United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-11-2019, 04:18 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
He’s scored 2 goals from the right so far hasn’t he?
One from that counter attack against Chelsea that deflected in

The other two were from the left

He's been great so far for how much we bought him for and coming from the championship but I really want someone on that right side who's best and favoured position is that side and can be a pretty consistent goal scorer from that side

Unread 11-11-2019, 04:20 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Sorry it's such a controversial opinion that I think we can do better than him on the right side especially as it's not his favoured side to play on

Considering he's come from the championship he's had a very good start to his Utd career and being an important squad player but not an automatic starter next season is still a pretty good position for the lad at this stage of his career

As I said I still think we need to sign a first choice wide right attacker in the summer who's best position is as a wide right forward
So, as I asked before, why not start him on the left if we are going for inverted wingers? He has earned his place in the starting 11, and he’s done so with a fantastic attitude. He’s come in, embarrassed several of our players with his work rate and ability on the pitch, and will likely only get better. He’s got a big future with us.

Unread 11-11-2019, 04:28 PM
Soviet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Player of the season so far, he's wonderful to watch.

The front three picks itself at the moment, madness to suggest otherwise.
The front 3 picks itself, but we’re 7th, with half the points Liverpool have and scored nearly half the goals Liverpool have. That should be a sobering reminder of the levels these 3 needs to reach. The fact they pick themselves is worrying in its own right.

I know you’re a Rashford fanboy and you’re clearly adverse to strengthening the attack, so let me ask you this. How many goals and assists do Rashford, Martial and James have to deliver this season, in your opinion, to justify the faith shown in them, and to warrant not bringing in a ST or RW ? In preparation for next season.

Unread 11-11-2019, 04:28 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
So, as I asked before, why not start him on the left if we are going for inverted wingers? He has earned his place in the starting 11, and he’s done so with a fantastic attitude. He’s come in, embarrassed several of our players with his work rate and ability on the pitch, and will likely only get better. He’s got a big future with us.
Because I think Rashford is a better player for the wide left forward role and that he has more potential

Not doubting he's got a bright future for us but not as automatic starter for me
Remember Ole himself was never an automatic starter (although he did make himself first choice for periods of time) either but was still a hugely important player

Unread 11-11-2019, 04:33 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
So he’s playing well in a position that’s he’s not meant to be playing in so we need to get someone to replace him when he doesn’t play well in the future?

Unread 11-11-2019, 04:46 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
One from that counter attack against Chelsea that deflected in

The other two were from the left

He's been great so far for how much we bought him for and coming from the championship but I really want someone on that right side who's best and favoured position is that side and can be a pretty consistent goal scorer from that side
Yeah you’re right pal. Ignore me.

Unread 11-11-2019, 07:05 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet
The front 3 picks itself, but we’re 7th, with half the points Liverpool have and scored nearly half the goals Liverpool have. That should be a sobering reminder of the levels these 3 needs to reach. The fact they pick themselves is worrying in its own right.

I know you’re a Rashford fanboy and you’re clearly adverse to strengthening the attack, so let me ask you this. How many goals and assists do Rashford, Martial and James have to deliver this season, in your opinion, to justify the faith shown in them, and to warrant not bringing in a ST or RW ? In preparation for next season.
You want me to pick a number of how many combined assists and goals three players can get when playing together over the course of the season?

Ok, 6. How's that?

Ask stupid questions, get stupid answers.

Your wilfully ignoring the form of Rashford and Martial since the international break, £#%&! knows why, but that's your choice. Have at it.

Also, you never got back to me when in the match thread when I asked for that list of players who have achieved what Rashford has at this stage of his career. I know I told you to take your time, but over a day later is taking the piss. Got any names yet?

Unread 11-11-2019, 08:09 PM
Soviet

Quote:
You want me to pick a number of how many combined assists and goals three players can get when playing together over the course of the season?

Ok, 6. How's that?

Ask stupid questions, get stupid answers.

Your wilfully ignoring the form of Rashford and Martial since the international break, f*** knows why, but that's your choice. Have at it.

Also, you never got back to me when in the match thread when I asked for that list of players who have achieved what Rashford has at this stage of his career. I know I told you to take your time, but over a day later is taking the piss. Got any names yet?
This just reflects badly on you not me youre willing to pin all your hopes and dreams, on 3 players, that scored a combined 24 goals last season, to win us titles ? Youre delusional and its a complete blind leap of faith. Having an unwillingness to strengthen the attack, based on 11/12 games, is absolute stupidity and not a credible defense.

Its a combination of bravery and incompetence from the club that we ended up with the forward three we have, but here we are, 7th.

So I decided to approach it from a different angle, but you wont even answer it. Your standards have dropped so low its incredible. Lets say they score 25-30 goals between them (which they never have), it wont be anywhere near enough, even if midfield and defence chip in. But you'd turn down the opportunity to sign a ST and RW ? You must be a f***ing idiot, because youre seemingly content with celebrating mediocrity. Who in their right mind would enter next season after your front three have scored 25 goals between them, playing week in, week out, taking all free kicks and penalties.

Theyve had a stroke of luck this season getting the opportunity they have. If they dont deliver, and give me a return that is tangible, produce results that I could say 'Well, maybe we're onto something here, maybe they can deliver, maybe they are the real deal', then im signing a f***ing ST and RW because im not having more of the same shit next season. But on the face of it, youre discounting it out of hand, because of Rashford scoring 6 in 12 ?.......

You can twist Rashfords goal record and form which ever way suits you. This is his 5th season in the first team, its about time he delivered. He's scored 6 in 12, and thats enough for you by default, to think he'll score us enough goals and theres no need to sign a ST and RW........ Well lets see it............., and why shouldnt Rashford, Martial and James have to compete, they should

But this isnt me v the front 3, me v Rashford. All im saying is, deliver the results we need, or we're signing the players that will. But youre willing to give them an indefinite period of time before you make this call, I am not

Unread 11-11-2019, 08:20 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
This just reflects badly on you not me youre willing to pin all your hopes and dreams, on 3 players, that scored a combined 24 goals last season, to win us titles ? Youre delusional and its a complete blind leap of faith. Having an unwillingness to strengthen the attack, based on 11/12 games, is absolute stupidity and not a credible defense.

Its a combination of bravery and incompetence from the club that we ended up with the forward three we have, but here we are, 7th.

So I decided to approach it from a different angle, but you wont even answer it. Your standards have dropped so low its incredible. Lets say they score 25-30 goals between them (which they never have), it wont be anywhere near enough, even if midfield and defence chip in. But you'd turn down the opportunity to sign a ST and RW ? You must be a £#%&!ing idiot, because youre seemingly content with celebrating mediocrity. Who in their right mind would enter next season after your front three have scored 25 goals between them, playing week in, week out, taking all free kicks and penalties.

Theyve had a stroke of luck this season getting the opportunity they have. If they dont deliver, and give me a return that is tangible, produce results that I could say 'Well, maybe we're onto something here, maybe they can deliver, maybe they are the real deal', then im signing a £#%&!ing ST and RW because im not having more of the same shit next season. But on the face of it, youre discounting it out of hand, because of Rashford scoring 6 in 12 ?.......

You can twist Rashfords goal record and form which ever way suits you. This is his 5th season in the first team, its about time he delivered. He's scored 6 in 12, and thats enough for you by default, to think he'll score us enough goals and theres no need to sign a ST and RW........ Well lets see it............., and why shouldnt Rashford, Martial and James have to compete, they should

But this isnt me v the front 3, me v Rashford. All im saying is, deliver the results we need, or we're signing the players that will. But youre willing to give them an indefinite period of time before you make this call, I am not
Tldr. Carry on with yourself pal

Unread 11-11-2019, 08:21 PM
Soviet

Quote:
Tldr. Carry on with yourself pal
Carry on with your Rashford love in, you'll only end up heart broken, but I hope its a fairy tale for you

Unread 11-11-2019, 08:24 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Carry on with your Rashford love in, you'll only end up heart broken, but I hope its a fairy tale for you
I get the feeling this isn’t particularly sincere. Just a hunch.

Unread 11-11-2019, 08:44 PM
Ethers

Quote:

So I decided to approach it from a different angle, but you wont even answer it. Your standards have dropped so low its incredible. Lets say they score 25-30 goals between them (which they never have), it wont be anywhere near enough, even if midfield and defence chip in. But you'd turn down the opportunity to sign a ST and RW ? You must be a f***ing idiot, because youre seemingly content with celebrating mediocrity. Who in their right mind would enter next season after your front three have scored 25 goals between them, playing week in, week out, taking all free kicks and penalties.

Theyve had a stroke of luck this season getting the opportunity they have. If they dont deliver, and give me a return that is tangible, produce results that I could say 'Well, maybe we're onto something here, maybe they can deliver, maybe they are the real deal', then im signing a f***ing ST and RW because im not having more of the same shit next season. But on the face of it, youre discounting it out of hand, because of Rashford scoring 6 in 12 ?.......

These Russian bots are getting worse and worse tbh

Unread 11-11-2019, 08:53 PM
Soviet

Quote:
I get the feeling this isn’t particularly sincere. Just a hunch.
What is a realistic goal target for the three of them do you think ? Its hard to say because we just dont know, we're basing it on absolutely f*** all and seeing how it goes. But there has to be expectations.

45 goals unrealistic ? (Yes, pure fantasy based on past performance, but how will this season go) Possible ? Would it put you off signing a ST and RW ? Either / Or.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
These Russian bots are getting worse and worse tbh

Unread 11-11-2019, 08:58 PM
armchair

he's going to get even better. he's still avoiding the box a bit too much.

Unread 25-11-2019, 06:35 AM
believe

Can someone explain to me what it is I’m missing with this @#%&! and why he gets such a free pass on here?

Unread 25-11-2019, 08:44 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Can someone explain to me what it is I’m missing with this @#%&! and why he gets such a free pass on here?
Loads of potential apparently. Yep, people are still using that.

Was garbage yesterday. Mostly he is average.

Think what Rashford would do with a proper striker next to him.

Unread 25-11-2019, 08:46 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Can someone explain to me what it is I’m missing with this c*** and why he gets such a free pass on here?
Naturally gifted, on his day can be very clinical, and whether you like it or not since his return we have looked way more of a goal threat in general. His link up play with Rashford and James has been sublime, though yesterday wasn’t a shining example of that.

Plenty of other players to criticise that deserve it a lot more imo. Even yesterday, prior to them scoring our forwards were making runs, but our “midfield” were too busy giving the ball away to take advantage. Then we went 1-0 and seemingly into freefall, and it’s easy to blame the forwards for “not making the runs” at that point, but it’s borderline psychological with this team. They’re aware of their deficiencies, I’m sure of it, and it’s why our confidence is so very fragile.

Unread 25-11-2019, 08:58 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Absolutely shite yesterday, looked even less arsed than usual. Really hoping Erling is coming in January

Unread 25-11-2019, 09:11 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Naturally gifted...
See?

Like this makes him some kind of outlier in the world of professional sports

Unread 25-11-2019, 09:12 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
See?

Like this makes him some kind of outlier in the world of professional sports
Gotta say, I’m impressed that you managed to ignore the two paragraphs after that
Closed Thread