United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-10-2010, 07:21 PM
S/Side.Red

Default Re: Fat Brazillian wants out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Certainly would agree with the that. I thought he showed some positives against Valencia for about 30 minutes.
Strikes me as the kind of player who needs to progress mentally into a man before he'll improve.
Which is fairly reasonable. Always strikes me how many people see footballers solely as commodities. There is actually a human being there and so many of them spend the most important stage of their maturity from adolescence into adulthood away from home and under intense professional pressure. It can't be easy and some take longer than others to adapt.

Unread 13-10-2010, 07:24 PM
RedMenace

30m euros at the time according to Porto's accounts, saw an extract elsewhere. Would have been about £20m at the time I'd say. Presumably much of that was achievement based but we've probably paid most of it by now.

Unread 13-10-2010, 07:33 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
30m euros at the time according to Porto's accounts, saw an extract elsewhere. Would have been about £20m at the time I'd say. Presumably much of that was achievement based but we've probably paid most of it by now.
Saw that. A barmy fee IMO.

Unread 13-10-2010, 07:34 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
There was no need for the English tbf.

Of course, they could just refuse to give interviews...but not sure their egos would be able to handle it.
Aye, fair enough. No need. @#%&!s in general for me.

Yes, they could avoid doing interviews. I'd be £#%&!ing thrilled if they kept their mouths shut tbh.

Unread 13-10-2010, 07:37 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Aye, fair enough. No need. @#%&!s in general for me.

Yes, they could avoid doing interviews. I'd be £#%&!ing thrilled if they kept their mouths shut tbh.
Like someone said earlier it's an ego thing really isn't it. Surely at this stage they can cop that the media are there to hang them. Players don't have to be interviewed.

Unread 13-10-2010, 07:40 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Saw that. A barmy fee IMO.
He was very very highly rated at the time to be fair.

Unread 13-10-2010, 09:49 PM
rogieop

great penalty taker

Unread 13-10-2010, 10:13 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
He was very very highly rated at the time to be fair.
He was, but 30 million euros? Anyway, what's done is done.

Unread 13-10-2010, 10:20 PM
RedMenace

We all reckoned it was about £18m potentially at the time and with the exchange rate back then it wouldn't have been an awful lot more. But as you say it's done and it's about what happens now.

Unread 13-10-2010, 10:57 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Can't see Gibson going anywhere for 17m tbh.
dead right. although the glazers must be chomping. barca will no doubt be knocking on malcys door again in jan

Unread 13-10-2010, 11:04 PM
Stickman

Im desperate to see Anderson make it here. Has all the tools imo, just lacks the fitness and finesse in the final third. I still think he'll come good this season.
Closed Thread