United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-12-2023, 06:22 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
he speaks like a loser
At the moment, losers is exactly what we are.

Unread 23-12-2023, 06:27 PM
pedr0

the club is badly run and makes awful decisions.

hiring this dud was one of them.

it's as simple as that.

Unread 23-12-2023, 06:37 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
You accepted that the manager was failing by every possible metric but you also think 7/8th is our level, I didn’t think it needed pointing out but if the manager was doing a great job despite the structure above him we would be higher up the table and could even be a significantly better to watch.
I think 7th or 8th is a reflection and result of where we are as a club. Around 7th or 8th in terms of how we’re run and have been run for years. Especially when you consider who is above us. This manager has shown he can finish 3rd (and when he did, we mostly agreed he overachieved) Ole finished 2nd. So did Jose. All could and did do better that what eventually got them/will get them sacked….but it all ends the same way barring the occasional decent season.

We also keep referencing how managers do well despite what’s above them. Like that’s normal. Any chance we could have something above the manager that actually helps them rather than hinder them? Most clubs have structure above them actually help them overachieve or meet expectations.

If we’re talking standards, maybe Manchester United could have a structure that works with a manager rather than them needing to succeed in spite of it.

Unread 23-12-2023, 06:48 PM
pedr0

8th would be our worst finish since 1990. worse thank the rangnick year, worse than the Moyes year. it would be a disaster.

the intolerable thing for me is that theres no indication that this is going anywhere. no signs that ETH is building something long term, or even trying to. he has been chewed up by the job and spat out, it's too big for him.

Unread 23-12-2023, 06:57 PM
magic_cantona

We're an absolute shambles on and off the pitch. We've been a lesson to clubs everywhere on how to not run a club for years and years now.

We have no real structure and are a world wide laughing stock when it comes to buying players and implementing a sound wage structure. We've gone from absolute chanchers like Pogba getting record breaking wages and doing absolutely £#%&! all to justify it, to giving absolute chancers like Sancho record breaking wages and doing £#%&! all to warrant it. Both players are symbolic of the owners and how we're ran. We're an absolute disgrace. I've lost count of the amount of players we could have had for next to nothing or the amount of class players we could have had, had people like Woodward, Arnold and Murtaugh not got involved.

Then the new manager comes in to discover that, rather than having a network of clever and highly capable people in positions where our manager can choose from a vast list of players who have been carefully selected after pain staking research, we're basically asking the new manager what he thinks. And then we have the balls to tell him that he'll have to swap targets and try a back up because other people have stepped in and either £#%&!ed the deal up or moved that late that the player we actually wanted and might have gotten, has got tired of our Mickey Mouse bullshit and has signed for someone else.

Like people have said, look at Liverpool. They didn't get their first or second choices buy they've got an infrastructure where their 3rd or 4thhave been swiftly bought, no fuss and they've fit right in. That never happens at United anymore. Nobody can say that the Glazer ownership and the way they 'run' this club hasn't set us back decades or say its not THE reason we are where we are but, no manager should get a free pass either.

Ten Hag has made some awful errors, on transfers and tactically. He's had no luck with injuries this season but he's also been naively loyal to some of the @#%&!s who just can't perform at the top level anymore. And some who never could. You look at our forward line today and our main striker is a 20 year old kid in his first season at United, who gets £#%&! all service. Who else have we got? Tony Martial. It's appalling that we're still stuck with this shit. We used to have FOUR class strikers ffs. That was the norm. Now the norm is, we get maybe one striker, see if we can shift the shite that nobody wants and then, maybe, we can buy another. But, because Martial is on such ridiculous wages and nobody will pay that, our manager is told "Weghorst or nobody". What the £#%&! is he supposed to do? Now, he's being told, in January he could possibly have 2 loans and that's it. Again, what's he supposed to do?

I want to see EtH with a full and fit squad, with the players that played well last season and for him to be able to add a quality couple of players before he's judged. Sadly, I don't think that'll happen before he's sacked. Sad that the players that don't care will still be here or be somewhere else and still be getting paid by us. Its the Glazers that are the absolute root cause of this. All EtH is guilty of is being caught in their shit storm and making a few poor decisions. Who the £#%&! could come in and do better, given the circumstances?

Unread 23-12-2023, 07:06 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedr0
8th would be our worst finish since 1990. worse thank the rangnick year, worse than the Moyes year. it would be a disaster.

the intolerable thing for me is that theres no indication that this is going anywhere. no signs that ETH is building something long term, or even trying to. he has been chewed up by the job and spat out, it's too big for him.
Difficult to build anything when we’ve had a glut of injuries and ludicrous transfer strategy yet again.

Unread 23-12-2023, 07:07 PM
Dr Stranger

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
We're an absolute shambles on and off the pitch. We've been a lesson to clubs everywhere on how to not run a club for years and years now.

We have no real structure and are a world wide laughing stock when it comes to buying players and implementing a sound wage structure. We've gone from absolute chanchers like Pogba getting record breaking wages and doing absolutely £#%&! all to justify it, to giving absolute chancers like Sancho record breaking wages and doing £#%&! all to warrant it. Both players are symbolic of the owners and how we're ran. We're an absolute disgrace. I've lost count of the amount of players we could have had for next to nothing or the amount of class players we could have had, had people like Woodward, Arnold and Murtaugh not got involved.

Then the new manager comes in to discover that, rather than having a network of clever and highly capable people in positions where our manager can choose from a vast list of players who have been carefully selected after pain staking research, we're basically asking the new manager what he thinks. And then we have the balls to tell him that he'll have to swap targets and try a back up because other people have stepped in and either £#%&!ed the deal up or moved that late that the player we actually wanted and might have gotten, has got tired of our Mickey Mouse bullshit and has signed for someone else.

Like people have said, look at Liverpool. They didn't get their first or second choices buy they've got an infrastructure where their 3rd or 4thhave been swiftly bought, no fuss and they've fit right in. That never happens at United anymore. Nobody can say that the Glazer ownership and the way they 'run' this club hasn't set us back decades or say its not THE reason we are where we are but, no manager should get a free pass either.

Ten Hag has made some awful errors, on transfers and tactically. He's had no luck with injuries this season but he's also been naively loyal to some of the @#%&!s who just can't perform at the top level anymore. And some who never could. You look at our forward line today and our main striker is a 20 year old kid in his first season at United, who gets £#%&! all service. Who else have we got? Tony Martial. It's appalling that we're still stuck with this shit. We used to have FOUR class strikers ffs. That was the norm. Now the norm is, we get maybe one striker, see if we can shift the shite that nobody wants and then, maybe, we can buy another. But, because Martial is on such ridiculous wages and nobody will pay that, our manager is told "Weghorst or nobody". What the £#%&! is he supposed to do? Now, he's being told, in January he could possibly have 2 loans and that's it. Again, what's he supposed to do?

I want to see EtH with a full and fit squad, with the players that played well last season and for him to be able to add a quality couple of players before he's judged. Sadly, I don't think that'll happen before he's sacked. Sad that the players that don't care will still be here or be somewhere else and still be getting paid by us. Its the Glazers that are the absolute root cause of this. All EtH is guilty of is being caught in their shit storm and making a few poor decisions. Who the £#%&! could come in and do better, given the circumstances?
Magic Post

Unread 23-12-2023, 07:11 PM
Ethers

It’s Christmas Eve Eve ffs, haven’t you all got anything better to be doing?

Let’s just chill out, accept we’re shit, and enjoy the festive season. Big Jim will be in power in the New Year to make it all better

Unread 23-12-2023, 07:16 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

Let’s just chill out, accept we’re shit, and enjoy the festive season. Big Jim will be in power in the New Year to make it all better
Yeah Maggers

Jeeeeez

Unread 23-12-2023, 07:24 PM
measlyshark

It's £#%&!ing shite. I can live with it as I've seen the shite before. I feel sorry for the kids. My youngest is obsessed and seeing him totally disinterested in the match because of the total £#%&! offered up is dispiriting. Bowl of shite all around.

Unread 23-12-2023, 07:25 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

indeed

let’s get the box of wine out, watch some Royle family and be glad it’s over

shambles of a team.

Unread 23-12-2023, 07:28 PM
Neo

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona

And with the state of that performance today, there is only one question you need to ask yourself: 'where was Paul Pogba in all of this?!'

Unread 23-12-2023, 10:48 PM
Stickman

If you look at the manager in isolation and critique the job he's doing - the things he can control, it’s not good enough by any metric. Negative records just toting up from one week to the next.

Our performances have been abject from when the Wolves match set the tone. Many of the games where weve got the win have been fortunate too. If we kept losing but showed some sort of indication that we were building a style of play or looking more dangerous as the months roll over then i'd be be behind him but Im seeing nothing to give me any confidence. The arguments have changed from nobody could be successful to nobody could even do better which is total horse shit, it’s as if he’s trying to get the boot.

Should have stuck with a midfield after last week but no, and we knew he wouldn’t. Bruno’s suspension forced him to do what most of us have been calling for all season.

I think he’s a dead man walking now, 1 goal in our last 5 or 6? With his own striker and wide forward that he knows. It’s damning on him.

And there he goes again today post match, basically saying we played well - he’s completely out of his depth.

Unread 23-12-2023, 11:12 PM
marlo

Unread 23-12-2023, 11:28 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
It’s not even “out there” at this point.

Unread 23-12-2023, 11:53 PM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
We have a principled coach who clearly has a vision that he’s determined to stick with
You see it in spells and when it’s good, there’s reasons to feel there’s progress.
- There’s an idea of how he wants to play that you sometimes see
I’d love him to succeed but can you please enlighten me? Whatever it is, it is neither effective nor entertaining. It’s all becoming a bit Emperor’s new clothes to me.

Unread 23-12-2023, 11:58 PM
Dr Stranger

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado
I’d love him to succeed but can you please enlighten me? Whatever it is, it is neither effective nor entertaining. It’s all becoming a bit Emperor’s new clothes to me.
No, thanks

Unread 24-12-2023, 12:33 AM
Medlock

ETH gets a very easy ride compared to his predecessors. It's Christmas and we've played well once all season (chelsea h). We're worse than we've been at any time since I started going in the mid-1980s. We cant score or defend, and have no midfield. Oh, and the keeper is shit as well. According to the BBC, we've had the most pre-Christmas defeats since 1930 (a relegation season). At every other top European outfit he would have been sacked and hounded out of town. He's fallen out with more players than 'toxic' Mourinho and is less tactically savvy than 'out of his depth' Ole. He's a disciplinarian who lets players get away with the most shambolic, lazy performances I've ever seen in the shirt. I don't even necessarily want him sacked but he could have absolutely no complaints if he were.

Unread 24-12-2023, 12:40 AM
Zorg

Actually wondering if it might be worth the huge punt of sacking him and hiring whoever the £#%&!.

But let’s face it, we’d probably find ourselves doing it again 2 years later.

After losing to Fulham with a centre half pairing of Ritchie de Laet (signed on a free) and an actual corpse on loan from a funeral home.

Unread 24-12-2023, 12:59 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medlock
It's Christmas and we've played well once all season (chelsea h).
we did not play well against chelsea. they could have scored loads.
Closed Thread