United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-05-2023, 02:15 PM
wiganste

Default Coventry or Luton in the Prem next season

Honestly, I can't see either of them winning a game.

I think Luton will be the best equipped so will probably get around 12 points and Coventry will end up on 9

It's gonna be brutal for them

Unread 18-05-2023, 02:16 PM
Sparky***

one of them will still manage to beat us

Unread 18-05-2023, 02:20 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
one of them will still manage to beat us

Unread 18-05-2023, 02:31 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Don’t mind seeing Coventry back. Dublin / Huckerby classic old school 2 up top duo. Memories of old Highfield Road (even if it was a dump). Luton …

Unread 18-05-2023, 02:35 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikvanHaaksbergen
Don’t mind seeing Coventry back. Dublin / Huckerby classic old school 2 up top duo. Memories of old Highfield Road (even if it was a dump). Luton …
Have a still clear memory of the coventry coach pulling into OT at some time in the 80s and seeing Big Steve Ogrizovic's handsome face looking out of one of the windows.

Mad to think they were one of the original premier league teams. Seems a lifetime ago.

Unread 18-05-2023, 02:36 PM
Finport Red

Richard ‘Keyesy’ Keys supports Coventry so I hope Luton get through. And Coventry gets hit by one of Putin’s hypersonic missiles that’s gone off course a bit.

Unread 18-05-2023, 02:38 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
Richard ‘Keyesy’ Keys supports Coventry so I hope Luton get through. And Coventry gets hit by one of Putin’s hypersonic missiles that’s gone off course a bit.
Ah yes of course.

Come on you Luton Lutonerers

Unread 18-05-2023, 02:39 PM
Bunker Buster

Coventry - original top flighters, first goal keeper to score on TV good set of fans.

Luton - orange kit, pleat, plastic pitch, UK's biggest shit hole..

Don't care really, both going down and taking three points from us pre Xmas

Unread 18-05-2023, 02:46 PM
Finport Red

Still Luton

Unread 18-05-2023, 03:25 PM
Seamus

Quote:

Still Luton
a lad from our school ran on and booted one of their players....he died the other week. Makes you think

Unread 18-05-2023, 03:27 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
a lad from our school ran on and booted one of their players....he died the other week. Makes you think
Makes me think I want Luton to beat Coventry.

Unread 18-05-2023, 03:27 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Luton have Tommy Robinson so it kind of evens out. Almost.

Unread 18-05-2023, 03:52 PM
Fat Al

Luton banned away fans in the 80's after Millwall rioted there.
Known as The Hatters & if you know the origin of the phrase "Mad as a hatter', you'd know it suits the place.

Bunks reckons it's the UK biggest shithole. It IS a shithole but I can name a dozen that are worse.

Finally, they're the bastards who stopped Uniteds winning run in the 85/86 season.
10 wins a row, went to Luton needing the win to equal the current record (held by Spurs IIRC) but only drew. And still only managed to finish 4th in the league after that.

Oh Bunks - I'll see your horrible orange Luton kit & raise you the shit brown Coventry kit.

Still prefer Coventry to come up tho. Step-dad is from there & was living there the night the Luftwaffe flattened the place.

Unread 18-05-2023, 03:55 PM
Bunker Buster

Unread 18-05-2023, 03:56 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
The player died 40 odd years after being kicked?

The young lad probably didn’t cause it.

Unread 18-05-2023, 05:00 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
probably
"Probably" leaves room for "possibly". Could be grounds for murder. Manslaughter at least

Unread 18-05-2023, 05:17 PM
no fun

I hope Luton get promoted

I’ve played on Luton’s pitch (when it was plastic) and I’m hoping Weghourst, The Scottish Player, sancho or Elanga get to play there so I can say I’m not the worst player to appear there

Unread 18-05-2023, 07:36 PM
Weghorst

Coventry for me

Beat Blackburn in 94 and liverpool in 97 en route to two titles for us

Luton are just some shithole club supported by this country’s biggest racist. Plus it’s getting nauseating seeing countless stories about how Erling Haaland may have to play at Kenilworth Road next season

Premier league top scorer having to play at a shithole ground, the shame.

Unread 18-05-2023, 10:15 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weghorst
Coventry for me

Beat Blackburn in 94 and liverpool in 97 en route to two titles for us

Luton are just some shithole club supported by this country’s biggest racist. Plus it’s getting nauseating seeing countless stories about how Erling Haaland may have to play at Kenilworth Road next season

Premier league top scorer having to play at a shithole ground, the shame.
I know they call it the most expensive game in football and you get a fair old wedge for coming up, but I can’t see them signing Haaland

Unread 18-05-2023, 10:16 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I know they call it the most expensive game in football and you get a fair old wedge for coming up, but I can’t see them signing Haaland
He'll go £#%&!ing anywhere if you pay him enough.
Closed Thread