United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-06-2019, 09:21 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
That's the feeling I get yes.....
For the record, there's nobody I'd rather see succeed more than a local lad with a good temperament.

I'm just concerned by his development.

Not even saying he's not gonna make it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Very sad.

They’re now inventing attitude problems for him too.

Oh, and having a go at home for being friends with Lingard. The bastard.
Well none of that is true.

Unread 17-06-2019, 09:36 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
For the record, there's nobody I'd rather see succeed more than a local lad with a good temperament.

I'm just concerned by his development.

Not even saying he's not gonna make it.

Well none of that is true.
Been posted many times ..

Bad attitude
Fell out with the Spanish lot
Lingard leading him astray
Wants 350k

All things we'd slate opposition players for..

Even if not true.

Unread 17-06-2019, 09:39 PM
92ToBury

Nobody wants him to fail.

The expectations aren't high, unfortunately, given the lack of goals last season.

He's done nothing to deserve those wages beyond being at the club when Sanchez was given the daftest contract since Moyes was at the club.

Unread 17-06-2019, 09:41 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Nobody wants him to fail.

The expectations aren't high, unfortunately, given the lack of goals last season.

He's done nothing to deserve those wages beyond being at the club when Sanchez was given the daftest contract since Moyes was at the club.
15 goals.

A huge pen against PSG

the wages rumours must be true ?

Unread 17-06-2019, 09:44 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Very sad.

They’re now inventing attitude problems for him too.

Oh, and having a go at home for being friends with Lingard. The bastard.
That one is a fair comment tbf

Unread 17-06-2019, 09:51 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
15 goals.

A huge pen against PSG

15 goals for 350 grand a week?

Unread 17-06-2019, 09:52 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
15 goals for 350 grand a week?
So we're believing the press now when it comes to united ?

Unread 17-06-2019, 09:52 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
So we're believing the press now when it comes to united ?
How much is his agent asking for then Mino?

Unread 17-06-2019, 10:07 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
How much is his agent asking for then Mino?
Like 98% of us, I have absolutely no idea.

Unread 17-06-2019, 10:34 PM
My Name is Keith

He could do with surprising us all and having a good season tbh. That would be a rare thing - feeling surprised and enjoying watching him. We can but dream.

The last third of the season was a huge stain on the entire club and it will take some shifting. Desperate to see Rashers peeling away in celebration having scored a goal before I see another vid of him and lingz preparing for their Mensa tests.

Unread 17-06-2019, 10:59 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

What an absolute surprise sur£#%&!ingprise that a young talent doesn't go on and become a world beater in a team of £#%&! ups and dogshits.

The young rashman has performed well beyond most of the so called senior players around him providing the incontestable high point in an otherwise garbage filled bag of a season, get off his back you clowns

Unread 17-06-2019, 11:39 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
What an absolute surprise sur£#%&!ingprise that a young talent doesn't go on and become a world beater in a team of £#%&! ups and dogshits.

The young rashman has performed well beyond most of the so called senior players around him providing the incontestable high point in an otherwise garbage filled bag of a season, get off his back you clowns
yhgr

All he needs to do is bag 30 goals at the age of 21 in a dogshit team at a directionless club. Only then can we accept he has Instagram.

Terribly disappointed in reds these days tbh.

Unread 18-06-2019, 04:15 AM
shenwen

Quote:
15 goals.

A huge pen against PSG

Top wum

FTR, he'll do well. His off field life is questionable but he's a 21 year old who has a shit load of talent. His pace and control is first class, finishing less so but still very good - but needs to work on his decision making and link up play. End of last season he was trying too hard to force things (understandable tbh). In a more settled and better organised team, I think he'll do well. High hopes for next season

Unread 18-06-2019, 05:40 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
The penalty was calm under pressue, but if Pogba had taken it and someone was referencing that as a big achievement, you'd be taking the piss.
I don't think it was the fact he scored a penalty that people are referring to but the fact, at the time, he was playing with huge confidence and scored the most vital goal of the season under huge pressure. It ironic that goal eventually killed him and the rest of the team mentally and physically.

People have very short memories when it comes to Rashford because he was playing exceptionally well until the injury in the Liverpool game. The fact he tries to continue to shoulder the burden of the team for months after shows his value to the team and his dedication imo, it wasn't his fault that he was put in that position.

This season is big for him but he's more than capable and in many way he will be under less pressure than he was last year after Ole arrived. If he gets 15-20 goals it will be a good return as long as the rest of the team contribute as well. We won many league titles with the main striker scoring similar in the past, it was only really Ruud and Ronaldo who broke that mould.

Unread 18-06-2019, 06:30 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
The penalty was calm under pressue, but if Pogba had taken it and someone was referencing that as a big achievement, you'd be taking the piss.
For someone his age, at that moment of that game it was an achievement...

The team turning to utter shit after that is clouding everyone's opinion if both him and what ole achieved in those 10 games...

Unread 18-06-2019, 06:33 AM
Patty_b

He's 21 years old for £#%&! sake.

That's enough of an excuse for me at the moment for being a bit dodgy with his attitude and decision making. He obviously has talent. He's blisteringly quick, can take people on and can finish at times. If he can increase his success rate in his all round game as time moves forward, which time tends to do, then he's only going to get better.

It's not his fault that he's being made our No. 1 striker at his young age. Of course he should consider it an honour, and he best not waste the opportunity, but it's hardly something to slate him with.

I know there are other players who were better at a younger age, but that doesn't matter if he can keep getting better and better, every player devolops differently. 21 for £#%&! sake. I was still pretending I was 18 when I was 25, and this @#%&!s leading the line for club and country at 21

Unread 18-06-2019, 06:47 AM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
He's 21 years old for £#%&! sake.

That's enough of an excuse for me at the moment for being a bit dodgy with his attitude and decision making. He obviously has talent. He's blisteringly quick, can take people on and can finish at times. If he can increase his success rate in his all round game as time moves forward, which time tends to do, then he's only going to get better.

It's not his fault that he's being made our No. 1 striker at his young age. Of course he should consider it an honour, and he best not waste the opportunity, but it's hardly something to slate him with.

I know there are other players who were better at a younger age, but that doesn't matter if he can keep getting better and better, every player devolops differently. 21 for £#%&! sake. I was still pretending I was 18 when I was 25, and this @#%&!s leading the line for club and country at 21
Pretty much the same age as Ronnie was when he returned from the World Cup and turned into the beast

There had been a similar sniping chorus of get rid of the show pony ,greedy @#%&! etc then too

The best is yet to come and anyone refusing to see that is either clueless or in possession of some idiotic agenda

Unread 18-06-2019, 06:55 AM
shenwen

Quote:
For someone his age, at that moment of that game it was an achievement...

The team turning to utter shit after that is clouding everyone's opinion if both him and what ole achieved in those 10 games...
We'll disagree. The penalty took balls but for me scoring a penalty in a last 16 game is not a season-defining moment.

Agree that people are judging him on a bad end to the season, which is daft. He's more than good enough to shine next season.

Unread 18-06-2019, 07:24 AM
Coracao

Rather concerning that he looks like being our main striker next season. Going off the links, or lack of so far, our attackers will remain well below the standard of city, liverpool and spurs. Probably throw Arsenal into that too

Unread 18-06-2019, 07:25 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I don't think it was the fact he scored a penalty that people are referring to but the fact, at the time, he was playing with huge confidence and scored the most vital goal of the season under huge pressure. It ironic that goal eventually killed him and the rest of the team mentally and physically.

People have very short memories when it comes to Rashford because he was playing exceptionally well until the injury in the Liverpool game. The fact he tries to continue to shoulder the burden of the team for months after shows his value to the team and his dedication imo, it wasn't his fault that he was put in that position.

This season is big for him but he's more than capable and in many way he will be under less pressure than he was last year after Ole arrived. If he gets 15-20 goals it will be a good return as long as the rest of the team contribute as well. We won many league titles with the main striker scoring similar in the past, it was only really Ruud and Ronaldo who broke that mould.
Agree with all of the above.

I do understand the counter argument that there was little in the way of service at the end of last season and it was a bit directionless but what he did try and do, he did really badly and that contributed to the problems which swept through the team. Ie he was still culpable and responsible even if there’s problems elsewhere.
Closed Thread