United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-05-2020, 09:31 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
They will allow 5 subs per team per game while this happens backed by FIFA for the welfare of players.

Oh the £#%&!ing irony.
Kind of undermines all the talk about it being completely safe to play.

Unread 08-05-2020, 09:43 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Kind of undermines all the talk about it being completely safe to play.
Yep. Surely the risk of just 1 person connected with this catching it and dying must make them think it’s not right, even if it’s not a player, say a kitman.

£#%&!in Bonkers.

Unread 09-05-2020, 12:05 PM
Stickman

5 subs per game you say? Sounds like a different match format to me.

Best start engraving that asterisk.

Unread 09-05-2020, 12:16 PM
magic_cantona

There's going to be so many enforced changes that it just won't be Premier League football. It'll be like a 'Premier League Temporary' version that the Scousers will eventually be awarded. I still honestly believe that the whole push to get it on is still more voracious because it's 'theirs' (Obviously, money is a bigger concern than human life too).

I still can't and won't ever understand why the PL just can't cancel this season, null and void it and start afresh when everything is better on the virus front. It's literally the only thing that makes the most sense. We're still on for top 4, got a great chance in Europe and in the FA Cup but trying to shoehorn this in is only going to end one way. £#%&!ing #@&%!s.

Unread 09-05-2020, 01:27 PM
elhombre

Whoever was winning the league at this point - the PL/FIFA/FA would be pushing to get it started again

Nutters stating there is a pro-Liverpool conspiracy are just that - nutters.
and making out as if it's all about player's well-being - £#%&! off, we just don't want liverpool to win the league... if it was united, we'd be telling them to play the matches behind closed doors etc.

don't piss in my pockets and tell me it's raining.

Unread 09-05-2020, 01:46 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
Whoever was winning the league at this point - the PL/FIFA/FA would be pushing to get it started again

and making out as if it's all about player's well-being - £#%&! off, we just don't want liverpool to win the league... if it was united, we'd be telling them to play the matches behind closed doors etc.

Or we just dont care if the season is cancelled because its not remotely a priority and is clearly just for money reasons to fill the pockets of @#%&! owners.

Either way LFC are winning the league, cancelled or not, they'll be given it.

Just void the season, leave the table as is and start the new season a few months later than normal .

Unread 09-05-2020, 01:48 PM
MrBishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Apparently five subs per game
Think they call them U-boats over there

Unread 09-05-2020, 01:53 PM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre

Of course I don’t care about the players well being and will find it hilarious if Liverpool don’t win the league. I don’t care because we’re not involved, but I don’t believe the clamour for restarting would be as strong if it was either us or City winning it, at least not from the media.

Unread 09-05-2020, 02:04 PM
Switching Off

Still cant imagine Klopp is happy with it. He was screaming at a fan in the last game for trying to high five him. Will be interesting to see how he approaches it once they secure the title.

Unread 09-05-2020, 02:22 PM
CyrilSkeer

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they restart, allow them to get the points needed to secure it mathematically and then sack off the rest of the season. They have already shown they don't give a shit about fairness and integrity by insisting on neutral venues and threatening those who oppose them, that idea alone makes a mockery of the season and a level playing field. The challenge of completing the season is surely too big, but if at least one hurdle is cleared and it silences the whingeing scouse bastards then they will no doubt go for it.

Unread 09-05-2020, 03:00 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Or we just dont care if the season is cancelled because its not remotely a priority and is clearly just for money reasons to fill the pockets of c*** owners.

Either way LFC are winning the league, cancelled or not, they'll be given it.

Just void the season, leave the table as is and start the new season a few months later than normal .
This.

It doesn't benefit united either. We were in good form going into the break. If it's voided, it's back to the Europa.... but the idea of some rushed, water downed version, masquerading as INTEGRITY when it's just about money, is gross.

People might want football back, but this isn't football.

Unread 09-05-2020, 03:27 PM
armchair

I thought England had 4 places and city are out?

Unread 09-05-2020, 03:35 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I thought England had 4 places and city are out?
Appeal pending

Unread 09-05-2020, 05:24 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
This.

It doesn't benefit united either. We were in good form going into the break. If it's voided, it's back to the Europa.... but the idea of some rushed, water downed version, masquerading as INTEGRITY when it's just about money, is gross.

People might want football back, but this isn't football.
Yep, all this.

The government have been pushing like mad for this for some time now. That should tell you everything you need to know.

Unread 09-05-2020, 05:59 PM
Switching Off

Entire Dynamo Dresden squad and coaching staff has to isolate for 14 days. 2nd division in Germany, which was due to start next weekend.

Unread 09-05-2020, 06:06 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Entire Dynamo Dresden squad and coaching staff has to isolate for 14 days. 2nd division in Germany, which was due to start next weekend.
LoL

Unread 09-05-2020, 07:08 PM
Sapien

Quote:
They are currently bottom of division 2

Unread 10-05-2020, 10:24 AM
AK14

Unread 10-05-2020, 10:39 AM
guerreiro

Brighton based footballer catches disease shocker

Unread 10-05-2020, 10:42 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Brighton based footballer catches disease shocker
Les Dawson over here