yes 68 89.47%
no 8 10.53%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 11-11-2019, 11:19 PM
Soviet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
no matic, no garner. hates midfielders, young or old. shameful.
Hopefully one of the Milans will take Matic off us in January. I hope Pogba doesnt impede The Scottish Player and Fred when he comes back, id like to see the three of them playing well, positive on the ball, getting stuck in.

Would really help us out if Fred and The Scottish Player keep going from strength to strength

Cant see Garner getting much game time, he's only 18 though isnt he. His chances will arrive.

Unread 11-11-2019, 11:25 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet
Hopefully one of the Milans will take Matic off us in January. I hope Pogba doesnt impede The Scottish Player and Fred when he comes back, id like to see the three of them playing well, positive on the ball, getting stuck in.

Would really help us out if Fred and The Scottish Player keep going from strength to strength

Cant see Garner getting much game time, he's only 18 though isnt he. His chances will arrive.
impede fred? impede fred?

impede fred? £#%&! me.

idiots undervalue matic.

Unread 11-11-2019, 11:31 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
idiots undervalue matic.
thought you rated him?

Unread 11-11-2019, 11:32 PM
Soviet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
impede fred? impede fred?
Repeating that back to myself, I started laughing. Cant believe I said impede Fred. Suppose I got carried away with his upturn in form.Hopefully Pogba doesnt force The Scottish Player or Fred to take a backward step, I think thats what I wanted to say.

Matic is finished, cant see it any other way. Couple of years in Italian football, couple of years in the US, and thats him.

Unread 11-11-2019, 11:33 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
thought you rated him?
I probably still undervalue him.

Unread 11-11-2019, 11:56 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
no matic, no garner. hates midfielders, young or old. shameful.
Love midfielders, wish we had some...

Garner was mentioned in the ‘introducing youth’ comment earlier.

£#%&! Matic in his stupid, slow face. He’s utter garbage. Hope he never wears the shirt again.

Unread 12-11-2019, 12:07 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
£#%&! Matic in his stupid, slow face. He’s utter garbage. Hope he never wears the shirt again.
ew.

(ooh, just noticed whose initials those are. ew.)

Unread 12-11-2019, 12:39 AM
Casanova85

No progress if we lose vs Sheffield.

Unread 12-11-2019, 12:40 AM
red in cumbria

Progress? Yes, a bit.

But we are a hell of a long way away from where we should be.

Unread 12-11-2019, 12:45 AM
Casanova85

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Progress? Yes, a bit.

But we are a hell of a long way away from where we should be.
3rd or 4th, basically.

Unread 12-11-2019, 06:52 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casanova85
3rd or 4th, basically.
based on what?

Unread 12-11-2019, 06:55 AM
Coracao

Quote:

DdG

AWB - Tuanzebe - Maguire - Williams

The Scottish Player - Fred

James - Pogba - Rashford

Martial

Shaw, Pereira, Lindelof, Rojo, Lingard, Young, Greenwood & Mata in reserve..

Or a version of that looks promising, keeping them all fit and firing with league and 3 cups to go at will be £#%&!ing difficult without reinforcements
It looks like it will never finish above 6th at best to me. Absolutely mediocre.

We need some serious quality in numerous positions.

Unread 12-11-2019, 07:38 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
It looks like it will never finish above 6th at best to me. Absolutely mediocre.

You're not winning anything with Fred n The Scottish Player as your fulcrum.

Unread 12-11-2019, 08:49 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
You're not winning anything with Fred n The Scottish Player as your fulcrum.
I think only the defence looks like it could be top 3, let alone win a title. And even then they still have a £#%&!ing enormous amount to prove as 3 of them are kids and the other is stepping up.

Our midfield and attack simply aren't good enough and doubt that personnel as a group will get us near winning the league.

We need some top quality in midfield and attack if we are to make proper progress.

Unread 12-11-2019, 08:57 AM
windy waffles

Quote:

DdG

James - Pogba - Rashford

Martial

Shaw, Pereira, Lindelof, Rojo, Lingard, Young, Greenwood & Mata in reserve..

Or a version of that looks promising, keeping them all fit and firing with league and 3 cups to go at will be £#%&!ing difficult without reinforcements
Top six side that nothing more.

Pogba. The @#%&! will be gone soon enough.

If you're happy with that, good for you.

Unread 12-11-2019, 08:57 AM
dunk

Quote:

I didn’t say it was winning the league tbf. It’s a base which can be improved upon by moving on those not in the XI and bringing in greater quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Top six side that nothing more.

Pogba. The @#%&! will be gone soon enough.

If you're happy with that, good for you.
Tbf I had us down for 8th this season, so I would be happy with top 6, yes.

Unread 12-11-2019, 09:09 AM
puressence

if those top 4 stay fit top 4 is well within the team james rashford pogba martial are on par with any top team if they stay fit

Unread 12-11-2019, 10:35 AM
Lok

Progress since when?

Mourinho had us competing and winning trophies, this side is a million miles away from that. Without 4 very good signings, it'll never achieve it.

Mourinho's plans were short sighted though and would have involved us having to continually invest vast sums of money to remain competitive. And it was unlikely we'd ever win the league whilst Klopp and Guardiola were in the country.

Ole's plan is far more long term and is one that has bore fruit in the past. There are some promising signs but there are also some truly baffling results. The mentality of the team is far too weak and it's important that the 4 players we bring in over the next 2 windows are the right characters. We need experienced winners who will help the younger players in darker times. We need people so mentally strong that they drag the team out of shit form. Players in the mould of Cantona and Keane. Without them, this team will never achieve anything. Those types of players are extremely rare and I don't trust Woodward/Ole/our scouts to find and sign them.

Unread 12-11-2019, 10:39 AM
suedeshoes

Quote:
DdG

James - Pogba - Rashford

Martial
Replace Martial with a striker and replace Fred with a footballer and that's a team tbf.

Unread 12-11-2019, 10:42 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
I think only the defence looks like it could be top 3, let alone win a title. And even then they still have a £#%&!ing enormous amount to prove as 3 of them are kids and the other is stepping up.

Our midfield and attack simply aren't good enough and doubt that personnel as a group will get us near winning the league.

We need some top quality in midfield and attack if we are to make proper progress.
Our attack is potentially the best in the league.....it's young but if it stays fit and starts getting a good steam up.....who knows.

The midfield needs work...

We're a couple of windows away from a title push..
Closed Thread