Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

Unread 06-03-2023, 08:17 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:

Unread 06-03-2023, 09:07 PM
Chris Quayd

Let's face it he's only got the captaincy because all the other candidates arrived in the summer and our actual captain is crap. He was a disgrace yesterday but he's got plenty of credit in the bank for all he has contributed to the cause and if our forward options didn't include oafs like Weghorst and shithouses like Martial maybe he wouldn't lose his head as much.

Unread 06-03-2023, 10:10 PM
Dr Stranger

Shots fired at Quayders from the REAL big Louis.

Unread 06-03-2023, 11:05 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
https://twitter.com/utdplug/status/1...aSbh7vgQsN2lEQ

Shots fired at Quayders from the REAL big Louis.
I couldn’t give two hoots what the players think, it’s ME who is embarrassed by the way he behaves. I can overlook an effeminate Iberian in our forward line but a captain should be someone who is up for a bear-knuckle scrap and both intimidates and inspires teammates.

Unread 06-03-2023, 11:11 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
I couldn’t give two hoots what the players think, it’s ME who is embarrassed by the way he behaves. I can overlook an effeminate Iberian in our forward line but a captain should be someone who is up for a bear-knuckle scrap and both intimidates and inspires teammates.
Shots fired at Louis Saha by the REAL Big Chris.

Unread 06-03-2023, 11:46 PM
AK14

This explains it

It’s widely known Bruno dislikes black pudding.

Was actually caught on the face too tbf

Unread 07-03-2023, 12:13 AM
tatty

It’s too divisive to do mid-season I think but Casemiro should be captain next season.

Unread 07-03-2023, 04:15 AM
Denis Irwell

Whether it touched his face or not, he went down like a fanny. Then again, hard pushed to find a player that doesn’t. As for the linesman, ffs, Wtf is wrong with people? The Lino made a half-hearted attempt to restrain Bruno and then Bruno tapped him on the back. Barely worth a comment. Six weeks :

… and people actually take this shit seriously

Unread 07-03-2023, 06:53 AM
shenwen

When ETH specifically referenced the lack of professionalism, was it a direct dig at Bruno? Anyone other culprits?

Unread 07-03-2023, 07:30 AM
magic_cantona

Genuinely sickening the amount of shit he's getting. People wonder why Sancho came off social media and couldn't face the world? And its not like its 'just criticism' either, it's vitriolic spite. Awful. Has to be way OTT doesn't it?

Unread 07-03-2023, 08:07 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Genuinely sickening the amount of shit he's getting. People wonder why Sancho came off social media and couldn't face the world? And its not like its 'just criticism' either, it's vitriolic spite. Awful. Has to be way OTT doesn't it?
Yep.

Unread 07-03-2023, 08:35 AM
shenwen

Quote:
It's dreadful. One game. One £#%&!ing game and it's throw the kitchen sink at him time. £#%&! everything he's done in the past. One mistake and he's an unforgivable @#%&!.

What an amazing fanbase we have.

Unread 07-03-2023, 09:17 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
It's dreadful. One game. One £#%&!ing game and it's throw the kitchen sink at him time. £#%&! everything he's done in the past. One mistake and he's an unforgivable @#%&!.

What an amazing fanbase we have.

It's embarrassing pal.

Shameful.

These ***** have no idea how morale works, do they? Pummelled and hated on - yeah, that'll
get them in shape for the last leg of the season. All the good vibes and plaudits when we've been great mean £#%&! all if you follow it up with hatred. It's £#%&!ing bizarre this over reaction.

Unread 07-03-2023, 09:26 AM
believe

Quote:
It's embarrassing pal.

Shameful.

These ***** have no idea how morale works, do they? Pummelled and hated on - yeah, that'll
get them in shape for the last leg of the season. All the good vibes and plaudits when we've been great mean £#%&! all if you follow it up with hatred. It's £#%&!ing bizarre this over reaction.
Alright pal, calm down ffs he’s not reading it. I doubt he reads any of it or gives a flying £#%&!.

I think in the main people are questioning his captain qualities purely based on the fact he’s too emotional which is never a good leadership quality. However, if you want to destroy someone’s morale, taking the captaincy away from them will do, that’s why it’s highly unlikely it will happen.

Unread 07-03-2023, 10:06 AM
Dasilvatwins

He shouldn’t be stripped of the captaincy. Ffs.

There were four “incidents” that are being brandied about.

1. Bruno went down easy- I said it on the match thread and the tweet above proved it, he was hit in the jaw. He did go down easy but 99% of footballers do the same. Robertson went down clutching his face and there wasn’t even contact in the same game . Regardless he was hit in the face.

2.neville claiming he wanted to come off. He clearly doesn’t? The videos prove it.

3. He stopped chasing back after losing the ball. This is the only time I would give him criticism. But it’s one that ETH needs a word if it happens again then there should be consequences. That is all. Generally Bruno runs his balls off nonstop for us so it’s actually quite surprising to see him do it.

4. The linesmen. Who puts his hand out on him first. He hardly strikes him. He is a Man Utd player, the media build the team up only to knock them down. 5 match ban piss off. Ex premier league ref on sky sports even mentioned the linesmen puts his hand on Bruno first .

Neville keeps going on about his complaint to reds etc, who cares. Clearly we have just been on a run with him in the team where he has lost 2 out of the last 15-20 games when he has played. Clearly it’s not affecting the team. Neville loves to make a statement and then stick with it because he would look like an ass to backtrack .

We lost because collectively as an XI at the team played poor. I kind of hope ETH doubles down and keeps Bruno as captain and almost develops a siege mentality of us vs them.

Unread 07-03-2023, 10:51 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
We lost because collectively as an XI at the team played poor. I kind of hope ETH doubles down and keeps Bruno as captain and almost develops a siege mentality of us vs them.
I think will be pretty easy to implement if he wants it, I'd welcome it & frankly I'd like to see us both play & kick Betis off the park with unadulterated aggression on Thursday then do no media & do the same again to Soton on Sunday.

Unread 07-03-2023, 11:09 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
He shouldn’t be stripped of the captaincy. Ffs.

There were four “incidents” that are being brandied about.

1. Bruno went down easy- I said it on the match thread and the tweet above proved it, he was hit in the jaw. He did go down easy but 99% of footballers do the same. Robertson went down clutching his face and there wasn’t even contact in the same game . Regardless he was hit in the face.

2.neville claiming he wanted to come off. He clearly doesn’t? The videos prove it.

3. He stopped chasing back after losing the ball. This is the only time I would give him criticism. But it’s one that ETH needs a word if it happens again then there should be consequences. That is all. Generally Bruno runs his balls off nonstop for us so it’s actually quite surprising to see him do it.

4. The linesmen. Who puts his hand out on him first. He hardly strikes him. He is a Man Utd player, the media build the team up only to knock them down. 5 match ban piss off. Ex premier league ref on sky sports even mentioned the linesmen puts his hand on Bruno first .

Neville keeps going on about his complaint to reds etc, who cares. Clearly we have just been on a run with him in the team where he has lost 2 out of the last 15-20 games when he has played. Clearly it’s not affecting the team. Neville loves to make a statement and then stick with it because he would look like an ass to backtrack .

true dat.

the hounding of bruno in the press is ridiculous. he was hit in the face. anyone hounding salah for looking for a free kick when martinez did the same to him? of course not. players overreact all of the time. maybe because refs are so shit.

the incident with the linesman, he didn't "push" him; he was merely guiding him out of the way so he didn't run into him.

bruno needs to stop whining, because referees just learn to ignore him completely. then he ends up not getting penalties.

Unread 07-03-2023, 04:02 PM
Lodestar

Sutton on the BBC going in two footed saying he should be stripped of the captaincy. £#%&!ing ridiculous and all part of the micro analysis of the game these days. If he bangs in two on Thursday night does that mean he gets it back for the next game?

They were all collectively poor on Sunday, Bruno just sulked more than the others.

Unread 07-03-2023, 06:36 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar
Sutton on the BBC going in two footed saying he should be stripped of the captaincy. £#%&!ing ridiculous and all part of the micro analysis of the game these days. If he bangs in two on Thursday night does that mean he gets it back for the next game?

They were all collectively poor on Sunday, Bruno just sulked more than the others.
I’d pay more heed to footballing thoughts from a packet of Sutton seeds than from that imbecile.

I’m not Bruno’s biggest fan. When he’s good, he’s good. When he’s bad, he’s dreadful. He was the latter on Sunday. But so was just about everyone else. The team’s performance was unprofessional, not just Bruno, and if morons like Sutton are calling him out, you can be pretty sure it’s because he’s done a good job this year as captain (and he has) and the haters just want to contribute whatever they can to the breaking of what is being built at United.

I’ll trust ETH thanks, rather than that #@&%!ed pipe cleaner.
Closed Thread