United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-10-2018, 11:11 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
City absolutely solid at the back. 3 goals conceded this season.
We managed that in just one game at home to “Super” Spurs

Unread 30-10-2018, 02:36 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Didn’t like his analysis tbf. Some of his clip examples were a reach and suggesting he was ‘in and out’ under LvG was obviously nonsense. Felt like someone who has long slagged the player trying to justify himself.

And given we are one of the sides who run the least in the league because we don’t press I didn’t find him running less than guys who play for Klopp, Sarri or Guardiola surprising. He is a little static but as mentioned his output is high.
I sometimes feel like you and I are watching different players tbh. So many times watching Martial barely breaking out of a fast trot on the left when the ball was advancing down the right; so many times... It happened mate, it’s not really a difference of opinion thing.

Of course that’s not to say he can’t change, and he’s been much better in the last few games, but let’s not pretend he didn’t have to change.

Unread 30-10-2018, 07:01 AM
Stickman

City are going to piss the league again.

Unread 30-10-2018, 08:22 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I sometimes feel like you and I are watching different players tbh. So many times watching Martial barely breaking out of a fast trot on the left when the ball was advancing down the right; so many times... It happened mate, it’s not really a difference of opinion thing.

Of course that’s not to say he can’t change, and he’s been much better in the last few games, but let’s not pretend he didn’t have to change.
We're watching the same player, we just disagree on how much he needs to run around. He hasn't changed. I realise it's convenient for you, as a fierce critic, to suggest he has upped his running around, but as Neville pointed out he still runs less than most of his peers.

All Martial has needed to be effective is a place in the team and confidence from the manager. As we are seeing now. Of course he has things he needs to improve on, especially off the ball, but he's 22 so that's a given. He was improving his movement under LvG btw, especially timing his runs to the six-yard box back post to score goals, as he had started doing regularly towards the end of his first year.

But of course back then the Einsteins decided our forward players were being over-coached

Unread 30-10-2018, 10:17 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
We're watching the same player, we just disagree on how much he needs to run around. He hasn't changed. I realise it's convenient for you, as a fierce critic, to suggest he has upped his running around, but as Neville pointed out he still runs less than most of his peers.

All Martial has needed to be effective is a place in the team and confidence from the manager. As we are seeing now. Of course he has things he needs to improve on, especially off the ball, but he's 22 so that's a given. He was improving his movement under LvG btw, especially timing his runs to the six-yard box back post to score goals, as he had started doing regularly towards the end of his first year.

But of course back then the Einsteins decided our forward players were being over-coached
Mourinho claims Martial is much improved off the ball. If the stats show he isn't running more, then it must be a positional thing?

Unless Mourinho is lying...

Unread 30-10-2018, 10:19 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Didn't Fergie sound guardiola out and he basically said he wasn't interested?
No. The opposite if various insiders are to be believed. Let him know the job wouldn’t be available so he took the Bayern job instead of waiting. Same with mourinho. Basically manipulated them both so he could get Moyes into the job.

Unread 30-10-2018, 10:39 AM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
No. The opposite if various insiders are to be believed. Let him know the job wouldn’t be available so he took the Bayern job instead of waiting. Same with mourinho. Basically manipulated them both so he could get Moyes into the job.
Why would he do that?

Unread 30-10-2018, 10:39 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle
Why would he do that?
Because he wanted to clear a path for his chosen one to get a run at the job?

Unread 30-10-2018, 10:55 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Because he wanted to clear a path for his chosen one to get a run at the job?
All supposed insider and forum gossip though.

Unread 30-10-2018, 11:41 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
City absolutely solid at the back. 3 goals conceded this season.
You'd hope so after Pep spent £350m on defenders.

Unread 30-10-2018, 02:49 PM
Buck

Sixth minute onwards

Unread 30-10-2018, 02:50 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
You'd hope so after Pep spent £350m on defenders.
True, true.

Unread 30-10-2018, 03:53 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
I put that on and all the dogs in the neighbourhood started howling

Unread 30-10-2018, 04:49 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
I put that on and all the dogs in the neighbourhood started howling
the pitch of their £#%&!ing voices. ffs

Unread 30-10-2018, 05:10 PM
AK14

Quote:

Surprised Neville didn’t get a face full of gob tbh.

Unread 30-10-2018, 06:10 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
All supposed insider and forum gossip though.
Yes, but it fits with what actually happened. Unfortunately.

Unread 30-10-2018, 08:33 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Mourinho claims Martial is much improved off the ball. If the stats show he isn't running more, then it must be a positional thing?

Unless Mourinho is lying...
No chance.

Quote:

Levy has been chairmain of Spurs for 17 years. Happened to become the "best operator in football" when Pochettino was hired

Unread 30-10-2018, 08:37 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Yes, but it fits with what actually happened. Unfortunately.
Does it £#%&!.

Unread 30-10-2018, 09:27 PM
sa7

Quote:
Carragher looks like he’s about to launch a nuclear grade greenie in Neville’s face

Unread 31-10-2018, 04:54 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Harry Redknapp is furious and claims he was out of order. Then said Gary Neville was in charge of the worst Valencia team in history.

5:00 onwards.

"Spurs used to be spineless...rubbish....flaky...you could be 2-0 down against them and think you'd win 5-2...they were pathetic!"
Closed Thread