United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-04-2012, 10:59 PM
tatty

Default I can't see SAF going beyond this season

He must look at the gulf in squads between us and City and know the gap would be wider if it wasn't for a couple of geriatrics papering over the cracks.

The rebuilding job is going to be huge and at his age I can't see him relishing us floundering in an attempt to stay in the CL places next season.

Not all bad though...nothing a good clearout, Mourinho and £100m won't put right.

Unread 30-04-2012, 11:01 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
He must look at the gulf in squads between us and City and know the gap would be wider if it wasn't for a couple of geriatrics papering over the cracks.

The rebuilding job is going to be huge and at his age I can't see him relishing us floundering in an attempt to stay in the CL places next season.

Not all bad though...nothing a good clearout, Mourinho and £100m won't put right.
you going to start digging for oil on the forecourt hen?

Unread 30-04-2012, 11:05 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
you going to start digging for oil on the forecourt hen?
Stripping oil from feathers isn't going to do it.

Unread 30-04-2012, 11:06 PM
ScarFace

Signings or not, he started park and a £#%&! giggs. It is his fault.

Unread 30-04-2012, 11:07 PM
HERTS_RED

I was told at the beginning of the year that this would be his last season and mourinho would be taking over (had a pm conversation with Jake B at the time about it), events have probably conspired against it now imo

Next season will be his last for sure

Unread 30-04-2012, 11:09 PM
tatty

He's done a remarkable job getting the dross bus so far down the road - we're a shit side masquerading as a title winning one.

Rooney, Wellbeck, Valencia and Cleverly aside i wouldn't be arsed to see any other player sold this summer.

Unread 30-04-2012, 11:16 PM
Pop

The worst thing about Ferie retiring, be it this or next season is that those £#%&!ing #@&%! City fans will insist forever more it entirely down to City and City only that he called it a day. Nothing to do with the fact he's 70 years old or the club being financially crippled but the genius of 'Bobby Manc' and Ferie being a 'bottler'

Unread 30-04-2012, 11:32 PM
rogieop

Are you lot mental? he was all set to retire untill the Chelsea revolution and he saw it as his biggest task. He went head to head and seen them off.

It will be the same here, he will see this as his biggest challenge and he'll win.

The man will die before he quits. Unfortunate but true imo.

Unread 30-04-2012, 11:35 PM
andyroo

Seeing as he's so shit and all, I can't wait til we get a real manager.

Unread 30-04-2012, 11:41 PM
wonky no

id rather get big ron back than have moureen subjecting us to the 'chelsea way'

Unread 30-04-2012, 11:47 PM
Jerry the Berry

Quote:

The stubborn £#%&!er will relish the challenge.

I dunno if that's a good or bad thing anymore, though

Unread 30-04-2012, 11:57 PM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
The worst thing about Ferie retiring, be it this or next season is that those £#%&!ing #@&%! City fans will insist forever more it entirely down to City and City only that he called it a day. Nothing to do with the fact he's 70 years old or the club being financially crippled but the genius of 'Bobby Manc' and Ferie being a 'bottler'
that was and is my worry tbf.

Was going to start a thread a few weeks ago when we looked like doing it, saying that I'd like Fergie to retire at the end of the season.

Not because he's past it, or I'm hankering for a better replacement because I can't think off one.

Simply because it would've been a massive achievement, and to repeat the process is going to need investment, something that I can't see happening under the GLazers.

I wanted him to retire on a high with his record and dignity intact with a line drawn under his reign before the inevitable demise and concession of power to City.

Unread 01-05-2012, 12:01 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Fergie? A quitter?

He'll be back stronger than ever next season, got a big summer though.

Unread 01-05-2012, 12:24 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Mourinho and £100m won't put right.
nope, Guardiola and sorting a good youth set up would be more traditional. plus the Glazers take £100 mil, not put in £100 mil

£#%&! Mourinho, he's a money grabbing ballbag who lucked into a decent chelsea squad, got them wining leagues via deflections and boring football. Special One my arse, i've played for better sunday league managers.

Unread 01-05-2012, 12:51 AM
Cream

I don't think the future is all that bright.

Cleverly is going to be relied upon heavily. He was good early doors this season. I'm sure Fergie will believe he's ready to replace Giggs or Scholes.

Anderson? I despair. He's got to go in the summer and he's got to be replaced with a much better player. It just might happen.

Pogba? Very young, gone?

He'll be hopeful that Jones, Smalling, Wellbeck and Rafael will have matured.

Vidic back.

The general state of the squad though.... Park, Fletcher etc... it's unlikely to win a champions league even with a very decent midfield signing.

Unlikely to win the league either - given City's dosh.

Probably won't walk but can't be looking forward to another season like this one. The rant at Mancini during the game was desperation stuff.

Unread 01-05-2012, 12:54 AM
Ethers

We need new ideas. Thats all I'm saying.

Unread 01-05-2012, 12:56 AM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Signings or not, he started park and a £#%&! giggs. It is his fault.
Yep. That team selection was cowardly and not the United way. City aren't even that good but he handed them the initiative right from the off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
id rather get big ron back than have moureen subjecting us to the 'chelsea way'
Which would be different to how United played tonight how, exactly? Fergie was pathetically negative, and United have hardly been entertaining for most of the season.

Unread 01-05-2012, 01:15 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Blazini
We need new ideas. Thats all I'm saying.

You want Phelan gone then?

Unread 01-05-2012, 07:08 AM
Mr_Ed

We need to get rid of the £#%&!ing parasites taking all the money from the club. If we didn't have that handicap I'm sure we'd have won the league a few weeks ago.

Unread 01-05-2012, 07:20 AM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
We need to get rid of the £#%&!ing parasites taking all the money from the club. If we didn't have that handicap I'm sure we'd have won the league a few weeks ago.
We're not going to get rid of the Glazers, they're in a pretty comfortable position now. We would have won the league if Fergie hadn't have £#%&!ed around when we were 4-2 up against Everton, he had a chance to put an extra midfielder on and didn't, that's why we won't be winning the league, that's got £#%&! all to do with the Glazers.

Fergie needs to sign some quality midfielders, he's had the money to, but he hasn't, he also needs to clear out all the shite that's cluttering the squad, again that's nothing to do with the Glazers being the owners.
Closed Thread