sell. Premier League never been more open!

Unread 20-02-2021, 09:11 PM
Fat Al

I'd love to see Big Dunc chin that goofy @#%&!. Teeth £#%&!ing everywhere!
Closed Thread