Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Ole
PSG at Lyon tonight 8pm. Good work Ole

Unread 03-02-2019, 08:36 PM
MagnificentSeven

two points off 4th though.

who would have imagined that after the defeat at city?

Unread 03-02-2019, 09:57 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
two points off 4th though.

who would have imagined that after the defeat at city?
This x 100

People should just let that sink in.

He is doing a great job.

If we lose to Liverpool but attack them, I’m not going to rewrite history. They’re more settled than we are and are good. No shame there but as long as we fight, I’ll be cool.

Unread 03-02-2019, 10:17 PM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
This x 100

He is doing a great job.

If we lose to Liverpool but attack them, I’m not going to rewrite history. They’re more settled than we are and are good. No shame there but as long as we fight, I’ll be cool.
not sure what his tactics even are beside just playing 4-3-3 and telling the players to attack, but if that is it, then it's so beautifully simple. none of this "pragmatic" or "philosophy" %@#$&!s.

think we can and will beat liverpool. city's the dodgy one though, as we have an awful home record against them. one win in eight years now. one win and one draw. regardless of how good they've become, that's disgraceful. let's put it right under ole.

Unread 03-02-2019, 10:33 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
This x 100

He is doing a great job.

He is working with the same tools Jose had at his disposal
It’s like chalk and £#%&!ing cheese,

- he’s got us playing like United
- he’s got significantly more out of the players, presumably they are enjoying playing for Ole
- that reinforces the fact we lack quality is certain areas
- everything is better than it was, by a chuffing distance

You would only presume if some key areas were addressed recruitment wise he’d have us doing even better

He’s re-invigorated the whole club

Unread 03-02-2019, 10:42 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
We didn't do that at Spurs or Arsenal. We were measured and fully aware of who we were playing.

I think Ole has been better tactically than he's been given credit for.

He got it spot on at Spurs, killed the game with good changes at Arsenal and Newcastle.

And we saw the game out fairly well today.

His reign so far has been boiled down by many as simply telling them to go out and play. Like he's some ex player and not an actual football manager with ten years experience.

I think that suits him though and he's happy to have that side of things played down.
Totally agree. I'd even take it a step further and say the quality of our football under OGS has been overstated a little. He's definitely lifted the confidence level of pretty much all the players, but there has definitely been an element of pragmatism in the more difficult games. Today we were great for 20-25 minutes - sharp, aggressive, playing to score goals. After that it was quite a slog.

I suspect longer term he wants us to be more assertive, but right now to me he's coming across as a guy who wants to instil some of the old virtues, but more than that wants to get results.

Unread 03-02-2019, 10:52 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
not sure what his tactics even are beside just playing 4-3-3 and telling the players to attack, but if that is it, then it's so beautifully simple. none of this "pragmatic" or "philosophy" %@#$&!s.
We look to press the ball aggressively and then transition into attack quickly. Get the full backs as high up the pitch as possible and use our pace and interchangeable forwards to keep the opposition on the back foot.

You’re right in that it’s the simplicity which is the key. Football is actually a very simple game, only made to seem more complicated by the pseud #@&%!s who’ve never kicked a ball but insist on analysing every time a player scratches their arse in the hope of finding some hidden wisdom.

Unread 03-02-2019, 10:55 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Totally agree. I'd even take it a step further and say the quality of our football under OGS has been overstated a little. He's definitely lifted the confidence level of pretty much all the players, but there has definitely been an element of pragmatism in the more difficult games. Today we were great for 20-25 minutes - sharp, aggressive, playing to score goals. After that it was quite a slog.

I suspect longer term he wants us to be more assertive, but right now to me he's coming across as a guy who wants to instil some of the old virtues, but more than that wants to get results.
Completely agree mate

Unread 03-02-2019, 11:11 PM
dunk

Lukaku
Sanchez
Mata
Fred
Rojo
Darmian
Smalling
Dalot
Valencia
Pereira
The Scottish Player

That’s a lot of players offering very little. Fred and Dalot get a bit of leeway being first season/young , but the rest

That’s a shed load of money and wages weighing down the club on and off the pitch. Ditch the 9 that aren’t Dalot and Fred and replace with 5 or 6 young, hungry players and we’d be £#%&!ing flying. And that’s without upgrading the obvious weak spots in the team; CB, Young, Herrera, Lingard..

Ole is performing miracles.

Unread 03-02-2019, 11:20 PM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Lukaku
Sanchez
Mata
Fred
Rojo
Darmian
Smalling
Dalot
Valencia
Pereira
The Scottish Player

That’s a lot of players offering very little. Fred and Dalot get a bit of leeway being first season/young , but the rest

That’s a shed load of money and wages weighing down the club on and off the pitch. Ditch the 9 that aren’t Dalot and Fred and replace with 5 or 6 young, hungry players and we’d be £#%&!ing flying. And that’s without upgrading the obvious weak spots in the team; CB, Young, Herrera, Lingard..

amen

Unread 03-02-2019, 11:24 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Lukaku
Sanchez
Mata
Fred
Rojo
Darmian
Smalling
Dalot
Valencia
Pereira
The Scottish Player

Agreed but he's going to have to trust some of those players over the coming weeks, particularly in midfield. We can't get through every match with Herrera, Pogba and Matic, at the very least they will get fatigued and be easy to nullify. We need to rotate at Fulham as we wont get many more chances to this month.

Unread 03-02-2019, 11:25 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Lukaku
Sanchez
Mata
Fred
Rojo
Darmian
Smalling
Dalot
Valencia
Pereira
The Scottish Player

Agreed, but I think that's harsh on Smalling. He's injured, but when he's fit, he's picked and he'd be in the latter 'upgrade needed' category.

Darmian, Jones, Valencia, The Scottish Player, Rojo, Sanchez, Mata all need moving on.

Maybe one or two will leave.

The Scottish Player shouldn't have been given a new deal and Mata being rumoured to get one shouldn't happen either.

Unread 03-02-2019, 11:30 PM
AK14

Quote:
Lukaku
Sanchez
Mata
Fred
Rojo
Darmian
Smalling
Dalot
Valencia
Pereira
The Scottish Player

It’ll be interested to see what we do in the summer won’t it, who ever the manager is

I think Darmian, Rojo, Valencia and possibly Mata will be gone. The likes of Jones and Smalling will probably get another season and I can see us promoting Tuanzabe to the first team allowing us to spend money in other areas with the hope that Linders and Bailey continue to grow?

I think a full back, Centre mid, wide player and possibly attacking midfielder will come in.

You’d hope we’d sign a centre back and let one of Jones or Smalling go (preferably Jones) but I think Woodward will try and spread the budget and see that we’re well stocked at centre back and think that’s good enough?

I’d like to see Ole give one or two kids bench spots for the rest of the season tbh, no point having players like Fred there if you don’t want to play them. Let’s see Gomes get a few games, see if he can offer anything at the next level.

Unread 03-02-2019, 11:41 PM
dunk

Agreed on Smalling. Think he’ll be first pick once he’s fit.

Darmian should be £#%&!ing ashamed of himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Agreed but he's going to have to trust some of those players over the coming weeks, particularly in midfield. We can't get through every match with Herrera, Pogba and Matic, at the very least they will get fatigued and be easy to nullify. We need to rotate at Fulham as we wont get many more chances to this month.
He does. Can’t understand the lack of minutes for Fred from that PoV.

Needs to get some minutes pushed onto Fred, McTomminay and Pereira somehow. Pereira further forward, obvs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
It’ll be interested to see what we do in the summer won’t it, who ever the manager is

I think Darmian, Rojo, Valencia and possibly Mata will be gone. The likes of Jones and Smalling will probably get another season and I can see us promoting Tuanzabe to the first team allowing us to spend money in other areas with the hope that Linders and Bailey continue to grow?

I think a full back, Centre mid, wide player and possibly attacking midfielder will come in.

You’d hope we’d sign a centre back and let one of Jones or Smalling go (preferably Jones) but I think Woodward will try and spread the budget and see that we’re well stocked at centre back and think that’s good enough?

I’d like to see Ole give one or two kids bench spots for the rest of the season tbh, no point having players like Fred there if you don’t want to play them. Let’s see Gomes get a few games, see if he can offer anything at the next level.
Dunno what you do, but conservatively there are 9 players that need replacing/upgrading, in the current market that could take £#%&!ing years. We just haven’t been smart or aggressive enough in market in the last 10 years.

Unread 04-02-2019, 02:15 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:

He does. Can’t understand the lack of minutes for Fred from that PoV.

Needs to get some minutes pushed onto Fred, McTomminay and Pereira somehow. Pereira further forward, obvs.

Yup, he's the one you'd think would be easiest for the team to carry as the rest of the first choice attack are working well. You'd also think he'd give him a go just to rest Pogba, if anything happens to him I'd say we are pretty £#%&!ed.

I've been calling for Sanchez to get some minutes on the right of a three as we basically had no-one there but he's finished, should be battling Mata for the backup no. 10 role. Dare I say we should try Valencia on the rw, can't do any worse than Sanchez and at least he has a good engine on him.

Unread 04-02-2019, 10:37 AM
dunk

Quote:
Manchester United interim boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will play a big part in identifying the club's summer transfer targets even if he leaves.
Hope they get a move on, Rabiot is moving on a free in the summer, for instance, he's not joined Barca and they now have de Jong...

Unread 04-02-2019, 11:19 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Hope they get a move on, Rabiot is moving on a free in the summer, for instance, he's not joined Barca and they now have de Jong...
Read about Rabiot yesterday.

Be mental to ignore him on a free. Sure plenty of people are sniffing.

Bring him home etc.

Unread 04-02-2019, 11:56 AM
AK14

Quote:
Would be a great signing on paper considering it’s a free!

Frees up money for other areas then too.
Closed Thread