United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-03-2023, 06:43 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
I’d pay more heed to footballing thoughts from a packet of Sutton seeds than from that imbecile.

I’m not Bruno’s biggest fan. When he’s good, he’s good. When he’s bad, he’s dreadful. He was the latter on Sunday. But so was just about everyone else. The team’s performance was unprofessional, not just Bruno, and if morons like Sutton are calling him out, you can be pretty sure it’s because he’s done a good job this year as captain (and he has) and the haters just want to contribute whatever they can to the breaking of what is being built at United.

I’ll trust ETH thanks, rather than that #@&%!ed pipe cleaner.

The funniest bit is where they’re all going “ definitely not the quadruple “ ,”never in the title race” etc

There hasn’t been a single Man Utd fan I’ve met who has gone, “yea we seriously can win all 4”. At best it’s been “ can’t see it happening but you never know”

The media are the first ones who talk about it and bring it up and then are the first ones to cry foul.

The treatment of Bruno has been shambolic. Half the things he’s been accused of he didn’t even do. The other half make no sense. He’s been like this all season and we have a ridiculous win record with him in the team. He usually runs his legs off for the full 90 and has played the most mins for us this season . OK he shouldn’t have stopped, but hardly a case of get rid of him as captain. Just needs a word and he will learn from it .

Bruno will stay captain as he should, I hope we get to lift one of the Europa or fa cup. Just to see him lift it must boil so much piss.

Unread 07-03-2023, 07:17 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
The funniest bit is where they’re all going “ definitely not the quadruple “ ,”never in the title race” etc

There hasn’t been a single Man Utd fan I’ve met who has gone, “yea we seriously can win all 4”. At best it’s been “ can’t see it happening but you never know”

The media are the first ones who talk about it and bring it up and then are the first ones to cry foul.

The treatment of Bruno has been shambolic. Half the things he’s been accused of he didn’t even do. The other half make no sense. He’s been like this all season and we have a ridiculous win record with him in the team. He usually runs his legs off for the full 90 and has played the most mins for us this season . OK he shouldn’t have stopped, but hardly a case of get rid of him as captain. Just needs a word and he will learn from it .

Bruno will stay captain as he should, I hope we get to lift one of the Europa or fa cup. Just to see him lift it must boil so much piss.

Word.

Unread 07-03-2023, 10:05 PM
puressence

Roy Keane the ultimate player who was red carded 9 times at utd mainly for shit he caused missing a year of football trying to injure another player , hammering a player for waving his arms about ffs 🤦‍♂️. Him and Neville are an absolute £#%&!ing embarrassing really embarrassing

Unread 07-03-2023, 10:13 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Roy Keane the ultimate player who was red carded 9 times at utd mainly for shit he caused missing a year of football trying to injure another player , hammering a player for waving his arms about ffs 🤦‍♂️. Him and Neville are an absolute £#%&!ing embarrassing really embarrassing
Was thinking about this. Cantona flying kicked a fan (rightly so) but it’s hardly an “example for kids”

Unread 07-03-2023, 11:03 PM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Was thinking about this. Cantona flying kicked a fan (rightly so) but it’s hardly an “example for kids”
Apples (defending yourself, maybe a little too forcefully, against an agressor) and pears (pretending you’ve been poleaxed when you haven’t, not acceptable even if - or in reality, because - others do it. We are, or should be, better than that).

Unread 07-03-2023, 11:09 PM
armchair

I put it down to exhaustion. He's been putting in superhuman numbers and has sacrificed his whole game for the team. I kind of wish he'd been sent off early as we would've just dug in for a draw and he'd have had a rest.

Unread 07-03-2023, 11:12 PM
Bunker Buster

Very unlikable guy....

Unread 07-03-2023, 11:16 PM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I put it down to exhaustion. He's been putting in superhuman numbers and has sacrificed his whole game for the team. I kind of wish he'd been sent off early as we would've just dug in for a draw and he'd have had a rest.
I think you are being charitable. He’s a champion whinger when he’s full of energy. Not decrying his footballing abilities, but just wish he would grow up a bit. Apart from anything else it’s counter-productive on the pitch. No referee ever changes their mind and once you start moaning all decisions go aginst you.

Unread 07-03-2023, 11:29 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado
I think you are being charitable. He’s a champion whinger when he’s full of energy. Not decrying his footballing abilities, but just wish he would grow up a bit. Apart from anything else it’s counter-productive on the pitch. No referee ever changes their mind and once you start moaning all decisions go aginst you.
I think he cracked along his own faultlines. He had largely cut out the hand-waving and moaning under Ten Hag. No excuses but I can understand what happened without condoning it.

People were suggesting he got a rest before the Liverpool game. He does more running than anybody and has played the most minutes.

Unread 07-03-2023, 11:38 PM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
He had largely cut out the hand-waving and moaning under Ten Hag.
Not sure I agree, but then again we all see different things when we watch matches. Just reminds me of those players at Sunday morning under 18s when you just want them to get on with the game and concentrate on what they are good at.

Unread 07-03-2023, 11:47 PM
Sparky***

Man who got sent to prison for stalking and kidnapping his ex missus pontificates on someone else for having a short temper.

Unread 07-03-2023, 11:49 PM
armchair

I watched his last game for Sporting and I hated him. He was an absolute brat. I think it's his worst trait but he had definitely worked on keeping it in check this season. The bough broke at the weekend. He was a disgrace but his selflessness this season has made me love the guy. Much more than in his stats season.

He was self-destructive at the weekend. It's a tough one for Ten Hag.

Unread 08-03-2023, 12:07 AM
MUFC One Love

He has been very good for months, one bad game/behaviour issues isn't going to change that.

Unread 08-03-2023, 01:03 AM
Stickman

Whilst acknowledging his productivity, I'm fairly confident he could be replaced by a player who would offer similar as well as being less wasteful of possession*

I'd not be bothered of we got rid.

*I dont watch other leagues so dont ask me who.

Unread 08-03-2023, 10:52 AM
puressence

Imagine Martin keown having the neck to slate Bruno and every other @#%&!. Any red siding with media and alike need to have a word ffs 🤦‍♂️

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Very unlikable guy....
You met him ?

Unread 08-03-2023, 11:21 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Imagine Martin keown having the neck to slate Bruno and every other @#%&!. Any red siding with media and alike need to have a word ffs ��‍♂️

You met him ?
I was annoyed with him on Sunday but i've gotten over it now. I can understand him being pissed off watching his defenders behind him completely shit the bed.

Unread 08-03-2023, 01:55 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I was annoyed with him on Sunday but i've gotten over it now. I can understand him being pissed off watching his defenders behind him completely shit the bed.
This. He was shite, his attitude stunk, but the reaction in the media has been ridiculous considering how important he’s been for us since he arrived.

Unread 08-03-2023, 03:00 PM
20LEgend1999

Erik ten Hag on Bruno Fernandes: "He is a really important role why we are in the position we are. He is an inspiration for the whole team. No-one is perfect. Everyone makes mistakes. When Harry is not on the pitch he is our captain."

Sounds like someone he can't wait to replace.

Unread 10-03-2023, 05:49 AM
westcoastvan

I'm amazed by his endurance. Seems like he's played every league and cup game this year with hardly being subbed off.

I've been waiting for the shoe to drop, to see him start to fatigue or pick up an injury, but so far he's just been a tireless unstoppable running machine.

Unread 10-03-2023, 10:40 AM
Vedder

He was brilliant last night fair play
Closed Thread