United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:54 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShooterMcGavin
Almunia was so close to him, he really had to put it round him. In fact, if he'd put it even an inch further to the right, it would have hit the keeper.

He probably should have scored but he did exactly the right thing. Sometimes its just unlucky.

Showing absolutely no technique when Ronaldo has put across the perfect pass, on the other hand, is totally inexcusable and typical of English players today.

And let's just forget about the volley from 20 yards. These aren't pub players, they have to hit the target.
Give it a rest you £#%&!ing #@&%!.

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:54 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShooterMcGavin
Almunia was so close to him, he really had to put it round him. In fact, if he'd put it even an inch further to the right, it would have hit the keeper.

He probably should have scored but he did exactly the right thing. Sometimes its just unlucky.

Showing absolutely no technique when Ronaldo has put across the perfect pass, on the other hand, is totally inexcusable and typical of English players today.

And let's just forget about the volley from 20 yards. These aren't pub players, they have to hit the target.
Are you thiago?

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:55 PM
Sloppy

Someones trying too hard.

Unread 08-11-2008, 05:06 PM
celtbion

Anderson was outstanding for the first half hour or so.

That he faded so badly thereafter says a lot about his fitness.

Oh, he's missed pre-season but he's had time to pick up the slack now if he was arsed.

Disappointing because I'm a major fan.

Unread 08-11-2008, 05:19 PM
Withers

I think Shooter is going to fill the marlo void quite nicely.

Unread 08-11-2008, 05:33 PM
Part 36 Offer

Anderson was poor today.

Doesn't look fit and jogged about all day. Didn't track the runners and left Carrick to do all the work.

Unread 08-11-2008, 05:36 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Anderson was poor today.

Doesn't look fit and jogged about all day. Didn't track the runners and left Carrick to do all the work.

Not just me then.

Unread 08-11-2008, 05:41 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Withered Hand
I think Shooter is going to fill the marlo void quite nicely.
Marlos good at wums.This guys just chatting shit.

Unread 08-11-2008, 05:45 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

Not just me then.
It's all Berba's fault apparently.:shakehead:

Rafael won more tackles in ten minutes than Anderson did all game. I just expect more of him. The young lad Rafael was the only one who showed some spirit and fight, aside from Park. That is not good enough.

We lost to an Arsenal side that have their worst defence in 15 years. They will be nowhere near the title race imo. We have to start taking our chances and stop not winning games that we dominate in terms of possession. Id rather get outplayed and well beaten.

There are two or three players in our squad that are untouchable in many people's eyes in terms of criticism. It's all well and good slagging Gary Neville to the high heavens but Anderson dominated the midfield at the emirates last year. His performance today offered nothing aside from the first 20 mins of the first half.

I don't enjoy pointing the finger at all but we should have never been beaten by that shower of shite today. Half of their team had played together only once or twice before ffs.

Unread 08-11-2008, 05:45 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
£#%&!ing £#%&!, I'm afraid.
Honestly whats your problem with him, you are always hating on him.
He played pretty well today, didn't see anything to suggest he's £#%&!.

Unread 08-11-2008, 05:55 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Honestly whats your problem with him, you are always hating on him.
He played pretty well today, didn't see anything to suggest he's £#%&!.
That comment was aimed at Shooter, not Anderson.

Anderson was alright in the first half, ran around a bit, moved forward on occasion, got in the way and showed good strength. However, his passing was poor, particularly going forward. Of the midfield 2, he was the one charged with supplementing the attack, joining up, creating and offering a threat, he does none of those things, has shown no sign of being capable of doing any of those things and is largely a passenger in United's team as a result.

He is an attacking midfielder. Do you think he offers enough in this role to justify this label? If he is not a attacking midfielder, why is he there? I know there were no options today, but still.

Darren Fletcher played in the same manner as Anderson today, admittedly with less strength, but with the same philosophy a few years ago ad was absolutely slaughtered in most quarters. Anderson has come in and become a hero, essentially because he won a few tussles of strength against Gerrard and Fabregas last season, It's unwarranted.

Unread 08-11-2008, 06:04 PM
Coracao

Debatable whether he's in the top 4 at united, never mind the world.

Unread 08-11-2008, 06:05 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
That comment was aimed at Shooter, not Anderson.

Anderson was alright in the first half, ran around a bit, moved forward on occasion, got in the way and showed good strength. However, his passing was poor, particularly going forward. Of the midfield 2, he was the one charged with supplementing the attack, joining up, creating and offering a threat, he does none of those things, has shown no sign of being capable of doing any of those things and is largely a passenger in United's team as a result.

He is an attacking midfielder. Do you think he offers enough in this role to justify this label? If he is not a attacking midfielder, why is he there? I know there were no options today, but still.

Darren Fletcher played in the same manner as Anderson today, admittedly with less strength, but with the same philosophy a few years ago ad was absolutely slaughtered in most quarters. Anderson has come in and become a hero, essentially because he won a few tussles of strength against Gerrard and Fabregas last season, It's unwarranted.
I don't think Anderson has ever played attacking midfielder for us.

Unread 08-11-2008, 06:08 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Good job really.

Unread 08-11-2008, 06:28 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
£#%&!ing £#%&!, I'm afraid.
Hardly...

Unread 08-11-2008, 06:31 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Good first half. Tired in the second a bit.

Can be a bit draining doing the work of two players though as Carrick decided to take the day off.
Agree with this.

Quality player, will be severely world class in a couple of years.No doubt the press will be bigging up Fabregas tomorrow, who did £#%&! all against us again.

Unread 08-11-2008, 06:33 PM
dunk

Quote:
What position would you say he is playing?

Deep lying playmaker? Destroyer? Box to Box?

He is supposed to play the role Scholes once filled, and Fletcher now does, driving forward, joining up with attacks, getting in the box and providing opportunities and a goal threat. He runs about bit, holds the ball well, occasionally driving forward with the ball threatening to start attacks but always petering out due to poor pass selection or execution. He brings nothing beyond the halfway line and is nothing,ore than adequate in his own half, with or without the ball.

He needs to step up, but until it is accepted he is under performing it's not going to happen/

Unread 08-11-2008, 06:35 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Hardly...

Read the thread, numb nuts.

Unread 08-11-2008, 06:36 PM
Zorg

I thought Arsenal looked very, very ordinary. They huffed and puffed a lot but were just as poor as United in the second half. They'll get nowhere near the title. I just couldn't believe how lethargic United looked, especially after 60 minutes. Strolling about, no urgency until Rafael came on.

Unread 08-11-2008, 06:38 PM
Coracao

Quote:
What position would you say he is playing?

Deep lying playmaker? Destroyer? Box to Box?

He is supposed to play the role Scholes once filled, and Fletcher now does, driving forward, joining up with attacks, getting in the box and providing opportunities and a goal threat. He runs about bit, holds the ball well, occasionally driving forward with the ball threatening to start attacks but always petering out due to poor pass selection or execution. He brings nothing beyond the halfway line and is nothing,ore than adequate in his own half, with or without the ball.

He needs to step up, but until it is accepted he is under performing it's not going to happen/
If the truth be told, he is actually behind Fletcher in quite a few aspects of his game. I doubt some on here would admit to that though. However, Fletcher is more of a threat currently to the opposition than Anderson can dream of being.
Closed Thread