Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Good shout.

Unread 08-12-2021, 10:11 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Embarrassing you @#%&!s ffs 🤦‍♂️
Not as embarrassing as his performances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Good shout.

Unread 08-12-2021, 10:13 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Not as embarrassing as his performances.

Put your head in the toilet

Unread 08-12-2021, 10:14 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Put your head in the toilet
If his name was Tommy Smith, there wouldn't be this weird love in for him.

Ironic thing about his failed loan move to Everton was that was his level...

Unread 08-12-2021, 10:51 PM
Halloween

VDB has been awful, as has AWB, as has Mata, as has Matic, as has Lingard. Only player who has been ok is Greenwood. If people think VDB is a replacement for Pogba they are mistaken.

Unread 08-12-2021, 10:57 PM
windy waffles

Awful tonight.

Unread 08-12-2021, 11:10 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Awful tonight.
He wasn’t awful, let’s not go mad. He had some nice moments until he £#%&!ed up for the goal and then was just on the edge of the game.

Needed more from him and I get the feeling he’s trying too hard to make an impression.

As much we might not like it, Fred and The Scottish Player are nailed on starters in this two deep roles, as it stands.

Unread 08-12-2021, 11:15 PM
ZiggyStardust

If you leave aside his awful mistake then he was OK tonight but nothing to put his case forward for being in the first 11

He’s certainly no number 6

Unread 08-12-2021, 11:16 PM
Switching Off

Didnt really step up. Nor did Lingard. Expected a bit more against the worst team in the group and for a first start under a new manager.

Unread 08-12-2021, 11:18 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
He wasn’t awful, let’s not go mad. he had some nice moments until he £#%&!ed up for the goal and then was just on the edge of the game.

Needed more from him and I get the feeling he’s trying too hard to make an impression.

As much we might not like it, Fred and The Scottish Player are nailed on starters in this two deep roles, as it stands.
This is what pisses me off.

"He has some nice moments...some nice touches..."

Our standards have slipped so much over the years that just doing the basics, of which he the ball away many times I might add, are praised...

It's embarrassing.

Unread 08-12-2021, 11:29 PM
Bunker Buster

Not a 6

Stretty adores him....

Unread 08-12-2021, 11:31 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Not a 6

Stretty adores him....
So what is he as he aint a 10.

An 8?

Hope he proves us wrong but he aint gonna make it here...

Unread 08-12-2021, 11:35 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
So what is he as he aint a 10.

An 8?

Hope he proves us wrong but he aint gonna make it here...
I d say tonight he was a 4 1/2 at best.

Unread 08-12-2021, 11:51 PM
Hyman_Roth

Thought he was excellent in the 1st half compared with lingard who was utter shite from start to finish. Have a semi competent player next to him ie not lingard and he’d be better again.

2nd half we just went down hill very fast and he did too.

Edit: he got a great reception btw. The whole ground chanting his name at times.

Unread 09-12-2021, 12:09 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
This is what pisses me off.

"He has some nice moments...some nice touches..."

Our standards have slipped so much over the years that just doing the basics, of which he the ball away many times I might add, are praised...

It's embarrassing.
Where have I said that is a acceptable or good enough? That was in direct response to you saying he was “awful”, which is an exaggeration.

You know there’s a spectrum and performances can sit somewhere in the middle of awful and rising to the standard of Roy Keane?

He wasn’t great and he wasn’t awful.

Unread 09-12-2021, 12:09 AM
measlyshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Thought he was excellent in the 1st half compared with lingard who was utter shite from start to finish. Have a semi competent player next to him ie not lingard and he’d be better again.

2nd half we just went down hill very fast and he did too.

Edit: he got a great reception btw. The whole ground chanting his name at times.
Very good summary, don't understand the hate.

Unread 09-12-2021, 12:15 AM
suedeshoes

I thought he played well in the first half. There's a real player in him. Whether we'll see it and whether he fits with us I dunno. Reminds me of Herera.

Unread 09-12-2021, 12:19 AM
MagnificentSeven

he's spent most of his time at united sat on the bench so expecting him to be 100% fresh tonight is a big ask.

Unread 09-12-2021, 12:23 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Thought he was excellent in the 1st half

Reds know

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
he's spent most of his time at united sat on the bench so expecting him to be 100% fresh tonight is a big ask.
Agreed, looked tired in the second half,

Bad mistake for the goal aside thought he did well ...

Unread 09-12-2021, 12:27 AM
dunk

Don’t think he was particularly good or bad, he just.. was.

Lingard was an absolute disgrace.