United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-05-2008, 08:54 PM
Spiffy

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergieslovechild
I think he's a lying @#%&! who manufactured his way out of a club that supported him through the darkest days of his career.

Does that clarify anything?
That should be on Beckham's wikipedia profile. Spot the £#%&! on.

Unread 01-05-2008, 08:56 PM
believe

Quote:
I think he's a lying @#%&! who manufactured his way out of a club that supported him through the darkest days of his career.

#@&%!. what are your thoughts on cantona who woke up one day and thought "i can't give a £#%&! anymore i'd sooner concentrate on my acting career?"

Unread 01-05-2008, 08:58 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:

Yep, Becks is the only selfish footballer to play for United.

The rest are just charitable.

Unread 01-05-2008, 08:59 PM
Tumescent Throb

Scholes' goal the other night reminded me of Beckham's at Tottenham.

The class of 92 are part of United floklore

I take back my earlier post

Beckham is a major part of a big piece of United's modern legend

In 20 years time Beckham's legendary status will be cemented alongside Giggs, Scholes, Neville and Butt

Unread 01-05-2008, 09:00 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Scholes' goal the other night reminded me of Beckham's at Tottenham.

The class of 92 are part of United floklore

I take back my earlier post

Beckham is a major part of a big piece of United's modern legend

In 20 years time Beckham's legendary status will be cemented alongside Giggs, Scholes, Neville and Butt
correct

Unread 01-05-2008, 09:02 PM
fergieslovechild

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
#@&%!. what are your thoughts on cantona who woke up one day and thought "i can't give a £#%&! anymore i'd sooner concentrate on my acting career?"
Legend!

There was no hidden agenda with his end, he'd had enough.....and hung em up.

Beckham used every trick and press contact in the book to get his dream move.

Unread 01-05-2008, 09:03 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Legend!

Madrid used £25m sheets which may just have swayed the situation

Unread 01-05-2008, 09:04 PM
fergieslovechild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sullivan
Yep, Becks is the only selfish footballer to play for United.

The rest are just charitable.
Only player I can remember (well maybe Ince and Kanchelskis) who thought they were bigger and better than Manchester United FC.

They are wrong!

Unread 01-05-2008, 09:04 PM
M-13

Pity he's playing for a shit pub team in LA.

Unread 01-05-2008, 09:06 PM
fergieslovechild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Madrid used £25m sheets which may just have swayed the situation
Barcelona offered us more but didn't suit his showbiz agenda, so he vetoed the deal!

Unread 01-05-2008, 09:07 PM
believe

Quote:
Legend!

course he did. don't get me wrong because i love eric, but he used his status to determine when he did/didn't play. he used his status enough to make ferguson chase him across europe and he used his status to make his early retirement seem legendary. beckham did none of the above. he played for unted like we all dream of playing. he made a huge £#%&! up marrying that scrubber (possibly his biggest regret) but he never let united and the fans down. ever. if he's not a legend in your eyes then fair enough, he is in mine. £#%&!ing devastated when he went to LA, really thought he was coming back for a moment.

Unread 01-05-2008, 09:11 PM
Ether

Quote:
Barcelona offered us more but didn't suit his showbiz agenda, so he vetoed the deal!
Barca were never interested in signing him you facking mappit, their President to be was just using Beckham to get votes.

Unread 01-05-2008, 09:18 PM
fergieslovechild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Barca were never interested in signing him you facking mappit, their President to be was just using Beckham to get votes.
Their voters saw sense then and voted the right man in.

Unread 01-05-2008, 09:23 PM
Spiffy

Selling Beckham was never about the £25M, £18M or whatever you want to believe they paid. We turned down flat £31M for Scholes from somewhere in Italy, Inter I think it was. We sold Beckham because he'd been speaking to foreign clubs via his agent and had let it become known he was on his way out. He held out for a new contract for 12 months, got it backdated a year and then had 2 years left. We all knew he was going on a Bosman because wanted out of Manchester. In order to preserve his goldenballs image, he made it look like he was shit on by United.

The way he handled the boot incident was a disgrace as well.

Unread 01-05-2008, 09:26 PM
Coracao

United fans slagging him off again...shock horror.

Cracking player whilst at United. I still like the lad, no matter how fashionable it may be to call him a @#%&!.

Score some decent goals too.

Unread 01-05-2008, 09:31 PM
believe

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
United fans slagging him off again...shock horror.

Cracking player whilst at United. I still like the lad, no matter how fashionable it may be to call him a @#%&!.

Score some decent goals too.
great post

Unread 01-05-2008, 09:55 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Selling Beckham was never about the £25M, £18M or whatever you want to believe they paid. We turned down flat £31M for Scholes from somewhere in Italy, Inter I think it was. We sold Beckham because he'd been speaking to foreign clubs via his agent and had let it become known he was on his way out. He held out for a new contract for 12 months, got it backdated a year and then had 2 years left. We all knew he was going on a Bosman because wanted out of Manchester. In order to preserve his goldenballs image, he made it look like he was shit on by United.

The way he handled the boot incident was a disgrace as well.
Don't know whether Beckham met all the add-on clauses, but he won the Spanish title with madrid and was one of the key players in that run-in. I'll guess at £23m.

Beckham would never have gone on a free transfer ffs. Where the £#%&! have you got that from

As for the boot incident, he was photographed with a paper stitch over his eye. So what? The £#%&!ing idiots in the English press/media portrayed a circus around Beckham that millions of thick braindead short-cut-to-thinking morons bought into - literally - hook line and sinker. But behind the media bullshit there's a bloke and his family being followed and staked out 24/7. What should he have done? Gone home and shut the curtains til the plastic surgeon could sneak round?

I don't recall Beckham, Ferguson or anyone else at United ever saying very much about that incident at all, save for the odd laughing off of media moron's questions as the mock outrage and tittle-tattling dust began to settle.

Unread 01-05-2008, 10:03 PM
poppy

In a strange way I think he's actually underrated.

After Scholsey he's the best player the club has brought through from the youth set up in the modern era and also, for me, the player of the season in the club's best ever season.

Shame how it all ended but a true great in my eyes.

Unread 01-05-2008, 10:08 PM
lztom

Beckham was a fantastic player for United and someone who truly loved playing for us.

His big mistake was falling for that horrible stick insect thing who fractured his relationship with Fergie and planted all these ideas of superstardom in his head. Had he married someone more agreeable I'm pretty sure he'd still be at OT and contributing to the first team on some level if not a first choice any longer.

Unread 01-05-2008, 10:11 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lztom
Beckham was a fantastic player for United and someone who truly loved playing for us.

His big mistake was falling for that horrible stick insect thing who fractured his realtionship with Fergie and planted all these ideas of superstardom in his head. Had he married someone more agreeable I'm pretty sure he'd still be at OT and contributing to the first team on some level if not a first choice any longer.
Hello Ted
Closed Thread