United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-08-2020, 08:11 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Presume nobody buys this stuff but at least our warm up jacket looks ok

The top means the players wont wanna unzip it.

Anthem Jacket? Anthem Jacket? £#%&!ing hell.

Unread 05-08-2020, 08:16 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
To be worn while the CL anthem plays

Unread 05-08-2020, 08:19 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Dont you have a jacket to wear during the anthem?

You'd look silly wearing your warm up top without it because you need your match top to look fresh. The half time pullover is another essential because the matching full time interview casual wear has to follow.

Give it a few years and the players will come out onto the pitch in a £#%&!ing silk dressing gown like a boxer.

Unread 05-08-2020, 10:06 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Something I never previously knew existed, and it was probably better off that way.

Unread 05-08-2020, 10:19 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Something I never previously knew existed, and it was probably better off that way.
You'd kneel in it anyway !

Unread 05-08-2020, 10:23 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:

Unread 05-08-2020, 10:34 PM
red in cumbria

Thumbs up

Quote:
Can't argue with that tbf

Unread 05-08-2020, 11:41 PM
Lok

I was bored one day.

Unread 05-08-2020, 11:45 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok

I was bored one day.
Thats great. Send it in ffs they'll do that ( minus the sponsor next year dohhh )

Unread 06-08-2020, 12:38 AM
ray jackson

Quote:
Yeah im thinking of the baby kits ( they used to not have sponsors on them ).
I think my kit was just tucked into the shorts to hide Sharp.
Looks like a snide market rip off job, your Gran got the knitting needles out for those badges after Grandad brought that shite home nqat.

Unread 06-08-2020, 12:47 AM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray jackson
Looks like a snide market rip off job, your Gran got the knitting needles out for those badges after Grandad brought that shite home nqat.
No it was deffo legit. I dont think they had fake shit then did they? Our crest looked wonky as £#%&! back then compared to todays...

Unread 06-08-2020, 12:58 AM
ray jackson

Quote:
No it was deffo legit. I dont think they had fake shit then did they? Our crest looked wonky as f*** back then compared to todays...
Probably, fake shit goes back years. The snides had those fluffy brand logos on the sleeves nailed since time began, cheetham hill market was rocking with those.

Looks like they got you real socks though for 2 quid. Worrying Epstein styled brown bed overthrow, a very "keep him happy" kind of vibe.

Unread 06-08-2020, 10:10 AM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray jackson
Probably, fake shit goes back years. The snides had those fluffy brand logos on the sleeves nailed since time began, cheetham hill market was rocking with those.

Looks like they got you real socks though for 2 quid. Worrying Epstein styled brown bed overthrow, a very "keep him happy" kind of vibe.
No it will be real but they will have got it basically free. My now brother in law worked at the ADIDAS warehouse. I got all the kits, balls etc free because staff got faults for next to nothing. What they'd do is stanleyknife the size -label on the inner neck, and then they'd get their discount on it.

Best thing was when we changed to Umbro, he had started work for them.

I also got other teams kits, including a green one i was bragging to my mates about being some top Spanish team.....an older friend said its £#%&!ing Scottish as the shirt was Hibernians.

Used to get some great footballs too if they had the ink slightly smudged etc. Adidas tango was my fave.

Our market never sold fakes, just shit brands like Gola, Pony, naf naf & joe blogs.

Unread 06-08-2020, 10:31 AM
suedeshoes

Confirmed. Got all my kits 82 to 85 from Newton Heath Market with the labels cut in half.

The first few years of sponsorship saw the word 'SHARP last about 3 washes before the letters peeled off. Still got a 83 away shirt sponsored by S A P.

Unread 06-08-2020, 12:12 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Confirmed. Got all my kits 82 to 85 from Newton Heath Market with the labels cut in half.

The first few years of sponsorship saw the word 'SHARP last about 3 washes before the letters peeled off. Still got a 83 away shirt sponsored by S A P.
nostalgia reds

Unread 06-08-2020, 01:04 PM
Ethers

I didn’t have a kit until I was about 8, I got some official socks when I was about 5 though. Absolutely massive on me but I’d wear them all the time.

Just ordered the new shirt for my kids on a whim, £#%&! me, £40 for a baby kit that he’ll grow out of in 3 months, what the £#%&! was I thinking

Unread 06-08-2020, 01:15 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
I didn’t have a kit until I was about 8, I got some official socks when I was about 5 though. Absolutely massive on me but I’d wear them all the time.

Just ordered the new shirt for my kids on a whim, £#%&! me, £40 for a baby kit that he’ll grow out of in 3 months, what the £#%&! was I thinking
Yeah but imagine how top it will look when he's 18 and you pull that out. Plus when we've won out 9th european cup and he gets called a glory supporter, he can whip out a pic of him in it as a baby when we were shit.

Im waiting until the Chevy deal is done before i get Teddy one.

Unread 06-08-2020, 04:42 PM
tatty

Unread 06-08-2020, 04:51 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Yeah but imagine how top it will look when he's 18 and you pull that out. Plus when we've won out 9th european cup and he gets called a glory supporter, he can whip out a pic of him in it as a baby when we were shit.

Im waiting until the Chevy deal is done before i get Teddy one.
Yup, my lad's 2 and he's got about 5 kits already. I just buy last season's kit as they drop the pricing, my grandson will be the #@&%! of the walk in about 30 years time.

Unread 15-08-2020, 09:13 AM
ScarFace

Our away shirt pic launch are on a bus....i presume the home kit really was based on bus seats then....

Closed Thread