Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-05-2012, 11:19 AM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
Yup.

He also spent over £50m last summer.

In this instance money is not the problem. It was Fergie's decision not to buy a midfielder last summer
exactly

people keep making out theres not been any money to spend, 55m last summer and none of it was spent wisely.

Unread 01-05-2012, 11:20 AM
Zorg

If by some bizarre miracle he still manages to win this title he should go out on a high imo.

Phelan is a total disaster, an English simpleton. 'Get crosses in lads'. Pathetic. Hard to believe Queiroz is managing £#%&!ing Iran.

Unread 01-05-2012, 11:21 AM
Ghetts

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
nope, Guardiola and sorting a good youth set up would be more traditional. plus the Glazers take £100 mil, not put in £100 mil

£#%&! Mourinho, he's a money grabbing ballbag who lucked into a decent chelsea squad, got them wining leagues via deflections and boring football. Special One my arse, i've played for better sunday league managers.
Spot on Ears, spot on

Unread 01-05-2012, 11:22 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
If by some bizarre miracle he still manages to win this title he should go out on a high imo.

Phelan is a total disaster, an English simpleton. 'Get crosses in lads'. Pathetic. Hard to believe Queiroz is managing £#%&!ing Iran.
at least phelan is english. SOme people think that is important. Aswel as having just english players. In today's multiculture enviroment.

Unread 01-05-2012, 11:25 AM
borsuk

when cq was here we had ronaldo, hargreaves, a younger scholes and giggs, that @#%&! tevez...

fergie's had any number of no 2s and had success with all of them, including the current ones.

too many senior players not producing, too little faith in youth imo. look at pogba, given a few games, plays well enough, then out of the side. whwre's the sense in that? cleverley's done well whenever I've seen him, can't get a game ahead of a woefully out of form giggs playing out of position.

looks to me like fergie gave the tried and tested old hands one last hurrah, now there'll be a clear out in the summer. hope so at least.

Unread 01-05-2012, 11:39 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
when cq was here we had ronaldo, hargreaves, a younger scholes and giggs, that @#%&! tevez...

fergie's had any number of no 2s and had success with all of them, including the current ones.

too many senior players not producing, too little faith in youth imo. look at pogba, given a few games, plays well enough, then out of the side. whwre's the sense in that? cleverley's done well whenever I've seen him, can't get a game ahead of a woefully out of form giggs playing out of position.

looks to me like fergie gave the tried and tested old hands one last hurrah, now there'll be a clear out in the summer. hope so at least.
Same.

Not like we've not had good players, some great players, come & go in the Fergie era - the difference is he's got softer with old age & where he used to phase them out, now he phases them back in. The balance is wrong & the fallacy of our supposed Youth production & trusting them has been shown as nothing more than hot air & a chequebook for other people's youngsters.

I'd £#%&!ing despair if I was in the youth set-up at United, you watch the likes of Ravel & Pogba get a sniff & then £#%&!ed off. Kiko got in & then £#%&!ed off all over the shop. Granted most of them were @#%&!s, but still. Even Welbeck, who just came off the best performance in a striking capacity partnering Rooney against Everton finds himself £#%&!ed off for that little shit-clown Park in the biggest game of the season. Cleverley has been nothing more than observer.

We spent fortunes on the side last summer & still didn't buy a midfielder - a £#%&!ing joke.

Unread 01-05-2012, 11:43 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
Same.

Not like we've not had good players, some great players, come & go in the Fergie era - the difference is he's got softer with old age & where he used to phase them out, now he phases them back in. The balance is wrong & the fallacy of our supposed Youth production & trusting them has been shown as nothing more than hot air & a chequebook for other people's youngsters.

I'd £#%&!ing despair if I was in the youth set-up at United, you watch the likes of Ravel & Pogba get a sniff & then £#%&!ed off. Kiko got in & then £#%&!ed off all over the shop. Granted most of them were @#%&!s, but still. Even Welbeck, who just came off the best performance in a striking capacity partnering Rooney against Everton finds himself £#%&!ed off for that little shit-clown Park in the biggest game of the season. Cleverley has been nothing more than observer.

We spent fortunes on the side last summer & still didn't buy a midfielder - a £#%&!ing joke.

Summed up nicely.

Unread 01-05-2012, 12:22 PM
Fountz

The problems the Glazers not Fergie.

OK, if what you expect is Fergie to effectively ace every opportunity and repeatedly max out on his decisions, as if he somehow had the luxury of repeatedly replaying events in a game of MANAGERIAL GROUNDHOG DAY, then yes, I suppose it's his fault..

However, the financial bedrock of the club are the ladders that he stands on before he sees how high up he can reach.. and even though he can reach higher than Mancini,

Mancini with the backing of Abu Dhabi has got a set of these to stand on..

where as Fergie's only got these..

what's more, due to the Glazers, he needs to climb up these to get out of a £#%&!ing hole first.

Unread 01-05-2012, 12:38 PM
Tronics

we need some new/fresh ideas tbh

SAF scouting system is pretty crap and his team selections and tactics as of late have been horrible

i'd love us to actually compete against the top European sides once again and win the Prem at a canter and with some style. And with the team SAF has assembled soo far i dont think its possible
Closed Thread