United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-12-2014, 12:28 PM
Crumps

Think the Scousers are genuinely going to be shocked when Sturridge comes back and they realise he isn't world class at all in any way.

Unread 21-12-2014, 12:29 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERTS_RED
the full quote

“I know how it goes,” he said. “Six or seven months ago I was the manager of the year and I was going to be this and that, tactically this and tactically that, and now, because we have lost two world-class players, I am useless. But I accept that. I must have just dreamt that about Liverpool playing 3-4-3 in the last game [the Capital One Cup victory at Bournemouth]. What do people think that was, a bit of luck? A British coach playing 3-4-3? A foreign coach doing that would be a tactical genius. I imagine people think I fell into that system through a stroke of luck or something.

“Not that I might have been awake into the early hours of the morning thinking of a solution to our problem. We played with a box midfield and a back three, with [Lazar] Markovic wide and [Raheem] Sterling as a free No9, but it took some thought. I didn’t just throw them out there.”

“If you look at the speed in our game the other night, the tempo and intensity of our pressing and work, it was much closer to what we had last season.” he said. “People have been looking at us and seeing we haven’t been as dynamic, but there are simple reasons for that. We have lost two big players and it has taken a bit of time to try and recover our way of working. You get players sometimes who are just a massive loss to a group. Look at the way Dortmund have struggled this season after losing Robert Lewandowski. We haven’t lost one such player, we have lost two.”

I really hope Arsenal bury them but, have a horrible feeling the scouse luck will kick in, again
We've lost 2 players. Yeah one of whom was sold and you, yes you, replaced with a load of shit. The other is injured, shit happens get over it

Unread 21-12-2014, 01:51 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERTS_RED
the full quote

“I know how it goes,” he said. “Six or seven months ago I was the manager of the year and I was going to be this and that, tactically this and tactically that, and now, because we have lost two world-class players, I am useless. But I accept that. I must have just dreamt that about Liverpool playing 3-4-3 in the last game [the Capital One Cup victory at Bournemouth]. What do people think that was, a bit of luck? A British coach playing 3-4-3? A foreign coach doing that would be a tactical genius. I imagine people think I fell into that system through a stroke of luck or something.

“Not that I might have been awake into the early hours of the morning thinking of a solution to our problem. We played with a box midfield and a back three, with [Lazar] Markovic wide and [Raheem] Sterling as a free No9, but it took some thought. I didn’t just throw them out there.”

“If you look at the speed in our game the other night, the tempo and intensity of our pressing and work, it was much closer to what we had last season.” he said. “People have been looking at us and seeing we haven’t been as dynamic, but there are simple reasons for that. We have lost two big players and it has taken a bit of time to try and recover our way of working. You get players sometimes who are just a massive loss to a group. Look at the way Dortmund have struggled this season after losing Robert Lewandowski. We haven’t lost one such player, we have lost two.”

I really hope Arsenal bury them but, have a horrible feeling the scouse luck will kick in, again

what a first class @#%&!kite.

it doesn't bear thinking about how nauseating he would have been if they'd have won the league.

Unread 21-12-2014, 02:14 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Ah, he's whinging about an injury. I wonder how he'd cope if every player in his squad had been injured at some stage of the season.....
I think they've spent £110m on strikers in the past 4 years, yet he loses one to injury and starts playing 4-6-0

Unread 21-12-2014, 02:16 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
I think they've spent £110m on strikers in the past 4 years, yet he loses one to injury and starts playing 4-6-0
City played James Milner up front on his own yesterday and still won 3-0.

Rodgers is a £#%&!ing fraud.

Unread 21-12-2014, 02:20 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
City played James Milner up front on his own yesterday and still won 3-0.

Rodgers is a £#%&!ing fraud.
I hope they lose 5-0 and every goal is offside or a dodgy penalty.

Unread 21-12-2014, 02:26 PM
Harri Jaffa

Rodgers is a complete head the ball, who had a lucky (until the chelsea game) season.

Longer he stays there the better, total busted flush

Unread 21-12-2014, 02:29 PM
dunk

Can't wait for the @#%&! to get sacked and £#%&! off into the obscurity he so richly deserves, am hoping he can stretch his tenure out for another year or two and £#%&! them up properly though

Unread 21-12-2014, 02:34 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Brockman
"A British coach playing 3-4-3? He must have fallen upon that system, a bit of luck . . .” said Rodgers, sarcastically.

He's so deluded that he now thinks he's British.
He has one good norn Irish parent and one bad

Confused fella

Unread 21-12-2014, 02:54 PM
ZiggyStardust

Can you imagine if this @#%&! had won the league title last season

Unread 21-12-2014, 03:01 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Seething!

Stuck it on Twitter. Amazing

Unread 21-12-2014, 03:24 PM
VodkaAndCoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Can you imagine if this @#%&! had won the league title last season
There was a lunatic or two on here who wanted them to win it :shakehead:

Unread 21-12-2014, 05:16 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by VodkaAndCoke
There was a lunatic or two on here who wanted them to win it :shakehead:
Shall we name and shame?

Unread 21-12-2014, 05:17 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Shall we name and shame?
cant remember who but there were some

Unread 21-12-2014, 05:32 PM
red in cumbria

Thinking about it, wasn't one of them a chief critic here of DdG?

Unread 21-12-2014, 06:05 PM
ScarFace

Unread 21-12-2014, 07:26 PM
Barry Shitpeas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
What a @#%&!

Unread 21-12-2014, 07:34 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
cant remember who but there were some
There were. Wasnt there a poll about it?

Unread 21-12-2014, 07:35 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Shall we name and shame?
Pure was one of them.

Unread 21-12-2014, 07:39 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Pure was one of them.
yep he defo was