United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > News, Current Affairs & Politics

Unread 09-11-2019, 02:54 AM
waynes ear's

Default Purdah

Quote:
Purdah (/ˈpɜːrdə/) is the pre-election period in the United Kingdom, specifically the time between the announcement of an election and the formation of the new elected government. It affects civil servants, who must be politically impartial,[1] preventing central and local government from making announcements about any new or controversial government initiatives (such as modernisation initiatives or administrative and legislative changes) that could be seen to be advantageous to any candidates or parties in the forthcoming election. Purdah does not apply to candidates for political office. Where a court determines that actual advantage has been given to a candidate, this may amount to a breach of Section 2 of the Local Government Act 1986.

At its weakest, the time period brings a moral commitment for executive officers not, unless ordered by elected representatives, to enter into any transactions or carry out any works which would conflict with the stated intentional commitments (manifesto) of the cabinet or shadow cabinet and possibly other candidates.
Anybody posting party politically biased stuff should obey the law. I work for a quango and we are limited in what we can publish.

Enjoy lads

Unread 09-11-2019, 10:07 AM
no fun

I am employed on a part time basis by a local authority and I must therefore remain impartial on the two days I work for them

On the 5 days of the week I donít work for them I hope every Tory MP, candidate and voter dies

Cheers

Unread 09-11-2019, 01:06 PM
TravellingRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun View Post
I am employed on a part time basis by a local authority and I must therefore remain impartial on the two days I work for them

On the 5 days of the week I donít work for them I hope every Tory MP, candidate and voter dies

Cheers
The tolerant left etc...

Unread 09-11-2019, 01:09 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellingRed View Post
The tolerant left etc...
Never claimed to be tolerant

Unread 09-11-2019, 01:11 PM
TravellingRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun View Post
Never claimed to be tolerant
Just thought I'd post it before one of the resident right wing weirdos did.

Unread 09-11-2019, 01:27 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Just thought I'd post it before one of the resident right wing weirdos did.
I like Dr Jordan Peterson (of course) and he was asking - what are the markers that the left has gone too far?

In the same way if a right wing person starts talking about ethno-nationalism, racism etc you know thy have gone too far.

Unread 09-11-2019, 01:39 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
I like Dr Jordan Peterson (of course) and he was asking - what are the markers that the left has gone too far?

In the same way if a right wing person starts talking about ethno-nationalism, racism etc you know thy have gone too far.
The right wing are like the artist formerly known as Manchester United; dominant, so fair game.

Unread 09-11-2019, 02:03 PM
Arnold Muhren

Itís in where I work which is just as well as I sit next to an ultra right wing Ď2 world wars and 1 world cupí Brexit Party voting, Ďdid two tours in NI in the 80sí bad nonce. Never shuts up about it all

Unread 09-11-2019, 02:48 PM
otbarney

Quote:
The tolerant left etc...
He is tolerant, he didn't include the Lib Dems, or the yellow Tory c***s as I like to call them.

Unread 09-11-2019, 03:10 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by otbarney View Post
He is tolerant, he didn't include the Lib Dems, or the yellow Tory c***s as I like to call them.
I prefer Quis Dems