Unread 15-10-2023, 04:09 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry
agreed
over

Unread 15-10-2023, 04:19 PM
Jack Duckworth

I thought the Qatar cheerleaders on here assured us that the sheikh would take over because Arabs don't do public failure?

The Ratcliffe deal keeps the Glazers and the debt at the club. I can't see the positives of it, tbh.

What a mess.

Unread 15-10-2023, 04:34 PM
poppy

Thumbs up

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/31/footb...ntl/index.html

Chill.

Unread 15-10-2023, 05:01 PM
92ToBury

Wonder if Jim'll give up his Chelsea season ticket?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Shares increase in value, profit is made at some point. If the golden goose that is being alluded to (super league, TV rights hike, Saudi CL etc.) comes to fruition there’ll be money to be had. They better hope United don’t drop out of contention for these things..
Or shares go down in value, we continue to be £#%&!ed and get less relevant by the season as new owners arrive at Spurs and the vermin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedr0
yes. becoming a PR sock puppet for Qatar would have been far far worse and with no way back from it.
At least our pro-Palestine fans would be happier than having a Jewish family running the club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Either Jim doesn't care about the club and is just buying in just to make some money, or we're struggling financially (we're not).

It can't be both.
We are. Look at the level of equity in the club compared to five years ago. It's actually worrying that it's dropping year on year and not just a covid 2-season blip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Keeping the soul of the club is priceless

£#%&! Qatar....
The soul? Sold in 2005 my friend.

Unread 15-10-2023, 05:14 PM
westcoastvan

Players must be deflated as hell...it will be interesting to see how some of them perform in the next few games.

Now would be a good time to ponder your relegation clause, if you have an ounce of talent or ambition.

Unread 15-10-2023, 05:37 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastvan
Players must be deflated as hell...it will be interesting to see how some of them perform in the next few games.

Now would be a good time to ponder your relegation clause, if you have an ounce of talent or ambition.
Nice to see well rounded and sound conversation going on.

Unread 15-10-2023, 05:50 PM
pedr0

Quote:

Unread 15-10-2023, 06:00 PM
westcoastvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Nice to see well rounded and sound conversation going on.
Lol, I said pondering, I don't expect a player to actually down tools to get out, but...

I imagine that some of them were excited about the prospect of being owned by the next Man City, with owners who would make United a top club again.

If things go south under Ten Hag, and you have talent, you know.....maybe, greener pastures....maybe a chat with agent..... as to where you can win lots of trophies, just sayin.

Unread 15-10-2023, 06:15 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Lol, I said pondering, I don't expect a player to actually down tools to get out, but...

I imagine that some of them were excited about the prospect of being owned by the next Man City, with owners who would make United a top club again.

If things go south under Ten Hag, and you have talent, you know.....maybe, greener pastures....maybe a chat with agent..... as to where you can win lots of trophies, just sayin.
We won a trophy last season and could very well win another in the next five years

Unread 15-10-2023, 06:18 PM
dinger

Quote:

Is it possible for this lot to deflate any more?

Unread 15-10-2023, 06:31 PM
westcoastvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
We won a trophy last season and could very well win another in the next five years
A mini trophy, the lowest of the low trophies. The most irrelevant of all trophies.

The next 5 years?!? United use to win a trophy every year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinger
Is it possible for this lot to deflate any more?
Well, let's just see how it plays out the next few games.

Maybe they're not that bothered by the minority sale, and eventually turn things around, or maybe.....

Unread 15-10-2023, 09:56 PM
pedr0

Quote:
A mini trophy, the lowest of the low trophies. The most irrelevant of all trophies.

The next 5 years?!? United use to win a trophy every year.

Well, let's just see how it plays out the next few games.

Maybe they're not that bothered by the minority sale, and eventually turn things around, or maybe.....
yeah maybe just maybe the players who have giving absolutely no indication in the past 18 years of giving a £#%&! about who owns the club, will continue not giving a £#%&!

Unread 15-10-2023, 09:59 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

I'm going to stick my neck out and say "as shit as they've been performing all season"

Unread 15-10-2023, 10:51 PM
Stickman

Narrator “It didn’t crumble.”

Unread 15-10-2023, 11:50 PM
westcoastvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I'm going to stick my neck out and say "as shit as they've been performing all season"
Call it a hunch, but I don't think you have to stick your neck out too much on that one.

At any rate, I'm trying to adjust to the reality that those 20 years of glory (93 - 2013).....probably aren't returning anytime soon. Hard one to swallow.

Unread 16-10-2023, 03:27 AM
Dueling Banjos

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedr0
- this news should absolutely not change the strength of fan opposition to the glazers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92tobury
the soul? Sold in 2005 my friend.

Unread 16-10-2023, 06:22 AM
Ethers

Interesting read for anyone capable of looking further than the BuT hE hIrEd HiS bRoThEr narrative.

Also worth noting Nice are currently 2nd in Ligue 1, the only unbeaten team.

The Times have been running some articles with interesting bits of info, clearly being fed from INEOS.

Quote:
That means a new look at recruitment and performance, including sports science. As part of the due diligence, Ineos has already studied data that shows United’s transfer policy has been wasteful, with far less of the squad value on the pitch than at Manchester City, for example. Harry Maguire’s inability to start regularly is the most obvious example but there are plenty of others too.
Ed Woodward’s endless prevarications over a football director until 2021, when the former chief executive promoted Murtough from within, was a significant failing of his regime. The proposed deal by Ineos would make a clear division between the performance and business sides of the club — in contrast with the Woodward years when he tried to run both, with the football side being neglected as he spent a lot of time in the London offices and made brief, infrequent trips to the training ground
Hallelujah.

Quote:
Ineos will explore how to expand a rebuilt Old Trafford into a 90,000-seat stadium if Sir Jim Ratcliffe is successful with his offer to buy a stake in Manchester United.
A need to upgrade and potentially expand Old Trafford is also understood to have been a significant part of negotiations, with the 74,310-capacity ground requiring urgent modernisation. Ineos’s involvement is expected to accelerate those plans, with funds set aside.
Thoughts with the £2bn New Stadium reds

Unread 16-10-2023, 06:53 AM
Patty_b

It's a shame it's not a full sale, but I think it's clear that INEOS/Jim would have much preferred the original plan of buying the club and transferring the debt away from the club.

But since the club was put up for sale things obviously changed for the Glazers, and at some point they realised there was more value to them to cling on to as much as they could (at least for the time being), and sell 25% to whomever was willing to put the money up. If they did prefer a full sale then they would have just took the money from anaphylactic Giggs and been done with it.

This stake INEOS have bought is a silver lining. Not as good as a full sale, but damn better than nothing. It seems as though INEOS have demanded control of the football side of things for their stake, which makes sense. I don't think they'd just throw a cool $1.5B at the club and be happy with next to no say in anything at the club, and be happy to be so intrinsically linked to a club like Man United plodding along doing the bare minimum with a pissed-off fanbase. Especially with how the club has been run over the past decade.

Also think the argument that he's just in it for the money and is another parasite is absolute nonsense, because if that was the case, and if it was easy money to leach, then where are all the other rich @#%&!s of the world who seem to be passing at this golden opportunity? Ratcliffe may be the 2nd richest man in the UK, but globally I doubt he makes the top 100. Strange that so many seem to have missed it.

I'm delighted we (reportedly) aren't selling to Qatar, and I'm happy enough with the deal that's been reported to go down. I'd be happier if it was a full sale, or a higher percentage, but accepting the realities of the situation, this is significantly better than nothing.

If all that has been reported ends up being true, then we'll be in a much better position going forward than we were a year ago.