United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-08-2009, 11:06 AM
TravellingRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
I love the Ji-Sung Park threads.

As soon as his name is mentioned, all the usual suspects jump on board venting their outrage that someone so shit can play for United.

It's just a shame sharath/berba is banned because as sure as night follows day, he'd be wishing serious injury on him as we speak.

fwiw - Park is a good squad player. In my humble opinion of course. Definitely worth keeping.
What he said.

Unread 27-08-2009, 11:09 AM
Switching Off

Clearly nobody saw the charity shield

Park can play a certain role and play it well. Wouldn't play him every week but he has his uses and is a valuable member of the squad.

Unread 27-08-2009, 12:26 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
I can forgive the absolute top performers, the game changers, being on mega-bucks ( although even they're on far far too much ) .. but the problem is the whole base of the pyramid then think they're worth not far short and they're ones in sheer numbers alone who make up the bulk of the wage bill.
the problem I have with this argument is that no-one complains about this scenario when it's played out day after day year after year in the employment market. the entertainment industry is what it is.

as for Park himself, he's a cracking player and fully deserves a new contract, of course. is he worth £1.75m a year? Of course not. Is anyone? Of course not.

Unread 27-08-2009, 12:55 PM
PaulParkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
It makes me laugh, Tevez was lauded for what Park does, and let's be honest., Tevez only had a bit more of a goal threat, and you'd expect that considering Tevez was a striker. If Tevez got 1 on 1 with an opposition player did you fancy him to beat him and make something happen? Did you £#%&!. Tevez was slower than Park
Tit

Unread 27-08-2009, 01:04 PM
Stickman

Park gets way too much hate from some of our so called...

Valuable squad member.

Unread 05-05-2010, 11:02 AM
Appletango

Default Re: Ji-Sung Park's rumoured new contract

He's not as bad as some make out, still shouldn't be playing more than 10 games a season in the first team.

Unread 05-05-2010, 11:09 AM
Whip Hubley

why bother raging about what footballers are paid anymore? park being on 65k a week is no more or less outrageous than 90% of the rest of the premierships wages.

If I didn't love united and pay specifically to watch them, here are the players I'd call 'value for money' in the premiership:

erm. i'm struggling there tbh.

point being football is not worth what we pay for it. so if you are moaning, stop going, or if you don't go, stop moaning.

Unread 05-05-2010, 11:14 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Still better than that useless fat @#%&! Anderson

Unread 05-05-2010, 11:16 AM
PaulParkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
Still better than that useless fat @#%&! Anderson
true

Unread 05-05-2010, 11:18 AM