United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-12-2023, 11:06 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Given the appalling injury crisis he’s had to face, and our general poor form, he has done well to keep us in the mix...
lol. we've played shit against some shit teams.

Unread 03-12-2023, 11:13 AM
Sparky***

I want him to succeed but let’s be honest here - it’s not looking good is it.

We look a poorly motivated, disinterested mess

Unread 03-12-2023, 11:14 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I want him to succeed
that why you wanted him sacked in September?

Unread 03-12-2023, 11:15 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
lol. we've played shit against some shit teams.
And yet still won.

Unread 03-12-2023, 11:17 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
that why you wanted him sacked in September?
Yeah I totally said that didn’t I. Shit head.

Unread 03-12-2023, 11:21 AM
Coracao

Think we've lost as many as we have won so far this season in all competitions. And the football seems to be getting worse, when you wouldn't believe it possible.

It's a pretty horrific situation to be in given the money we spend.

Unread 03-12-2023, 11:22 AM
Lok

Quote:
And yet still won.
Everton aside, there wasn't a convincing win amongst them. Even against some extremely poor teams at home we have really struggled. Playing awful football along the way.

Things looked better against Everton and they're a half decent team this year, it was also better against Galatasaray (Onana aside), so I'd hoped a corner had been turned. But yesterday was back to our worst.

This team has no chance of top 4 or winning a trophy this year.

Unread 03-12-2023, 11:24 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Everton aside, there wasn't a convincing win amongst them. Even against some extremely poor teams at home we have really struggled. Playing awful football along the way.

Things looked better against Everton and they're a half decent team this year, it was also better against Galatasaray (Onana aside), so I'd hoped a corner had been turned. But yesterday was back to our worst.

This team has no chance of top 4 or winning a trophy this year.
I didn’t say there was any convincing wins, and literally made the point that we were playing poorly

Unread 03-12-2023, 11:26 AM
armchair

Except for passing around the back and various failed counters, we probably had less than 10% of the ball.

Unread 03-12-2023, 11:57 AM
larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
has 10h called out varane? link please.

Unread 03-12-2023, 11:59 AM
Jethro

If this lot outlast another manager it'll be hard to muster up any enthusiasm moving forward. I'd rather go scorched earth and start from scratch.

Some players are past the point of repair. Maguire our best player ffs

Unread 03-12-2023, 12:01 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry
has 10h called out varane? link please.
that rubbish about him not being able to play on the left as it’s doesn’t give us passing angles while playing Dalot at LB while having reguillon on the bench.
It’s just all smoke and mirrors they had a fall out and he is being punished by our dictator.

Wish he’d get the team to play with as much discipline as he shows to players he doesn’t like for whatever reason

Unread 03-12-2023, 12:04 PM
larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Maguire our best player ffs
don't say this, not only is it wrong but it's damaging to spread false narratives amongst an idiot fanbase

Unread 03-12-2023, 12:54 PM
magic_cantona

Even Everton wasn't a convincing win because they had about 8 decent chances to score, just in the first half. Again, just by plating through us.

The takeover can't come soon enough, and it is a huge distraction but we/ETH should still be doing a lot better.

Unread 03-12-2023, 01:04 PM
jem

Quote:
And yet still won.
just about beating some shit teams is not commendably holding it together. we should have been using the opportunity to build some cohesive style, so that, when we play better teams, we don't look like a £#%&!ing shambles.

Unread 03-12-2023, 01:08 PM
Surfers do Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
The takeover can't come soon enough, and it is a huge distraction but we/ETH should still be doing a lot better.
This bit.

We're going through a worrying spell at the moment but I'd prefer to get six months past any partial takeover and the sacking of Arnold and his mates, then maybe three months with something like an injury free squad.

Then if players like Anthony, Mount and Rashford still aren't showing any progress there needs to be a real examination of the club from top to bottom to find out why the same problems are continuing manager after manager.

We clearly have the flakiest set of players in the league and it can't all be down to six shit managers in a row.

Unread 03-12-2023, 02:24 PM
Hank Scorpio

The Sevilla second half debacle seems to have broken ETH. The team seemed to be slowly getting back on its feet after the scouse humiliation and Maguire comes on at half time and the inevitable collapse ensues. The same kind of capitulations have been happening regularly since whenever we play a half decent ot organised side.
Can't see Ratcliffe having too much patience with his money at stake. ETH will be gone either after another rogering by the scouse a few days after champions league elimination is confirmed or later in the season when it's impossible to qualify next year. As is usual with United it will come down to the costs involved in both scenarios.
Barring some miraculous turnaround in performances and results its only a matter of when at this stage.

Unread 03-12-2023, 02:41 PM
larry

with every defeat, 10h is back on borrowed time
haven't you lot all got bored yet of repeating yourselves over and over again for the past decade, the only difference being the name of the manager you insert into your posts? or is this a default response to trauma? or collective memory loss?
insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.
10h is not the problem, never has been, never will be.

Unread 03-12-2023, 02:47 PM
Sheik JaBooty

The rot in this club was ten years in the making. It may just be beyond him to solve it before his time runs out. Doesn’t mean he isn’t a good manager. He had success prior to United and could very well have more at his next job, but United is a very particular set of problems and the solutions are far from clear.

Unread 03-12-2023, 02:47 PM
Hank Scorpio

Most of us know what the problems are.
The issue now is that it's looking extremely unlikely that Eth is or has a solution
Closed Thread